• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cat has a reputation for poor reliability, shoddy workmanship and other issues. Just go to the Cat sites and look at the complaining. It is one thing for Yamaha to co-op with Cat to build a 120. YamaCat in general? I don't think so. I've owned Cat's. Doubtful I'd own another one. I've towed many with my Yamaha's.

Regarding the Yamaha promotional catch phrase "A snake that doesn't constrict ... Yet still takes your breath away"

Wondering if the "Industry first" is a clutchless drive system, as in no CVT constricting or squeezing a belt.

The viper was is an awesome ride. It got a bad rap for being stiff but yamaha issued an update wich was 4 new shocks. That rode alot better. It too was kinda alert down as we wanted a new chassis then. As for handling power fit and finish and sound quality it is hard to beat

Rattler. I saw a couple of them go buy last weekend. Was looking for parts falling off as they went by

Doesn't cat sell a little monkey to run behind and pick up the parts that fall off. I heard the original owner never trades the monkey in with the sled though

I have no idea whats coming, but I think its silly that guys are worried about a cat re-badged as a Yamaha. Yamaha is the ultimate super-conservative Japanese company. Every detail is over- engineered and takes forever to reach production. Executives and engineers across Japan would be committing Hara-kiri if any Yamaha product were released with the quality and finish of an arctic cat. And yes, they do share the 120cc but its really a toy not a real snowmobile.

Of course it's very possible that cat and Yamaha may be sharing some tech and that some cat chasis/suspension ideas may be incorporated into a Yamaha. BUT - it would be a Yamaha built and engineered design over all. Nothing to worry about.

You think Yamaha is slow in changing their sleds you should own a Royal Star Venture they have not changed it since it came out in 1999. We have 2001 and it is just like the 2013 model. It still has carbs and a cassette player,so their sleds are improving way faster than the motorcycles are. So consider yourselves lucky, thought I would just share this bit of information.

Richie R

According to sledrumors.com :

''2014 Yamaha Snowmobiles

2014 Yamaha mountain sleds will be basically the same. The flat-lander sleds will get all the attention for model year 2014, but the 2015 Yamaha mountain snowmobiles will make a comeback. Watch for a 4-stroke, 200HP Mountain Max that weighs 500 pounds or less but be patient for another year.''

Back