• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ntm_08 said:
Yammerhead said:
Motor seems to be mounted pretty high in the chassis. Oil pan on a Nytro sits flush with the bottom of the front heat exchanger. Also, how the heck do they get the exhaust out of there?!?

Side exit exhaust
The exhaust exits out the belly on the SR Vipers. The unique chassis layout allows the exhaust to exit the back of the engine, have the 3-into-1 manifold cooled by snow kicked up through a hole in the tunnel and then bring the pipe back to the muffler in a traditional configuration. The end result is mass centralization, excellent handling and consistent performance

Where the hell do we place the turbo.

I was wondering the same thing.. I woudn't want it upfront and can't see anyone fitting it in... I am keeping my MCX Nytro and hope it keeps me happy the way it does this season...

Yamaha service departments will be staying quite busy in winter months for years to come with this announcement.

BADSLED said:
ntm_08 said:
Yammerhead said:
Motor seems to be mounted pretty high in the chassis. Oil pan on a Nytro sits flush with the bottom of the front heat exchanger. Also, how the heck do they get the exhaust out of there?!?

Side exit exhaust
The exhaust exits out the belly on the SR Vipers. The unique chassis layout allows the exhaust to exit the back of the engine, have the 3-into-1 manifold cooled by snow kicked up through a hole in the tunnel and then bring the pipe back to the muffler in a traditional configuration. The end result is mass centralization, excellent handling and consistent performance

Where the hell do we place the turbo.

I was wondering the same thing.. I woudn't want it upfront and can't see anyone fitting it in... I am keeping my MCX Nytro and hope it keeps me happy the way it does this season...
Im also keeping my mcx nytro (backup sled) i love the way the procross rides but the motor and belt problem scared me away from buying one now those 2 are out of the way im buying one.

I love that they don't give a weight number. They must have forgot to weigh it. I am sure it was innocently overlooked.

I like the sled overall other than the ski choice and would have been nice to change the seat foam up to look different. Love the bars, always liked cat style bars and grips, light button is in a nice place.

I think they are going to sell the F out of that sled.
I am even considering buying one.

all it needs is some differnt decals(invisible are best), differnt skis and some ohlins up front (cause the chicks dig it)

I like it. I said the first year when the pro came out, If I had the money, i would have bought one and a nitro and started swapping. Love the look, now it has a good motor and clutching

There will be alot of trade ins next year. going to be a big year for my buddy jimmy.

Some of you are really amazing. Whine and cry for the past several years about Yamaha not handling,heavy and on and on why I will not buy one. So they go out and make this decision to get an existing chassis and suspension that works well. Plug their engine in and come up with a new idea to address the issues they have heard for the past several years. Stop drinking that Koolaid from your friends and family who are riding those yellow POS for a while. Cause all is not coming up roses in Yellow land. Contrary to what the BRP marketing spin masters say. You get a new sled that addresses concerns and cry. Get real people. Congrats Yamaha. Way to think outside the box again. Lets go put the boot into the competitions arse. :yam:

Well, I just reviewed the pics. Regardless what anyone says or how they feel, the new Viper will handle better than any Yamaha ever made. I can't see why there are some upset people. Maybe the Cat side of quality will get better? Think positive.

On the downside, I am disappointed there isn't some really cool game changing innovation introduced. I am also disappointed there isn't a OEM turbocharged engine introduced to destroy the competition.

Looking at the reality of things, I believe this will be a great machine.

Well, as a former Nytro rider (pic below), I can tell you the handling in the hills (and flat from what I heard) was less than ideal...

With boost, and minus 100 lbs. of weight (lots of Skinz stuff, and timbersled stuff) With teh Skinz Concept front end, the handling is VERY VERY good...

Picture167Medium.jpg

Switched last year to this (pics below)...again, lots of mods, and increases in HP, as well as lots of weight loss...only issue with this sled, it does not have the torque and feel of a yammie powerplant...IMHO, having ridden both, and modified both heavily...

Again, some common themes...Skinz'ed up...Bumped up power, and shed around 60 lbs. so far...

38961959.jpg

c58c2a0b.jpg

with the new Skinz Hood...

image.jpg

I can tell you, the chassis on this sled, is FAR superior, it is what you need in the mountains...the powerplant, is not what it needs to be, but the Yamaha plant will solve this...

I am not brand loyal, but I am all for purpose built, and as one of those buyers who will make it what he needs, I am SUPER stoked about the cat chassis and the Yamaha powerplant...

Next hope and dream for Yamaha is that their Mountain Viper will have boost!!!!!!! that and a 2.5" or taller lug track...I have a 3" track going on this sled right now...

kinger said:
Way to closed minded people on this site I LOVE IT. They have created the perfect 4 stroke IMO.

How is that?? They put a Nytro motor in a cat Chassis?? No power adder?? I am dissipointed to say the least. If they would have had a supercharged / turbo factory motor, then we would have something here. I think they missed the boat.

Back