• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Arctic Cats quality slipped badly on the procrosses. I really hope Yamaha will bring up the quality on these. I feel burned, I dumped 15k onto a brand new sled only to be left with a company that was constantly chasing problems and coming up with band aid fixes. I always thought of Yamaha of having the best quality and best fit n finish in the business. This sucks. At least they got rid of the TCL but they stuck you guys with the crappy reverse. Take a peek on HCS turbo forum you can read pages and pages about this chassis. Your problems with the handwarmers being cold, and wearing out hyfax in 2500 miles on the nytros simply do not compare. I wish I had the problems that the nytro has instead of the problems with my polished turd I have that trf sent me.

09nytro said:
cacsrx1 said:
MadMax said:
fxnytroxtx said:
Wow whats up with all the hate, its the best of both. I rode rr 800 cat and that thing is unbelivably amazing, you haters out there should at least ride it and then talk :sled1:
X2..................... I can't believe some guys are hating even before riding.... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm of course that's the way the whole country is today. About everything.......... MM :o|

People have rode it..........its called the Procross 1100 NA. Haven't you seen it on the cover of all the magazines and all over the net?????? Why, because its a turd and if you think adding 10 hp is going to make it the best sled ever than good for you.
Dam dude......I think it going to be a great sled.....and I'm going to get one....no sled is perfect but I do think the viper Rtx se will be closer than the nytro is

I think it will be great......as a rental sled. 30 to 40 hp shy of whats already been around for a couple years and people are jumping up and down. :o|

msrx700 said:
what you think about use of crappy arctic cat chain case on viper?
Its junk... we towed my buddies M1100T out of the mountains last year. No forward of reverse.....took it to the dealership they unplugged it and wrapped black tape over the button. They said no fix for it this year, but we should have the revised parts in July.

MT RX1 Mountain Man said:
LLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMEEEEEEEE! That is the lamest thing I have seen from Yamaha yet......with any luck global warming will increase so I can just ride the dirt bike year around!
Thought about buying a new wr450 street registering it and buying a timbersled kit. All for less than 11000 ride all year long and u don't need snow to cool it. :Rockon:

Not sure if this has been posted yet (if it has i'm sorry) but on the 'Snowmobilers Source' FB page they have a post that reads...

Yamaha said "we are committed to being a leader in the snowmobile market". "We will launch a new model every year for the next 5 years"!

Hmm...I wonder what the next 5 models will/could be?

Off Trail Mike said:
Dimebag said:
Are we expecting a new Yamaha mountain chassis next year?
Or is it gonna be the same Cat, only with a longer track? Is this really it?

Or a replacement for the apex?

Seems to me you could retro the new buggy to a long track with pretty much a rail/track/tunnel extention any time, as the parts already exist.

On the new sled next year, Chris Reid, the head of marketing for Yami Canada, had the most interesting comments around the Viper, where it fits, and Yamaha sleds in general. Doesn't sound to me like they are exiting the business and some new sleds will continue to come from Japan. This sled is a stop-gap to keep dealers in the business of selling iron while they retool.

Next year? Who knows, and I hope you are right on the mountian sled, but clearly another one will probably show up.

Hey Dime...with the new muffler on the Viper being inside the cab, you gotta believe they left room for a turbo...bet ya MCX has a kit by next septermber.

OTM

I sincerely hope so. And Im not sure i like the front exit exhaust. (But i could see the turbo fit in there)
I'll live with the ice buildup until they come with a new engineered chassis for mountain riders.

De250r said:
MT RX1 Mountain Man said:
LLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMEEEEEEEE! That is the lamest thing I have seen from Yamaha yet......with any luck global warming will increase so I can just ride the dirt bike year around!
Thought about buying a new wr450 street registering it and buying a timbersled kit. All for less than 11000 ride all year long and u don't need snow to cool it. :Rockon:

This has crossed my mind as well :)

MCApex44 said:
Not sure if this has been posted yet (if it has i'm sorry) but on the 'Snowmobilers Source' FB page they have a post that reads...

Yamaha said "we are committed to being a leader in the snowmobile market". "We will launch a new model every year for the next 5 years"!

Hmm...I wonder what the next 5 models will/could be?

I think next year will be a new purpose built mountain sled and I honestly believe it will be an in-house build. The 4-stroke Yamaha has never done well in the mountain market because they have never made a purpose built sled... All they have done is tacked a longer track on a trail sled.

That is a growing market and Yamaha is interested, but it just isn't quite ready. I think there is a lot to overcome if you want to make a 4 stroke perform like a 2 stroke in the mountains. I do believe it can be done.

No 4-stroke mountain sled will ever be as agile, flickable, light weight, or just plain as easy to ride in technical terrain as a 2-stroke. It simply can't be done with a 4-stroke and still be reliable motor wise. The technology for a light weight 4-stroke makes it a high strung, short lived motor that costs way more to repair than a 2-stroke when it lets go. Spend some time on any MX bike forum and read the horror stories of $3000 engine rebuilds.

But, for trail use, a 4-stroke is a lot more competitive and the Viper will prove to be a very good sled. This is the first Yamaha since '08 that I'm interested in enough to buy.

AKrider said:
No 4-stroke mountain sled will ever be as agile, flickable, light weight, or just plain as easy to ride in technical terrain as a 2-stroke. It simply can't be done with a 4-stroke and still be reliable motor wise. The technology for a light weight 4-stroke makes it a high strung, short lived motor that costs way more to repair than a 2-stroke when it lets go. Spend some time on any MX bike forum and read the horror stories of $3000 engine rebuilds.

But, for trail use, a 4-stroke is a lot more competitive and the Viper will prove to be a very good sled. This is the first Yamaha since '08 that I'm interested in enough to buy.

Took the words right out of my mouth!! I love the direction they're going, so long as the Cat doesn't bite the Viper in the #*$&@.. or tail.. or whatever.

Schlorven's posted site there has the weight. it is claiming 219kg or 483lbs 190hp. Thats pretty good weight loss, 25lbs actually. Heres a quick comparison.

Doo MXZx 1200 Vs Viper SE: 499 - 483 = 16lbs
Doo MXZx 600 Vs Viper SE: 462 - 483 = -19lbs
Doo MXZx 800r Vs Viper SE: 472 - 483 = -11lbs
Doo MXZx-rs Vs Viper SE: 458 - 483 = -25lbs
AC F-1100 snopro Vs Viper SE: 518 - 483 = 35lbs
AC F-800 snopro Vs Viper SE: 454 - 483 = -29lbs
AC F-1100T snopro Vs Viper SE: 549 - 483 = 66lbs
Poo 600 rush pro-r Vs Viper SE: 464 - 483 = -19lbs
Poo 800 rush pro-r Vs Viper SE: 464 - 483 = -19lbs
Nytro RTX Vs Viper SE : 508 - 483 = 25lbs

all these numbers come from published dry weights. If this is true it shows 4 strokes can be fairly competitive with weight.

Schlorven said:
http://www.finn.no/finn/mc/snowmobile/object?finnkode=39958191&UX_EL_c=ad_selection_mc_snowmobile_browse1&counterId=LOG_PROFILED_ADS_FRONT_CLICK
check this out

190HP Turbo! 482lbs am i dreaming?

Back