• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Daranello said:
2000SI-G said:
from a friend that is in minneapolis

that i beilive....tunner skies!!!and new BNG and in the corner of the room....I wanna see whats front and center

Well to be fair the Deltabox sleds are some of the best trail sleds on the market. I can't imagine handling on a trail getting much better then Tuner skis with EPS. It would be nice to see a few more new tricks on the 2014 Apex/Vector/Venture models, but I guess we will have to wait and see.

Srx120

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 71
yamajammer76 said:
jtssrx said:
People prepare for the worst because its not fake it's 100% real. I have two friends that have seen it in person. It's a procross chassis with a Yamaha motor and Yamaha clutches. It's going to be built in Theif River Falls.

The one thing you can't see in this pic is the tunnel. The tunnel is white. When you see it tomorrow remember me saying this.

This man is 100% correct and has been all along. The only thing that isn't happening is it won't be co-branded nor sold in Arctic Cat dealers. It's a badge job, but still a Yamaha.

Think of Mercury or GMC truck. That's exactly what you have here. I'm not happy, but keeping an open mind. Yamaha will still be building their own sleds, however new stuff isn't ready and I believe they felt this arrangement
was better then a whole line of BNG for 2014.

You know if they can fix Cat quality control.... And that's a big if... This might be a neat sled. As for me I'll stick with my reliable Nytro.

He is correct guys! I just recieved a pic msg of a side shot of the same sled sitting in what looks like a wharehouse with a white tunnel! I won't post it here to keep the mods happy but it does exist!

I personally don' t view this as a rebadge, but rather a re- engineer. I almost purchased the pro cross turbo but luckily held out and just Yamcharged my Apex. Now that Yamaha has there mitts on it, the panels look a little more refined the paint will stay on, the clutches will not overheat, the belts will likely survive, the engine will be just as /if not even more bullet proof, the fasteners will all be anodized, yes warranty will be available, a different chassis dynamic is made available to team blue, two manufacturers will continue to produce sleds keeping the other two inline and I will be reporting my first riding season on the Viper to you this time next year. My wife's BMW was built in North Carolina and it is a work of art, I am confident that Yamaha will have everything built to their spec as their dealers will be servicing the new sleds and honoring the warranty. Change is inevitable!

4strokesmokextx said:
yamajammer76 said:
jtssrx said:
People prepare for the worst because its not fake it's 100% real. I have two friends that have seen it in person. It's a procross chassis with a Yamaha motor and Yamaha clutches. It's going to be built in Theif River Falls.

The one thing you can't see in this pic is the tunnel. The tunnel is white. When you see it tomorrow remember me saying this.

This man is 100% correct and has been all along. The only thing that isn't happening is it won't be co-branded nor sold in Arctic Cat dealers. It's a badge job, but still a Yamaha.

Think of Mercury or GMC truck. That's exactly what you have here. I'm not happy, but keeping an open mind. Yamaha will still be building their own sleds, however new stuff isn't ready and I believe they felt this arrangement
was better then a whole line of BNG for 2014.

You know if they can fix Cat quality control.... And that's a big if... This might be a neat sled. As for me I'll stick with my reliable Nytro.

He is correct guys! I just recieved a pic msg of a side shot of the same sled sitting in what looks like a wharehouse with a white tunnel! I won't post it here to keep the mods happy but it does exist!
How does it look with the white and blue from the side. I always liked the sticker design cat would come up with, i just didant like cat lol

gas n go said:
I personally don' t view this as a rebadge, but rather a re- engineer. I almost purchased the pro cross turbo but luckily held out and just Yamcharged my Apex. Now that Yamaha has there mitts on it, the panels look a little more refined the paint will stay on, the clutches will not overheat, the belts will likely survive, the engine will be just as /if not even more bullet proof, the fasteners will all be anodized, yes warranty will be available, a different chassis dynamic is made available to team blue, two manufacturers will continue to produce sleds keeping the other two inline and I will be reporting my first riding season on the Viper to you this time next year. My wife's BMW was built in North Carolina and it is a work of art, I am confident that Yamaha will have everything built to their spec as their dealers will be servicing the new sleds and honoring the warranty. Change is inevitable!

Yes, but this is going to be coming off an assembly line ran by Arctic Cat NOT Yamaha. I would hope that Yamaha has engineers placed inside the factory to monitor assembly and the components used in it have all met Yamaha's specifications for design quality. That's the deal here. If the Cat is a lemon or has poor quality components it is sort of expected. If it says Yamaha on the hood there is a different level of expectation from the customer. It MUST be a high quality product if it is going to be sitting next to an Apex or Vector on the showroom floor.

Last... for the love of mankind... I sure the heck hope there is a quality Yamaha clutch and drive system in that sled, because by now everyone knows the AC clutch and drive systems are junk in the ProCross.

anyone think about the other aspect of having a TRF built sled? It allows them to "build to demand" instead of taking an educated guess on how many sleds will sell and building them in the summer and shipping them to America. If the demand is higher then expected they can crank more out, if it lower they can hold back production. I'm wondering if there is an agreement where Cat gets to sell a Yami tec DI 2 stroke exclusively and Yamaha has the 4 stroke exclusively?

This might be the SR Viper. But the photo is strange cause the top of the headlight goes underneath the windshield. Looks strange.

I for one wouldn't be to exited if I would be shopping for a new sled. If Chris Reid from Yamaha Blog will keep his Apex SE. This tells me whatever is new is not a top gun trail sled to replace the Apex.

"Hey LS, it all depends what your are looking for in a sled… I will most likely stay on an Apex next year regardless of whatever ‘new’ comes along… it is still a great sled IMHO and has everything I want in a trail sled.
Unlike some – I am not bored with my Apex SE in the least and riding Dan’s 08, 40th last week reminded me just how far the Apex has come in the past 5 years ;)
cheers cr"

Graphics are basic yamaha in fashion. I'm not a fan off a white tunnel but its great that there listening to our wants. Hard to tell if the rear exhaust is there or gone.

Let me install some input from someone who has owned both a Nytro and a ProCross. First off, the PC is the best handling machine I have EVER rode, my buddy has a EPS XTX Apex and it hands down is far superior, not that the Apex isn't nice, but not in the same league as the PC. There is no need for special skis and EPS with the PC, it turns super light, corners awesome, and is very comfortable. I really don't think you will see a boosted Yamaha this year, or an option to boost one (Yamacat). I think Arctic Cat will adapt their N/A motor to the Nytro based 3 cylinder. I know for a fact that AC has purchased enough 1100 Turbo motors to last through 2015, but all other motors are fair game.

As a past Yamaha owner, and present Cat owner, I think you guys will benefit from this tech swap co-engineered project, as will AC. Lets face it, Cat has some issues with their sourced parts, and QC, and Yamaha has some issues with chassis design and handling, This could be the perfect storm.

There has been more issues with the PC chassis then anyone expected, but ALOT of people are willing to deal with them for now BECAUSE this chassis is so good, if Yamaha can help Cat figure out the bugs, and they both work towards a common goal, there could be some of the best sleds ever produced coming out of this venture.

Back