• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any body else get their email from yamaha with the dark woods and a moonlit sky and the bottom of the picture fades into a giant coiled snake... Can anyone else say viper?

BETHEVIPER said:
De250r said:
Wonder if Johnny skeptical and bunny will b back let's hope no on Johnny yes on bunny.

bring back bunny

3a3ec23ab18986809bc3b8bad4704600_zps0eb0394c.jpg

I might have missed it since this thread is eleventybillon pages long, but has anyone talked about MSRP speculation? That letter from the CEO talked about lower selling prices as part of the future strategy. I personally could NEVER justify 10-15 grand for a toy that I can only use 2-3 months out of a year (and some years never even get to take out)!

Hmmm a clutchless drive system. That sounds interesting because the current variable ratio transmission system is inefficient and that is where most of the efficiency is lost getting hp to the track. Also, belt drives have been around for years and years. I think Olav Aaen was the pioneer for that system when he worked for Evinrude. I think I read that 20 years ago in his clutch tuning handbook. Correct me if I am wrong.

So with that being said, the Jap engineers would surely try to focus on that number one area of hp loss to make it better. Imagine the weight loss of no clutches alone??? Of course all the extra room under the cab. Lots of room to have a front exit exhaust to get away from tunnel icing etc. I like it, but I don't believe it!

but then where would the weak link be? One of the nice things about a belt is that they can break, instead of the drive shaft or drivers?

electric motor of some sort in the jackshaft area, driven by a Yamaha generator of ??? horsepower. Flat belt drive from electric motor to the driveshaft.

drive line shock can be stopped with clutch packs. very simple, some of the snow cross sleds use this on the lower gears years ago to keep from breaking chains on landings.

Yamaha has already had a hydro drive sled..go look at a 1973 we....granted that was along time ago...and the tech has changed...but hydro drives do make sense on 4 strokes....back then...it made sleds heavier and slower.....who knows?

This getting interesting ;)

Yamaha has already had a hydro drive sled..go look at a 1973 we....granted that was along time ago...and the tech has changed...but hydro drives do make sense on 4 strokes....back then...it made sleds heavier and slower.....who knows?

This getting interesting ;)

Back