• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Does anyone know how Arctic Cat faithful feel about the Viper? Would they buy one? I am sure they would be happier than you guys??

I know 2 AC riders that will be putting money down on the Viper. Both WERE looking to get left over 1100na Procross sleds this summer but they use to be Yamaha guys.

Cat is going to have the exact same sled in their lineup but in green from what my local Cat/Yamaha dealer tells me.

My hunch is that this partnership is a trial run to see how well the companies work together. I bet the number crunchers at Yamaha are already figuring if they can make more $ just selling engines to AC and not have to spend any money on sled R&D.

If this partnership works out, I 100% can see Yamaha exiting the sled production biz and just focusing on supplying engines to AC.

The question is, will we pay more just to get the sled in blue? Time will tell.

The SRX 120 is more expensive in blue then in green.

Phatboyc said:

I can buy a new Procross LXR for $7999 if that tells you anything...........another 4 grand if you want the 10 extra hp the Viper has.

cacsrx1 said:
Phatboyc said:

I can buy a new Procross LXR for $7999 if that tells you anything...........another 4 grand if you want the 10 extra hp the Viper has.

Ya, you can probibly BUY one for that as dealers are trying to unload before the snow melts but the actual MSRP is 10,799 on that sled. Just like the MSRP was 7,799 on my MTX when I purchased it for 5400$ in 09'

-Yamaha was White and Red for years.....and Polaris was Blue....
-Under powered for a TRAIL sled...... What the H...
-Return of the Viper..... Well the Vmax has been used in 82/83 V540, 92V4, 94 5/600's, 97 SX,........Not to mention their Road bike in 85.

-90% of complaints are from those who wanted/needed a quicker, Lighter weight, trail sled capable of taking the bigger bumps with decent handling and Yamaha delivered just that and with the help of U.S. workers. ;)! ;)!

Vmax540 said:
-Yamaha was White and Red for years.....and Polaris was Blue....
-Under powered for a TRAIL sled...... What the H...
-Return of the Viper..... Well the Vmax has been used in 82/83 V540, 92V4, 94 5/600's, 97 SX,........Not to mention their Road bike in 85.

-90% of complaints are from those who wanted/needed a quicker, Lighter weight, trail sled capable of taking the bigger bumps with decent handling and Yamaha delivered just that and with the help of U.S. workers. ;)! ;)!

Ya, I don't get this, The RED viper should have had the white bottom and the Blue Viper with Black. I still love the old RED/WHITE combo, that's what my phazer II wears!
Under powered, 135+hp is PLENTY in the land of 50mph speed limits EVERYWERE........

Ill give up top end power all day for low end TQ I love the power of the nytro but hate the chassis cant wait to get a yamacat

Tossed this together QUICK in paint, THIS would have been an awesome "retro" color combo! (whoops, missed the ski tips)
8495563464_af2f5330bf_z.jpg

blueironranger said:
cacsrx1 said:
Phatboyc said:

Ya, you can probibly BUY one for that as dealers are trying to unload before the snow melts but the actual MSRP is 10,799 on that sled. Just like the MSRP was 7,799 on my MTX when I purchased it for 5400$ in 09'

The thing is NOBODY paid msrp for an NA procross.........but people are going to pay near msrp for the re-baged yamaha version.

At this point we can't be sure the Cat version will be the same as the Yamaha version. Remember, this sed was built to Yamaha's specs and there are differences between it and a regular procross.

cacsrx1 said:
Phatboyc said:

You might spend the difference in belts tho.

Gotta wait until end of next season before I lay down cash for one of these but I am super interested in the XTX SE.

AKrider said:
At this point we can't be sure the Cat version will be the same as the Yamaha version. Remember, this sed was built to Yamaha's specs and there are differences between it and a regular procross.
Very true..

Attachments

• yamacat%20(1).jpg
    yamacat%20(1).jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 224

Back