• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I just hope yamaha did more than just fitting the nytro motor into the frame or else it will be heavier. also the nytro is a triple over cats twin which might add a little weight. If anyone has specs on motor weights that would be nice. Also the above specs are for non-turbo AC's

Maybe that front mounted exhaust will help to cover up some of that horrible Nytro clutch rattle..lol

I would def. have to look at one in person really really close. I understand what Yamaha is going for here. My only problem is the fact that Yamaha has been building snowmobiles for almost 50 years and selling their sleds to their customers with the idea that their sleds are the best. Now, after nothing completely new since 08' it's like they are saying "well, arctic cat is doing it better". I would find it hard to believe that Yamaha isn't working on something big. I doubt they have been sitting on their hands since 08 with nothing completely new on the table. Time will tell with this viper, I want to love it but I don't like Cats track record.

How can that sled be lighter then the Nytro or the M1100. The M1100 is heavier then the Nytro and now they have put a heavier motor in the Procross chassis. Compared to the Nytro it also has 12liters more of gas.

How is this possible?

kimoajaj said:
How can that sled be lighter then the Nytro or the M1100. The M1100 is heavier then the Nytro and now they have put a heavier motor in the Procross chassis. Compared to the Nytro it also has 12liters more of gas.

How is this possible?

its magic! :dunno:

Where is the bleeping VENOM? SR Viper is in the product line up obviously. However, I see a listing for SX Venom under accessories... Is this a two stroke in a Procross that Yamaha is holding back? Or am I just missing something completely??? (I would be a happy person if this were a boosted version that they are holding until Cat's release date, but I doubt it based on what the names are)

I heard from a guy a few minutes ago that just got off one. He said it hauls the mail. That's all I need to hear...

The other disappointing thing is I hear that the new sled is about 125-130HP because of the exhaust being a bit restricted. Unlike the nytro that could be 135-142HP depending on your sled. I'm sure that they will come out with aftermarket stuff, but it wouldn't of been needed if they would of added boost IMO

sheetwright said:
The other disappointing thing is I hear that the new sled is about 125-130HP because of the exhaust being a bit restricted.

Interesting. Where are you hearing that?

Back