• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Now the question is if doo releases their 160-180hp sled like the rumors are saying, can yamaha sway as many young and new riders to increase sales?

Will there be an uproar because the linear, great sounding, just go forever apex is gone?

Will people switch to a new brand or hoard today's models because they will have a half breed sled and not 100% yamaha? Even though yamaha's suspensions are a little dated now.

Will the manufacturing of yamaha parts by cat offset the sales cat will lose to yamaha because they now will have the highest hp sled on the market with a range of 470lbs only?

TRUE BLUE SINCE 1980 said:
talldude1 said:
Hoping and praying that whatever it is the new sled is manufactured in Japan! if its built in Thief River Falls i am running for the hills and i will never buy one.

Sharing patents and tech with cat is great, but as long as its built in Japan. Cats QC is unacceptable, i bought a new 900 king cat years ago....bolts laying in the belly pan from factory, crooked motor from the factory, duct tape under seat holding wires in place. The Suzuki Motor rocked though....made in Japan!
That is not going to happen,.... Yamaha has their own factories in the U.S.

to my knowledge all yamaha snowmobiles to date have been manufactured in japan. If i am wrong, please state years and models that were not.

I know the focus is on chassis right now but don't forget the motor. The apex motor, though epic, has always lagged behind the R1 bike motor it's based on. Some of the bike tech wouldn't translate well to a sled but some would. Now that the apex motor has EXUP I thinks it's only a matter of time before we get the Yamaha variable intake system which also includes computerized "fly by wire" throttle, etc... I can't remember right now but is the newer apex motor still a 5 valve or did it go to a 4 valve like the R1?

Will people switch to a new brand or hoard today's models because they will have a half breed sled and not 100% yamaha? Even though yamaha's suspensions are a little dated now.[/quote said:
Not sure if anyone is going to care that their cat has a yamaha powerplant as it is an improvement. Not sure if anyone is going to care their yamaha powered sled has cat suspenion as this is an improvement as well. Kind of like peanut butter and chocolate.

Just ask all those taurus Sho owners if they give a crap that yamaha built the motor in their car. They don't care, it's a yamaha motor and we will live with whatever it is in.

Attachments

• sho engine.jpg
    sho engine.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 71
Man everyone is just throwing stuff out on the table. It's like a Deadwood craps game....everyone taking a wild stab at it.

Well......my second cousin 4th removed from my great uncle on my grandfathers side knows a guy who lives across the street from the guy who delivers the paper to a reporter who has a friend who works for one of the big magazines said they bought the patents from the John Deer Spitfire and will use direct drive coupled to a 250HP 3 Cylinder 2 stroke free air cooled engine. Total weight on the sled 386lbs........ :sled1: :sled1: :sled1: :jump:

Agree

I agree we are mostly just sling'n here,but

If you look at what Chris Reid has blatenly let out in his blog we get..

SR in the name
121-144" track
New lighter chassis

Unclear what "genesis" means but it's definitely relevant
Very very possilby a 200 hp 500lb machine ( industry first)

But hey if you aren't try'n then it's no fun.

sounds kind of vanilla for a slogan. I would prefer, "This sled will beat everything in its class, on any terrain, or your money back."

maybe this post will break 90

Back