• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Doesn´t sound like a company about to quit.... and they also sound to proud to be a rebadge...

main.jpg

loudelectronics said:
Its for real. Yamaha is out of the snowmobile market. Not even using Yamaha motors. Cat all the way now with Yamaha badging. I will be keeping my nytro now. At least is is Yamaha. I dont trust Cats reliability track record. If I wanted a cat, I would buy one. We dont even get a lighter sled. Cats are heavier than yamaha's are. Severely dissapointed.

There is NO WAY this is not using a Yamaha engine. They would not even sell 10 copies without a Yamaha engine in it.

kimoajaj said:
Well having seen the other picture (which also could be a fake) I must admit that it is looking bad.

I keep telling myself that dude it isn't that bad but then suddenly reality catches me and I about to freak out.

Well I guess I`d better head for the florist and buy some flowers, a condolance card and give to my dealer. Tomorrow will be a wierd day if the Yamacat is born.

Tomorrow will be like:
"For 40-50 years we have tried convinced everyone that Yamaha is the best snowmobile and Yamaha has also said so. But instead of hearing our competitors say "your not the best" , we have to hear it from our very own company. We are not the best and need help from Cat".

WTF
You read my mind............Now we are sharping the pitchforks............Just in case :o| .

kimoajaj said:
Well having seen the other picture (which also could be a fake) I must admit that it is looking bad.

I keep telling myself that dude it isn't that bad but then suddenly reality catches me and I about to freak out.

Well I guess I`d better head for the florist and buy some flowers, a condolance card and give to my dealer. Tomorrow will be a wierd day if the Yamacat is born.

Tomorrow will be like:
"For 40-50 years we have tried convinced everyone that Yamaha is the best snowmobile and Yamaha has also said so. But instead of hearing our competitors say "your not the best" , we have to hear it from our very own company. We are not the best and need help from Cat".

WTF
As long as it has a Yamaha motor I am totally OK with it actually. This could be a paradigm shift in the snowmobile market where manufacturers share platform just like in the automobile IK industry.

from the front it looks pretty sweet, from the side its ugly IMO. Altho, to be honest (puts on flame suit) I kinda think that about all the current yamahas as well.

loudelectronics said:
Its for real. Yamaha is out of the snowmobile market. Not even using Yamaha motors. Cat all the way now with Yamaha badging. I will be keeping my nytro now. At least is is Yamaha. I dont trust Cats reliability track record. If I wanted a cat, I would buy one. We dont even get a lighter sled. Cats are heavier than yamaha's are. Severely dissapointed.
Yamaha is not out of the snowmobile market. That sled is produced by Cat and it does have a Nytro motor with front exhaust and Yamaha clutching. It is a short term sled until Yamaha actually brings out the true Nytro replacement most likely for the 2015 model year.

If its a rebadged cat, without even a yamaha engine.. I'll keep my nytros for all eternity. I cant imagine how much they would be worth.

Fingers crossed for a real Yamaha game changer!

What if Cat is out and not Yamaha? Maybe they bought the snomo side and all the sleds that exist but don't, are really new yamahas with a better chassis and handling and still have the Yamaha power plants and drivetrain. If its built to Yamaha specs it can't be bad right?

Otherwise Yamaha is quitters. And I don't see that happening.

Dimebag said:
If its a rebadged cat, without even a yamaha engine.. I'll keep my nytros for all eternity. I cant imagine how much they would be worth.

Fingers crossed for a real Yamaha game changer!

I don't know where that guy came up with the idea that it doesn't even have a Yamaha engine when the side picture that got posted said "Genesis 4-Stroke" on the side of it.

This has a Yamaha engine and likely a Yamaha clutching system. They would never build it otherwise. It would be 100% pointless and would not sell at all.

get a grip!!!

you have seriously lost your damn minds, if you think for one second this new sled is not going to be yamaha powered maybe your in the wrong hobby, stick with golf or something, if there is any deal between yama and cat, its cat having yama build it motors because suzuki deal went bad, yama will eventually take over cat because cats are a POS and wont survive much longer, they could not cut it in watercraft market years ago because those machines were a joke, whatever good tech cat has, yamaha will take it happlily and toss rest to the curb and go after a bigger market share, cat is grasping to stay afloat, yamaha will benefit, get a grip people!!!!

Sg3540 said:
What if Cat is out and not Yamaha? Maybe they bought the snomo side and all the sleds that exist but don't, are really new yamahas with a better chassis and handling and still have the Yamaha power plants and drivetrain. If its built to Yamaha specs it can't be bad right?

Otherwise Yamaha is quitters. And I don't see that happening.

That's strange if so, Cat's new guy did an episode of Snowtrax 2013. You can find on Youtube talking about all the new stuff coming and how he's going to mix things up and bring back the "big name". You never know until tomorrow but I just feel he wasted his breath if thats the case.

Back