• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you zoom in on the 2020 pic it looks like there's a big "X" on the side. If its a Yamaha badged riot X I'll be snowchecking

I sit and wonder why we are so loyal. I would really like to believe Yamaha is listening....after all it is our money they are after. Its getting hard to raise the next generation to proud to wear the tunning fork.

I had a local dealer claim that with the 998, 3-cyl if they put a better Cam and some porting and a raise in compression this motor can go to 140/150HP , Maybe make a Wet sump motor to save some weight by eliminating the oil tank like in the dirt bikes and shoe horn this into a new chassis and I'm in .
They could easy take out 150 hp ,Better header, cams,porting ,higher compression and beef up the egnition table. They have realy safed the Sidewinder motor with low egnition,cams and low compression.

I sit and wonder why we are so loyal. I would really like to believe Yamaha is listening....after all it is our money they are after. Its getting hard to raise the next generation to proud to wear the tunning fork.
They are NOT listening,they have never done that. And
With all the great engines Yamaha has made, 998T, Apex 998, Nitro 1049, phazer 500, and 1049 Vector with variable performance selector, I can't believe they couldn't or wouldn't come up with their own updated lighter weight suspended chassis to fits these engines. They have everything from 85 hp to 200 hp filled with reliable 4 strokes. Imagine having that stable of proven bulletproof engines to build a chassis around. A chassis or two and an 850 class two stroke engine and they would have had all bases covered. They were so close and then they stopped. The AC chassis saved them but that is not a long term answer, Maybe they build their own better version of the AC chassis for the engines they already have.
Yep,that is a mystery. Strange that they dont see this and do something about it. If they go out of snowmobile buisnes now i dont think people most is going to miss them. Just the tru blue people and its not many of them left.

This has me excited again. Theres a reasons why they are hiding it. Its something big. If it was a King Cat with a monorail they would have released that with there other mountain sleds because its really nothing special just like the Hardcore with the monorail. On the other hand Yamaha is keeping it low key to hopefully surprise the hell out of us. I guess we will find out in a few days.

This has me excited again. Theres a reasons why they are hiding it. Its something big. If it was a King Cat with a monorail they would have released that with there other mountain sleds because its really nothing special just like the Hardcore with the monorail. On the other hand Yamaha is keeping it low key to hopefully surprise the hell out of us. I guess we will find out in a few days.

It is good to be hopeful but I base my expectations on previous actions and results. If I have a neighbor that hasn’t maintained their front yard for the last 20 years, I don’t expect them to all the sudden start mowing the lawn weekly. Yamaha has been basically asleep for the last10 years. That is not much of a teaser so maybe there will be others leading up to the release.

If you zoom in on the 2020 pic it looks like there's a big "X" on the side. If its a Yamaha badged riot X I'll be snowchecking
It looks like an "X" on the side, but isn't it a short track (129") sled? I'd like to see the Riot in Yamaha blue, but with a NA 4-stroke equivalent to the Cat 600, and a Sidewinder version.

It looks like an "X" on the side, but isn't it a short track (129") sled? I'd like to see the Riot in Yamaha blue, but with a NA 4-stroke equivalent to the Cat 600, and a Sidewinder version.
That is an X on the side panel,maybe the picture is to sidetrack us?

Why cant you just buy it from Cat? Why only if its rebadget Yamaha? Its NOT a Yamaha.

Well if the Yamaha version of it only offers Yamaha 4 Stroke engines and the Cat version offers only Cat 2 Stroke engines then there is enough of a difference to actually have a choice. I guess we'll see what happens in a few days.

78199613.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back