• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

yamajammer76 said:
stopdropanroll said:
yamajammer76 said:
09nytro24 said:
Question is - Is Cat going to put their turbo system on the Nytro motor?? That would be dumb on Yammi's part to allow, but one can hope....

I doubt it. I predict a new 2 stroke and the NA Yamaha 4 stroke from Cat. I bet the 1100 and 1100 Turbo will be discontinued. That 1100 Turbo is eating them alive on warranty claims.

Oh, please show me some facts on this!!! The 1100 motor is strong, and I personally have never heard of an engine failure in stock form, maybe with the boost turned up. Now the chassis is another story, I will be sad to see the 1100 go, but hope Yamacat can come up with an even better replacement.

The 1100 NA feels gutless next to the 1049 NA. The 1100 Turbo doesn't have problems with the engine... It has problems with the clutching and drive system. Do some searching. It is a belt eater and people don't know how to fix them. Some have even filed Lemon Law on it.

Here, I own one, I think I can speak on behalf of a sled that I have a fair amount of experience both trail and race.

Attachments

• 20193921SrgNDk2g.jpg
    20193921SrgNDk2g.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 150
yukon yamaha said:
The rtx should always have higher gearing

I'm curious why you think that should be? The only RTX model that had higher gearing is the 2006 Apex RTX with a 24 top gear. That was a bad idea on their part and switched to a 22 gear for 2007. Did you mean lower gearing for low end power, acceleration and jumping?

09nytro24 said:
stopdropanroll said:
yamajammer76 said:
09nytro24 said:
Question is - Is Cat going to put their turbo system on the Nytro motor?? That would be dumb on Yammi's part to allow, but one can hope....

I doubt it. I predict a new 2 stroke and the NA Yamaha 4 stroke from Cat. I bet the 1100 and 1100 Turbo will be discontinued. That 1100 Turbo is eating them alive on warranty claims.

Oh, please show me some facts on this!!! The 1100 motor is strong, and I personally have never heard of an engine failure in stock form, maybe with the boost turned up. Now the chassis is another story, I will be sad to see the 1100 go, but hope Yamacat can come up with an even better replacement.

If you dont know what he's talking about then you don't have a clue. Read up before you have a dumb comment.

LOL. I know a bit about that Procross.

Grimm said:
What really ticks me off is the pricing...Yamaha wants to build sleds in North America to keep them competitive in the market, yet in Canada the price for a base American made Viper is $14000, while a base Japanese made Nytro is $11500. WTF? :dunno:
Well Said !!

I am thrilled that Yamaha is thinking outside the box. I just hope it works out for them. My dealer is out there and he told me that the new suspension is very similar to the current Cat suspension, but Yamaha has made some changes and then put their stamp of approval on it. Time will tell. I think this is a huge step in the right direction in getting a better suspension and am thrilled that we now have something to talk about instead of the past 4 years talking about BNG!

Thats it #$%&* !! I am keeping my Nytro! Gonna be lots of skinz on it now!
I am sooo disapointed ,this #*$&@ i have been waiting for in mounts!! :moon:
Cant believe Yamaha did this #*$&@ with a nytro engine in a Cat chassi. :o|
:o| :o| :o| :o|

I HAVE SEEN THE YAMACAT and I'll reserve my thoughts until I Ride one. My big problem with Yamaha is the 2014 Nytro models they could have changed to the race frontend and a bigger tank. I just don't understand why they refuse to put the race frontend in that chassis. It probably has something to do with patents. This new viper needs more power and where is the industry first, what bs.

Common mods on Nytro : bigger gas tank. Relocator. Forward A-arms. Copper donuts. Arctic rear suspension. Radiator delete. Arctic brake lever. None of this should be needed on viper. ;)!
If the belts hold up and the chassi stays together it should be pretty good.

The exhaust is pretty darn cool. Hope its not a ice maker.

I am so disappointed. I was told cat suspension nytro motor and boost ever since September. Last week I was told don't boost another sled till you see what is coming, you don't be disappointed. Also twice been told the new sled will replace the apex in HP. If I wanted this I would of bought a 1200 4-tec x package. Well I'm definitely keeping my nytro now. Boosted, new suspension etc. I kind of hope door comes out with the rumored 160hp 1200. It may put a spark up. Someone's..... to compete against the turbo cat and modernize the apex. I can not believe yamaha couldn't come up with a light weight suspension if they didn't switch motors. As a side note if cat is using our clutching etc on their 800 son pro they have something there imo

Anyone know what Yamaha did to any of the other models with the so called improvments and updates? Other than the phazer xtx which they could have had 3 years ago?

I posted this on the specs page on the sr viper forum but here they are for 2013 model weights

2013 Yamaha weights
Nytro: 512lbs dry, 572 est. wet weight
Nytro Rtx: 508lbs dry, 568 est. wet weight
Nytro xtx 1.75: 532lbs dry, 602lbs est. wet weight

AC non-turbo weights
PC F1100 sno pro: 518lbs dry weight, 598lbs est. wet weight
PC F1100 lxr: 522lbs dry, 602lbs wet
XF1100 snopro & lxr: 522lbs dry, 600 wet

Back