• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

As others have stated there is no way yamaha would sell a Cat as a yamaha without making sure its meeting there specs. I just don't see that happening. I find it hard to believe they would abandon the standards that they set for themselves and quite frankly the rest of the industry. I understand the others have some things to offer, but none can match the reliability or finished product detail of a Yamaha. And when a sled is 13,000 dollars that stuffs important because I'm not able to replace a sled every year or two. If I bought new I'd have a hard time buying anything other than a 4stroke, and it would most likely be a Yamaha, (maybe a 4 tec), but I just want to ride without worry, my tinkering days are way behind me, and lost time is too valuable.

Are the dealers still putting big discounts on the current and non-current models sitting on the show floors? Polaris has some crazy deals going on too. A co-worker just picked up a 800 Rush Switchback Pro-R w/electric start for $9,300. That is $3,300 off of MSRP. It almost seems like they are trying to clear out invetory because of a new model release.

I dont know why but for some reason I think that if Yamaha and Cat started working together it would be like Honda, Kawasaki or Suzuki putting a Harley engine in their bikes. It could be visa versa too.
This would be wrong, it`s like "it cant happen".
I feel the same about sleds, I will never lay my hands on a Yamaha if the chassis is Cat.

If so then I will ride my Nytro for the rest of my life.
I don`t care, even if the sleds can fly in 2030, I wount touch them.

I know I have a stupid attitude but I do love my Yamaha and I wish there was a valentines day for sleds too.

I can see Yamaha using some of the suspension engineering that Cat developed but I highly doubt they will just drop a Yamaha motor in a Cat chassis. Yamaha hasn't released a "new" chassis since the Nytro and I find it hard to believe they have done nothing to develop a new chassis of their own over the past several seasons. I'm predicting Yamaha will use some Arctic Cat suspension tech on a Yamaha designed chassis and Cat will get a DI designed 2-stroke from Yamaha.... Yamaha has always spent a significant amount of time developing new products before they are released and has a reputation for quality, I don't see why that would be any different this time. Either that or Yamaha has a completely new concept they designed on their own that will change the industry like the 84 Phazer did....

jlemieu1 said:
Is this true for 2014??? " sleds will be on display at the Hilton Minneapolis, Marquette drive on Thursday 21, doors open at 4:00 pm. " from CA Yamaha blog?
Sorry I could only handle 20 pages.

I haven't been able to find anything regarding this being open to the public. Anyone?

FarbeyondDriven said:
jlemieu1 said:
Is this true for 2014??? " sleds will be on display at the Hilton Minneapolis, Marquette drive on Thursday 21, doors open at 4:00 pm. " from CA Yamaha blog?

I haven't been able to find anything regarding this being open to the public. Anyone?

Yes, this is true :home:

CrankyApeX said:
Either that or Yamaha has a completely new concept they designed on their own that will change the industry like the 84 Phazer did....

This is true. Everything else on the snow looked like an antique when Yamaha launched the '84 Phazer. It was 10 years ahead of it's time and propelled Yamaha to #1 in the 80's.

The original Phazer was pretty revolutionary. It's was the complete opposite of the sleds they sell currently. The Phazer was light weight, good handling and floated on the snow. That's the type of sleds the other three OEM's currently make.

I don't see them being able to replicate that again with a 4-stroke motor. If they do they will have something very special and I'd buy one.

kimoajaj said:
I dont know why but for some reason I think that if Yamaha and Cat started working together it would be like Honda, Kawasaki or Suzuki putting a Harley engine in their bikes. It could be visa versa too.
This would be wrong, it`s like "it cant happen".
I feel the same about sleds, I will never lay my hands on a Yamaha if the chassis is Cat.

If so then I will ride my Nytro for the rest of my life.
I don`t care, even if the sleds can fly in 2030, I wount touch them.

I know I have a stupid attitude but I do love my Yamaha and I wish there was a valentines day for sleds too.
x2,then Yamaha is in the toilet for me!

arctic cat makes RUBBISH i will be so pissed if they do anything with yamaha and yes im due for a sled next year and it will be a leftover nytro if thats the case, my current 08 nytro has 5500 miles on it and i think about the slides every now and then but its bullet proof and has not been the pos the internet makes it out to be, i have a 12 yz 250, just bought a 13 yz450 and i have a collection of sweethearts all yamahas, i have confidence that they wont let me down, here is one of my most proud beauties, i restored it in 2011
100_3628_sm.jpg

yamaha1973 said:
FarbeyondDriven said:
jlemieu1 said:

Yes, this is true :home:

I believe you, I just would feel more comfortable with a link, article, or something verifying.

Back