• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

03RX1-ER-LE

Bleed BLUE
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 Apex XTX 12,497 miles
2009 Apex ER 8,169 miles

2016 Sport Haven 12 foot Hybrid trailer

Tow Vehicle
2022 F-150 Super Crew 4x4 2.7L EcoBoost

2021 Wolverine X4
Someone had to do it....Go!
:dunno::-o:tg:

Probably for the best. Natives are getting restless.

No question in my mind. This limited release for 2019 with no participation in the sneak peak tour coupled with the final year of the AC agreement...1 of 2 things happen in 2020: Yamaha buys the arctic cat snowmobile division from Textron or they become a pure engine supplier to AC and possibly Polaris. All new sleds out of Japan would be epic but unlikely.

If they are done, which I don't think they are for motors, sleds well....
Just think how valuable my RX/Apex motors will be for engine replacements in the future.
What do you think Travis, interested in my 2 RX's?
The motor is worth more then the entire sled.......At least mile high miler LE model.
Maybe the Smithsonian will want it for display?
4 cylinder, 5 valve 998cc 140 H.P. NA carb motor with 13,560 miles, I would even clean the carbs for them.

2020 is the big year. I heard it from a guy who works at Yamaha. :(

I was excited when I read that then I saw the frowning face. Does that mean he said 2020 is the year they pull the plug on sleds for good?

A friend of a friend of a friends uncles sisters brother told me to be ready for the 850cc cross plane Holley double pumper single cylinder 2-stroke for 2020!!!! :drink:

I am retiring in 2025, was hoping to buy me a 4 cylinder Yamaha sled to ride off into retirement. :o|
My Son no longer has interest in sledding, (that may change who knows). :dunno:
My wife is down to a ride once a year anymore, just rent one for her so not storing maintain one for her. :(
I have been lending out my sleds for friends to ride, no longer going to do that since no help during servicing, so.....:mad:
Will keep my Apex for know and join a club to chase snow (and have someone/group to ride with) and see what the future brings......;)!
Hybrid/electric sleds from Yamaha in 2020?:oops:
After all they are saying something big is coming...hmmm:sled1:

Just look at all of the knowledgeable rumors from over the years VS what really has happened. All the talk about new body work for the Viper, the trick front shocks that were used on the limited build Apex with more applications coming.... Not much has really happened in the last several years to make me think that Yamaha is here to stay in the sled Biz. They could have bought Cat before, for cheap. Now that Textron is propping them up the purchase price will certainly go up. I'll be optimistic for a minute. Maybe something is coming for 2020. But otherwise I say that we are done.
2datrl.

Well, seems like the early 80's to me, couple years of bad snow, tons of left over models. Only difference now is the mountain segment which seems to be stagnant in the sense of not a lot new riders just the same buying new every couple years. I know more that have left the sport than have come in. This is not Yamaha's first rodeo for the others in its own way yes it is. I think in 80/81 they had what four models and three engine choices. Remember Textron owned Polaris dumped it and the employees bought it! Arctic cat had missed the 82 model line up, came back even stronger. Textron will not last long term as a sled manufacturer, bad sales they will dump it, why do you think they kept arctic cat name? I think it's time for a correction and Yamaha seems to have gotten it right. I think 2020 will be a Yamaha line will have some really cool stuff, but with limited availability.

Last edited:
No question in my mind. This limited release for 2019 with no participation in the sneak peak tour coupled with the final year of the AC agreement...1 of 2 things happen in 2020: Yamaha buys the arctic cat snowmobile division from Textron or they become a pure engine supplier to AC and possibly Polaris. All new sleds out of Japan would be epic but unlikely.

Maybe... just maybe starting with one new model and building from there they will produce a snowmobile in their North American plant in Georgia. They continue to say they are committed to snowmobile manufacturing long term so where in earth do they go from here?

http://www.marketwired.com/press-re...omotes-mike-chrzanowski-president-2240187.htm

Will snowmobiles ever come down these assembly lines?

With Yamaha Japan ceasing production and Textron-Cat seeming to want to go alone that might be the last option for a Yamaha sled. If done right there would be a lot of demand, but they need a solid product that people want. Once again if the product it limited to 4 Stroke only it really limits them in the market. Only time will tell what happens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back