• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Viper L-TX-GT looks good. I see they have updated the ECU and say the 1049cc is updated. Anyone got some info on this ? Is it only the Updated flash or did they rework the motor to up the output? Any one know if they updated the Chaincase in anyway?

It's time for a new sled :) This one might go on the list....

I'll hazard a guess that it is more in line with the current TR-1 that is used in PWCs. I don't know specifically what would be different offhand. And it's not easy to find info online.

A lot of complaining about what didn't come out in the new lineup. Did anyone really expect a new Apex like chassis with a 2 stroke 6,000 HP, nitrous funny car motor? I think it is simple, if you don't like what Yamaha put out and want a new sled look at a Poo or Ski-Doo, or an Arctic Cat even, buy it, ride it and if you like it ride it some more. I just don't see Yamaha making a sudden move to a whole new platform and engine. The Yamaha engineers believe their engines are good, they are. They believe that the SRV chassis is good, it is. They know they need to tweak some things to make it better, they are. A lot of us like them, a lot and are happy. Some aren't happy and need to move on, I don't think anyone here will say bad things or be butt hurt if you go. But for the sake of god either be happy and ride a yamaha, or be happy and ride something else; just stop whining!

here here!

900Ace wasnt meant to be super fast, but i bet you can up the boost for more power. Doo has the 850 for the speedsters. Cant be any worse than a Viper. Without a turbo, they are turds[/QUOTE

lol how fast can you actually go on a trail? I love guys that need a sled to do over 100mph to trail ride, or chirp other sleds that can't do it. Vipers don't need turbos to be the fast on the trail.

Last edited:
right on!! just like the 900Ace is probably pretty fast to some

Is that for real; has anyone seen an actual document signed by someone at Textron? If Textron has made a public statement that suggests they are looking at the sale of the AC snowmobile segment, then maybe there is real hope for Yamaha in the future. Yamaha may not have had any interest in buying AC in the past, but if it comes up for sale, Yamaha will be faced with either buying it, or giving up on snowmobiles altogether. As you suggest, the separation of AC and Yamaha models by 2-stroke and 4-stroke power is a logical step if an actual merger/sale is in the cards for the future.

I was informed that someone doctored the very end of that statement. Now is it possible they try and divest the snowmobile segment if it doesn't turn around? Yes. Do I think that they are setting up for that by splitting the lines so Cat is all 2 Stroke and Yamaha is all 4 Stroke? Makes sense to me.

I think this would be a great sled. If they can get it to work like a backcountry xrs. I rode one of those for a day and it was a blast. I’m going to keep my 129” winder for my wife. But I’m not against adding a longer track with some playfulness to it.

I was really hoping something completely new would have been released but I still have a little bit of hope one day it will be made but I’m not gonna give up on Yamaha and after going to my dealer yesterday ( both Cat and Yamaha ) I was really thinking hard about it last night and went back this afternoon and bought a 2018 Vector they had left over couldn’t pass up the price, it’s still new, I’ve always liked the looks of the Delta box body style and it’s a true Yamaha picking it up right away when they open

Sweet. Congratulations on the new sled! What model vector did you get?

Well, to play catch up, I just read from page 152 to 174. It went from hope and promise to gloom and doom with no sight of recovery! It looks to me like AC and Yamaha are eliminating dublications. If AC were to sell and Yamaha were to buy it would make the transition a lot more seamless. I have no clue what Yamaha is going to do, but hopefully they will be around for a while.

I was informed that someone doctored the very end of that statement. Now is it possible they try and divest the snowmobile segment if it doesn't turn around? Yes. Do I think that they are setting up for that by splitting the lines so Cat is all 2 Stroke and Yamaha is all 4 Stroke? Makes sense to me.

It would make sense, but as was the case for all of the preceding 173 pages, we are all speculating without enough facts to be assured that we are reaching accurate conclusions. I think that there are a fair number of us "faithful" that want Yamaha to buy AC and bring Yamaha's traditional quality control to the AC designs. It may make sense to us, but the powers that be at Corporate Yamaha may not agree.

This year, Cat has mountain and crossover sleds, and no utility sleds. Yamaha has trail sleds and utility sleds. That looks strategic. The inventory reduction strategy is evident. I still feel that we will see some real new models soon, but it's crushing going on just faith.

With AC pretty much getting rid of 4 strokes it does look like something is going on. Nobody knows what that is but textron only cares about making $. If sleds don't make enough for them they will sell or close it down. It would be a opportunity for Yamaha. Maybe this is what Yamaha has been waiting for since they haven't came out with a true new factory sled since the Nytro. God has it really been since 2008?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back