• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hoping and praying that whatever it is the new sled is manufactured in Japan! if its built in Thief River Falls i am running for the hills and i will never buy one.

Sharing patents and tech with cat is great, but as long as its built in Japan. Cats QC is unacceptable, i bought a new 900 king cat years ago....bolts laying in the belly pan from factory, crooked motor from the factory, duct tape under seat holding wires in place. The Suzuki Motor rocked though....made in Japan!

talldude1 said:
Hoping and praying that whatever it is the new sled is manufactured in Japan! if its built in Thief River Falls i am running for the hills and i will never buy one.

Sharing patents and tech with cat is great, but as long as its built in Japan. Cats QC is unacceptable, i bought a new 900 king cat years ago....bolts laying in the belly pan from factory, crooked motor from the factory, duct tape under seat holding wires in place. The Suzuki Motor rocked though....made in Japan!

all my thoughts exactly.

I would think that Yamaha is just using whatever Cat's patent is for their rear skid and front A-arm styles....

I am also hoping it's still a 4 cylinder....from the hints I have been given from someone who has seen them, I think it is....

a.baa-Sports-snowmobile.jpg

I bet these guys still hold the rights to that name?

Attachments

• 1978_POLARIS_COBRA_AUG_04_6A.jpg
    1978_POLARIS_COBRA_AUG_04_6A.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 102
talldude1 said:

Even if it were to be built in TRF, no way in hell Yamaha wouldn't be in 100% control of QC. Yamaha will not build junk, never has and surely isn't about to start doing so now. The Rhino hasn't skipped a beat since being built in Atlanta. Keep in mind the pride the Japanese take in everything they do. It's a different culture and rest assured, if built in TRF, they will be built with the highest quality standard in the industry.

Other Details of Year of Snake
1. Ideal compatibility with: Ox and Rooster.
2. More or less compatible with: Rat, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Sheep.
3. Absolutely incompatible with: Tiger and Pig.
4. Lucky colors for the Snake: Yellow, Red
5. Lucky directions for the Snake: Southwest, Northeast
6. Lucky numbers for the Snake: 2, 4, 7, and 9.
7. Monday is the lucky day of the week for Snakes.

nteresting..... VIPER

talldude1 said:

That is not going to happen,.... Yamaha has their own factories in the U.S.

Just got back from my dealer and a customer of his who has always been into drag racing knows a magazine guy. The magazine guy had to sign a release so could not say much other than "It isn't my cup of tea but you go fast guys will like it".

I highly doubt it would be a new drive system. To hear nothing concrete about this new drive and to have not heard anything about field testing it is unlikely. Yamaha wouldn't make the consumer the guinea pig. The LOYAL Yamaha consumer is the wrong demographic to be testing new technology on.

When Ski-Doo came out with the 800R in 2006 it was in the Summit chassis. They figured the mountain crowd was more used to tinkering and working through small glitches (crank failure). Also it was a smaller demographic and issues would affect less people.

Everybody talks about direct injecting a 2 stroke engine, but I havn't seen anybody mentioning direct injecting one of their existing 4 stroke engines. The engine would make more power and the fuel economy would be greatly improved. A new DI V6 engine is making more power than the V8 was 15 years ago and getting better fuel economy.

I say they direct inject an existing 4 stroke in a NEW chassis of course. This would be the next natual progression in their pure 4 stroke line-up AND an industry first.

Back