• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
The viper was the vector engine that you are referring to......
I’m fully aware where it can from.
Yamaha took the TOTAL vector package, ecu, wiring, fuel mapping strategy and HACKED it up to SHOE HORN it into a viper and now look after 5 yrs they let a 95hp NA 4stroke cruise right by.
My opinion’s are based on actual seat time.
8k on my old 15 viper
500miles 16 vector xtx
800 miles 19 900ace NA
If I had the full vector package in my old viper, I would still on it.
IMO the 900ace NA is chocking Yamaha out of the NA trail market.

Did you check behind here
View attachment 146968
Yes took a ride on a Catamaran and none there. Found two 150 Yamahas on the Catamaran was all I could see. Guys I was thinking about snowmobiling every time I ordered a blue Hawaiian frozen drink. The people with me just shake there head when I order my YAMAHA drink. It was quite cold back home -10 to -30 windshield and a free company vacation it was a know brainer for me.

Last edited:
Were down to 1 day. Not really sure what to expect.

I hope so too. Its time! We get to be excited for another day about what may come. For whatever reason they didn't have a "Big" release for the 50th...I liked the 50th anniversary video but it was missing a lot of very important sleds.

Maybe their Big release is coming in 2020. Perhaps whatever it is wasn't ready last year. I've been reading and watching this forum for many years and then finally joined. Thought I would share some Yamaha Love. Here's something cool to think about.

Things were a bit different back in the day before all of this social media stuff and before the internet. It was all talk at the Club or Bar or dealership...or at the race track. That's where you saw or heard about the new stuff. Who remembers all the talk about the 76' SRX and 77' Enticer, 78' Exciter...the super cool 80 SRX? How about the talk about the 80' SS440, 80.5' SRV and 81' SRX? Those three New sleds came out in less then 6 months of each other and then the Bravo. Way cool! How about all the hype of the 82' SRX. I had to have one, but you all know that story. So I bought an 82 SRV and still have her today. (see photos on a vintage ride with my son talking up his new Scoot).

Who remembers the hype with the Phazer? It almost came out in 83' but it wasn't ready for prime time. The VMax 540's (had several of them). The late 80's sleds...Inviter, Scoot and Sport... Then the Phazer II and the amazing VMax 4. The 92' VMax 4 knocked it out of the park. We know that story and how it kicked A$$ and took names at every racetrack...that is until is got banned. Then Yamaha released 10 new sleds in 93', the 97', 98' triples, the wicked SRX and then the World was forever changed with the RX1...and here we are at Totally 4 Stroke.

I've had a lot of different brands of things over the years, but mostly Yamaha and not just snowmobiles. Yamaha's Fit & Finish, reliability, dependability, value have become...well Legendary. We know what Yamaha can do, and to be quite honest, so do the other manufactures. The other guys are hoping Yamaha doesn't hit this full bore. Just look at their motor division...motorcycles, ATV's and watercraft. Had several of them as well...way cool. Yamaha is one of the largest corporations on earth. To bad snowmobiling is just a little corner project for them. Maybe that is changing.

We will just have to see...24 more hours to go! Until then, I thought I would share a few historical shots, including my Avatar, our 74' 292...the one that started my Yamaha journey.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• 82 SRV.jpg
    82 SRV.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 143
  • Vintage ride 2019.jpg
    Vintage ride 2019.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 133
  • 20 Years of Yamaha Muscle, 1987 Vmax to 2007 Attak.jpg
    20 Years of Yamaha Muscle, 1987 Vmax to 2007 Attak.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 148
  • 95 VMax 600ST.jpg
    95 VMax 600ST.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 147
  • SRV & 225DX moto.jpg
    SRV & 225DX moto.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 136
I hope so too. Its time! We get to be excited for another day about what may come. For whatever reason they didn't have a "Big" release for the 50th...I liked the 50th anniversary video but it was missing a lot of very important sleds.

Maybe their Big release is coming in 2020. Perhaps whatever it is wasn't ready last year. I've been reading and watching this forum for many years and then finally joined. Thought I would share some Yamaha Love. Here's something cool to think about.

Things were a bit different back in the day before all of this social media stuff and before the internet. It was all talk at the Club or Bar or dealership...or at the race track. That's where you saw or heard about the new stuff. Who remembers all the talk about the 76' SRX and 77' Enticer, 78' Exciter...the super cool 80 SRX? How about the talk about the 80' SS440, 80.5' SRV and 81' SRX? Those three New sleds came out in less then 6 months of each other and then the Bravo. Way cool! How about all the hype of the 82' SRX. I had to have one, but you all know that story. So I bought an 82 SRV and still have her today. (see photos on a vintage ride with my son talking up his new Scoot).

Who remembers the hype with the Phazer? It almost came out in 83' but it wasn't ready for prime time. The VMax 540's (had several of them). The late 80's sleds...Inviter, Scoot and Sport... Then the Phazer II and the amazing VMax 4. The 92' VMax 4 knocked it out of the park. We know that story and how it kicked A$$ and took names at every racetrack...that is until is got banned. Then Yamaha released 10 new sleds in 93', the 97', 98' triples, the wicked SRX and then the World was forever changed with the RX1...and here we are at Totally 4 Stroke.

I've had a lot of different brands of things over the years, but mostly Yamaha and not just snowmobiles. Yamaha's Fit & Finish, reliability, dependability, value have become...well Legendary. We know what Yamaha can do, and to be quite honest, so do the other manufactures. The other guys are hoping Yamaha doesn't hit this full bore. Just look at their motor division...motorcycles, ATV's and watercraft. Had several of them as well...way cool. Yamaha is one of the largest corporations on earth. To bad snowmobiling is just a little corner project for them. Maybe that is changing.

We will just have to see...24 more hours to go! Until then, I thought I would share a few historical shots, including my Avatar, our 74' 292...the one that started my Yamaha journey.

Enjoy!
Thanks for the memories! All started with a '74 SL433 for me. Then came the '79 SRX, '80 Enticer, '88 Exciter........ 13 Yamahas later I still get excited about the new release! Wish Yamaha could again generate the same excitement that they did in the late '70s and '80s. Also, wish I could have afforded to keep all my old sleds.

My first sled was a Yamaha powered 292 Sno Jet. Bought it for $100 with my paper route money

My buddy has an 89 exciter, boy do I feel like a kid again riding that thing!

My first Yamaha was a 99 500 Sx I bought new had came from a MXz 583 but something about the Yamahas that year made me finally buy one put 6877 trouble free miles on it loved it so much been looking at a couple SX 500-SXR 500 for my 2 older daughters. I miss the those Yamahas from the mid 90s to 2002

What is the chance we crash the Yamaha website at 12:01 tomorrow? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back