• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

AKrider said:
The original Phazer was pretty revolutionary. It's was the complete opposite of the sleds they sell currently. The Phazer was light weight, good handling and floated on the snow. That's the type of sleds the other three OEM's currently make.

I don't see them being able to replicate that again with a 4-stroke motor. If they do they will have something very special and I'd buy one.

:yam:

FarbeyondDriven said:
yamaha1973 said:
FarbeyondDriven said:
jlemieu1 said:
Is this true for 2014??? " sleds will be on display at the Hilton Minneapolis, Marquette drive on Thursday 21, doors open at 4:00 pm. " from CA Yamaha blog?
Sorry I could only handle 20 pages.

I haven't been able to find anything regarding this being open to the public. Anyone?

Yes, this is true :home:

I believe you, I just would feel more comfortable with a link, article, or something verifying.

Here's your link:

Lots of truth to that one… sleds will be on display at the Hilton Minneapolis, Marquette drive on Thursday 21, doors open at 4:00 pm. Unfortunately I won’t be there as I will be driving up to our R@D center after lunch… cheers cr

http://snowmobiles.yamahablogs.ca/2013/ ... /#comments

It's about 13 comments down in that link..

concur

CrankyApeX said:
I can see Yamaha using some of the suspension engineering that Cat developed but I highly doubt they will just drop a Yamaha motor in a Cat chassis. Yamaha hasn't released a "new" chassis since the Nytro and I find it hard to believe they have done nothing to develop a new chassis of their own over the past several seasons. I'm predicting Yamaha will use some Arctic Cat suspension tech on a Yamaha designed chassis and Cat will get a DI designed 2-stroke from Yamaha.... Yamaha has always spent a significant amount of time developing new products before they are released and has a reputation for quality, I don't see why that would be any different this time. Either that or Yamaha has a completely new concept they designed on their own that will change the industry like the 84 Phazer did....

I agree. I see it as Yamaha is most likely collaborating on weight displacement, handling, engine location etc with Arcitc Cat for a new chasis. I don't see them cannibalizing their own business with an out right AC chassis. In exchange AC gets the DI.

Got to remember, Yamaha is racing again. Racing is expensive. You don't spend money fielding a racing team if you're not going to be a manufacturer.

jtssrx said:
rindtj said:
My source says big things are coming.

My source is my cousin's brother's uncle who eats lunch with a guy who knows someone who worked at Yamaha with a guy who used to know Chris Reid.

The jokesters can joke all they want. There is a new sled. It's a nytro replacement. It's a nytro motor in a procross chassis. The apex remains the same

Spring Order gets ya 5 extra belts?

nbsledder said:
Dano said:
Looks like a bit of photoshop, but this came out of google a while back.

Dan

That picture was on here a while back.... i think it was a swedish built sled from a few years ago.
Yeah I know it's not the new Viper. I didn't know who designed it though.

Dan

jtssrx said:
rindtj said:

My source is my cousin's brother's uncle who eats lunch with a guy who knows someone who worked at Yamaha with a guy who used to know Chris Reid.

The jokesters can joke all they want. There is a new sled. It's a nytro replacement. It's a nytro motor in a procross chassis. The apex remains the same

If true and Yamaha has ultimate control over the entire drive line along with motor, this will be a killer sled. Factory turbo and even better. :sled1:

A little OT but really nice bike there Pete! Love it!

Last season I rode a 1973 customized XS650.
Man that was a bike with lots of soul. Always started 1st kick, even after sitting half a year it started 2-3kick. That bike gave me lots of good times, the girls for some reason liked that bike ;).
The engine sounded like it was about to explode but it never did. I sold it to buy a supermotard, a completely soul-less bike but man how fun.

Anyways heres a pic of the old girl.
011Skjermopploslashsning_zps295b6a06.jpg

As for the sleds I feel confident that there will be a new model and it will be a Yamaha from inside out.
:)

BlueByYou2000 said:
jtssrx said:
rindtj said:

If true and Yamaha has ultimate control over the entire drive line along with motor, this will be a killer sled. Factory turbo and even better. :sled1:

If Yamaha uses Cats jack shaft, gears and chain they are in for a rude awakening. Also the rear suspension has many issues as well when it comes to durability. Lets not forget the poor fit and finish of the hood and side panels.

Just read this on another forum.......lol

"Buddy told me that there will be three yami fourstrokes along with the yami 600 direct injection. Not sure about the 800's. some pre production yami's have went through the line at arctic already. I'm not sure if they will all be released in 2014 or some in 2015 but it is definatly happening. quality will probably go up cause he said the japs have been real picky. I still can't believe yami joined with cat cause if you have ever been inside cat it's a real dump just a real grimy building. Trust me I have worked in there many times for my job. I have also worked inside polaris and its a totally different plant. You can eat off any part of the building. Arctic you don't dare touching something cause you will end black from all the soot and dirt in the place. Definatly not up to jap standards."

Dano said:
nbsledder said:
Dano said:
Looks like a bit of photoshop, but this came out of google a while back.

Dan

That picture was on here a while back.... i think it was a swedish built sled from a few years ago.
Yeah I know it's not the new Viper. I didn't know who designed it though.

Dan

Its a concept design of Ockelbo a old swedish snowmobile brand (they had beltdrive instead of chain in early -90 dont know the exact year )

Edit : middle of 1980 even.

http://www.dh.umu.se/en/education/progr ... s/ockelbo/

I heard they r goin retro and redoing the vmax4. Lol. Remember when that dropped? I remember the first time I heard one. My brothers well off room mate came up with one he just bought. Sick is all I remember thinking. Then we wen riding And my brother and I spanked him riding double on my bros phazer2( another great sled) and Jim couldn't believe how fast we where Ridin that little sled two people. Here's hoping for another big one from yamaha. Can't wait to go ride whatever it is at the snodeo. March 1st might even go Saturday as well. Best $5 gate fee I've ever paid

Back