• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 Phazer RTX 60mph top speed

Just an update guys (thanks for the help thus far), we ran out of snow last year. Nothing changed (64 - 66 MPH) top speed). Gonna send my belts, primary clutch, secondary clutch, and a few other parts to Chris (Schmidt Brothers) to have him check it out. I picked up a 19T top gear. Just to see, hoping to get this thing sorted out this year

Sled has 454 miles on it currently. Only runs ethanol free premium pump gas. It's a 2016 rtx with stock gearing (18/41, stock 9 tooth drivers) for anyone following along. Will keep updating as we sort threw it.

I saw the comment above about the chain case, track ten. etc. Everything is within spec. The 136 conversion was done 180 miles ago. With your guys help, I'm sure we'll sort it all out!

Good morning everyone. With the riding season right around the corner, I just wanted to update what has been going on with this sled for those who helped along the way. I'm dealing with rebuilding the front end after letting a friend of my brothers ride it (he sent it into some train tracks and broke the ski's / twisted the front a arms)

Returning the clutching back to stock RTX spec's. Trying to sort out the speed issue still. This thing has been an uphill battle since day one.

Had the shocks off to be revalved again (Chris's revalve was way to stiff, and the rear of the sled would never rebound back to it's normal ride height. Hoping the new valve settings work out better. Another $650.

As for the clutching / speed issue, when we get some snow here in central PA, I'll report with some numbers. Just to bring everything up to date

2016 Phazer RTX
136 stretch (1.5" lug freeride track)
stock 18/41 gearing with 9 tooth drivers
returning all clutching components to stock
belt is factory issue 8GK

will post pic's / numbers when it snows and I get to ride it. Currently the sled has 650 miles total on it.

I had a 2009' RTX that I stretched to 144" with stock gearing and Ulmer clutching. In heavy wet or deep snow on the trail I would be able to hit the low 60's mph. On a hard packed trail or lake it would pull to 85 mph. G.B.

Back