• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

lule said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAi9_Abbf3c&feature=share&list=UUPP12HUZYz2B7S7EAgKwbZg

the rumor dont make a sense :o|

Haha 10.00 the light on the arctic is broken?

Edit: 70 Pages of complete nonsense! :p

The only thing arctic cat would need from yamaha is direct injection. Don't know what cat has that yamaha could engineer themselves if they want it bad enough. Both episodes of snowtraxx one about yamaha and this one about cat both point to something big.

bottlerocket said:
Just read this on another forum.......lol

"Buddy told me ........Trust me I have worked in there many times for my job. I have also worked inside polaris and its a totally different plant. You can eat off any part of the building."

That's because they don't make anything there.....

WOW !! this is fun to read but I think the whole Arctic Cat and YAMAHA merger thing is never going to happen. Yamaha might share some direct injection tech but beyond that I don't thing so!!

My dealer told me three things and he said don't hold me to any of them.

Get rid of all your Nytro's you won't be able to sell them when the new Iron comes out.

One sled will be 100 hp
One sled will be 190 hp

I can't wait to have something new to check out.

DGZRT

The 2014 Yamahas will debut Feb. 21 in downtown Minneapolis at the Hilton Hotel from 4pm-9pm.

quote]
http://snowmobiles.yamahablogs.ca/2013/ ... /#comments
[/quote]

I liked the story about the E-Tec sled starting on fire and all the looks on the faces.

I had a similar event happen to a guy in my riding group about 10 years ago on Lake Gogebic in the UP, only the sled was a ZR440 racer with a 600 ZR motor shoe horned into it. It started on fire right in front of the Fisherman's Lodge and gave all of the customers inside a heck of a show when the flames reached about 35-40 ft. in the air. It completely melted about 24" of ice in about a 30 ft. circle around it. They had to put cones around the hole so sledders wouldn't drive over it.

Here is what it looked like when we got it back on the trailer. It took me awhile to dig this one up in my files:

Attachments

• 102-0236_IMG.JPG
    102-0236_IMG.JPG
    340.1 KB · Views: 140
I don't wish a melted sled upon anybody. At some point or another all manufacturers have problems. If I remember correctly the 2007 Phazers had problems with flex pipes cracking and igniting the fuel tank.... Just saying, it can happen to anybody on any machine.

Absolutely! My 2006 Apex caught on fire after the chain case blew. Flash fire on the foam from the hot oil and red hot chain bits. I could've have easily let it burn to the ground if I wanted to, but yanked the side panel off and stuffed as much snow in there as I could.

lule said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAi9_Abbf3c&feature=share&list=UUPP12HUZYz2B7S7EAgKwbZg

the rumor dont make a sense :o|

Well possibly Arctic Cat will be installing only in-house built engines into their sleds and the Yamaha re-badges will have the Yamaha engines. That actually makes more sense. I can see why someone might choose a 2-stroke AC over a 4-stroke, but I can't see why anyone would choose a brand new, unproven 4-stroke from a company that has never been an engine builder in their 50 year history over a Yamaha 4-stroke.

You would have to bleed green pretty hard to choose the same sled without the Yamaha engine if you want a 4-stroke. I'd say if that is the case maybe Arctic Cat is pulling a Polaris and just going back to 2-stroke only.

Arctic Cat's factory is a dirty low budget place. I'm suprised the Japanese would sign off on a place that does so poorly in regards to QC, but maybe they were the only ones who wanted the additional volume of building re-badges.

AKrider said:
The original Phazer was pretty revolutionary. It's was the complete opposite of the sleds they sell currently. The Phazer was light weight, good handling and floated on the snow. That's the type of sleds the other three OEM's currently make.

I don't see them being able to replicate that again with a 4-stroke motor. If they do they will have something very special and I'd buy one.
The winds of change point to a 673 triple(115hp) sled with the same wet weight as the current phazer,all yamaha,from ski tip to bumper(if you can find one :jump:)

Checked out a Cat 1100NA today at a dealer. Felt comfy and normal ergo wise. The back end felt lighter than my old Nytro when picking it up. The front was heavy though. I thought it was a nice sled. The fit and finish is nowhere as bad as some make it out to be. I want to try one out. If all Yamaha did was come out with the same sled with a Yamaha motor, I'd seriously consider one.

Back