• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I think it's all a marketing ploy by Yamaha to gauge the reaction so they can figure out the best message to deliver at the show. If the "fake" pictures have people pissing and moaning they will deliver speech #1. If people are stoked they deliver speech #2. No one finds it strange that after months of nothing all of the sudden there is a pic out of a brochure and another of it in a storage area?

I'm getting tired of the whole thing to be honest. Just release the sled without all the drama. I have a hard time believing somebody has nothing else to do with their time but to create fake photoshop pics and release them a day before the big announcement.

I stared at the warehouse photo for about a half an hour trying to figure out how i would explain to my cat riding buddys how this sled is better then theirs ! And it really is a Yamaha , really it is ...
Then i zoomed the photo up to 800% , there is alot of green shadowing on the very front edge of the seat and green reflection on the floor under the sled.
Whoever photoshopped the pic did a hell of a job but they messed up or just didnt think we would disect it like that.
allthough the new ad with the snake facing you is pretty sweet but the red cat eyes kinda got me worried a bit . I guess we will see tomorow.

yamajammer76 said:
vice108 said:
They wouldn't be from Yamaha - just some tool with too much time on his hands having fun watching all of us scramble around. The larger warehouse picture looks completely fake to me. Just a procross with a color change and then stickers and Yama labels added via photoshop.

If that warehouse picture is photoshopped that's one of the best photoshops I have ever seen. All the shadows and light glare is right. The lines are perfect and everything just looks very real, even the change in material from the side panels to the hood.

And even the sled in the background that you can only see the back end of is just like the one in the foreground. Someone put alot of work into this!

Phatboyc said:
ccrider said:
I don't know if the spy pics are real or fake...but I'm surprised something like this didn't come out earlier. With the ability these days to photoshop things....and with how lathered up we all are about this....we were sitting ducks for this

But if its for marketing it makes sense to do it right before the reveal. Otherwise the buzz would fade.

That warehouse/shop pic is way too good to be photoshopped, unless we have one of the best photoshoppers ever in the photography business who is an avid snowmobiler. The funny thing is I am an Apple fan and whenever there are spy pics leaked you can always pick out a photoshop and those boards are filled with computer geeks trying to photoshop stuff.

Now unless this was some sort of special project that they cancelled along the way I really do think that that's the new SR Viper (and possibly Venom). Now of course there will still be other Yamaha sleds so who knows what new things might still be out there as far as improvements to existing products go. I see this sled as a Nytro replacement not an Apex or Vector replacement. I have no idea what is going to happen with the Phazer.

AKrider said:
I think it's all a marketing ploy by Yamaha to gauge the reaction so they can figure out the best message to deliver at the show. If the "fake" pictures have people pissing and moaning they will deliver speech #1. If people are stoked they deliver speech #2. No one finds it strange that after months of nothing all of the sudden there is a pic out of a brochure and another of it in a storage area?

I'm getting tired of the whole thing to be honest. Just release the sled without all the drama. I have a hard time believing somebody has nothing else to do with their time but to create fake photoshop pics and release them a day before the big announcement.

I don't find it hard to believe at all. People have time to make hoax videos, photos, etc all the time. Hell people build fake lamborghinis in their basement. People do some silly $hit.

I wouldn't past someone who enjoys photoshop, and snowmobiles, to have a little fun with the die hards. I wouldn't put it past Yamaha marketing to try to throw us off the scent. All of this is doing exactly what Yamaha wants....its building the suspense. Its hyping things up. Its getting folks talking.

Hell Yeah Yamaha. Make us proud tomorrow :Rockon:

adubs916 said:
So the Blown Motor guys are saying that the photo is fake; then the warehouse photos must be fake as well.

Do you think this was all derived all from the Yamaha Marketing Dept? Pretty clever to make fake spy photos and "leak" them just to throw us off of the real trail to keep the real sled the ultimate suprise.

This is nothing new. Anyone remember this time of year in 2006. I about lost it when I saw this photo below. I was ready to put my deposit down before getting on one.

Yamaha has done this plenty in the past. And one photos of the front end leaked from them unloading the Phazer at the dealer show in MSP.

(from spring 2006 of the 2007 Phazer)

Attachments

• 2007_smb_peek_400.jpg
    2007_smb_peek_400.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 98
If those photos aren't real it's going to be pretty funny if their new release doesn't live up to a Cat/Yamaha hybrid. Of course maybe they just want to lower expectations so they can wow us? I don't know, tired of the whole stupid thing and am taking a break from it and see what comes out tomorrow.

If the new sled has rear exhaust still run under the tunnel I won't buy one. That stupid design creates too much ice and weight. I like being able to easily lift the back ends of both my Polaris sleds during and after a ride.

AKrider said:
If the new sled has rear exhaust still run under the tunnel I won't buy one. That stupid design creates too much ice and weight. I like being able to easily lift the back ends of both my Polaris sleds during and after a ride.

Yes we all know the disadvantages of the rear exhaust, however there is one benefit. Much lower under hood temps. My Dad has had a lot of heat related issues with his Cat Z1 4-Stroke as the sled ages.

AKrider said:
If those photos aren't real it's going to be pretty funny if their new release doesn't live up to a Cat/Yamaha hybrid. Of course maybe they just want to lower expectations so they can wow us? I don't know, tired of the whole stupid thing and am taking a break from it and see what comes out tomorrow.

Funny thing i had no problem lifting the rear of my warrior this morning(five times).Had to turn it around to avoid a slushy,overflow in a river.

Back