• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you can disagree all you want, but having the majority of Cats all 2 Stroke (with the exception of one) and the Yamahas all 4 Stroke (with the exception of the Tranporter 600 or VK540) makes more sense then having a Cat and Yamaha 4 Stroke with just different plastic, graphics and clutches. At least if you want a Yamaha 4 Stroke even you pretty much have to go with Yamaha. Cat didn't even make any touring sleds this year or anything 7000 series. That Transporter might be a Cat 600, but only Yamaha offers it. If you want a mountain sled with a 162" and the 998 Turbo you have to buy a Yamaha.

It seems to me they are merging the line-up and trying to create a reason to buy a Yamaha (the 4 Stroke) or a Cat (2 Stroke). If Yamaha was to purchase ACs snowmobile division that's exactly how they would market this stuff. I know this doesn't make the people that want a new Apex happy and they really need a new "Phazer" but this arrangement makes more sense from a marketing standpoint. There's actually more of a reason to pick a Yamaha now if you want the engine. I think that new Sidewinder 146" Crossover might be a really nice sled. The reviews seemed to really like the Riot. Throw a Sidewinder engine in there and you've got a really nice 50-50 sled.

yamajammer76... Good point/idea about merging the lines.

In your post, I read it that you eluded to Yamaha having the fastest 2-up sled in the business. What sled would that be? Because right now, I think that goes to Skidoo's Grand Touring with the ACE Turbo.
This one!
Winder 2 up.jpg

Wow, lots of disappointment. This is kind of concerning!

jjmoneysauce... yeah I hear you... funny comment someone said... a lot of guys were disappointed because of the disappointment of being disappointed...again.

900Ace wasnt meant to be super fast, but i bet you can up the boost for more power. Doo has the 850 for the speedsters. Cant be any worse than a Viper. Without a turbo, they are turds
A Viper a turd? I'll put my Viper up against any sled in the 600 class it is in and not have an ounce of doubt regarding the outcome. And before anything is said, yes I did mod it. Nothing crazy though, just intake, exhaust, and clutching. At the same time I also know that with the same level of mods I will come out ahead of othe 600s.

They upped thr hp in the viper but did it say what the hp was anywhere

I still haven't seen a person from Yamaha comment on any of the sleds released. Sure would be nice to know what they are doing. I follow every brand of sled very closely and I can tell you without a doubt that Yamaha DOES NOT listen to the people. Ski-doo and Polaris both give there buyers what they want. Updated suspension every year to make it better. Small tweaks that actually make a difference. Always coming out with top of the line accessories. Offering many different colors. These are all things that Yamaha should be able to do. If this is a true "partnership" with cat then they should have some say in what gets built. It seems to me that Cat is acting like the big brother, telling the little brother(Yamaha) how its going to be. Cat must be making loads of money off Yamaha but Yamaha ain't hardly making anything from cat. If Yamaha was smart they would see that and either 1 get the hell out or 2 step up and tell cat how its going to be.

It is funny in the suspension description for the winder 2-up they mentioned they did modifications to keep it from doing skilees.
"Still think the passenger is going to get a thrill ride of a lifetime":sled2: we need a two up imoji Mr Sled

The Dual Shock SR 146 is a “coupled” skid-frame that utilizes a unique “sliding” front arm mount with half an inch of movement at the front arm “slot”. This active arm design delivers controlled (reduced) ski-lift during acceleration while retaining a good measure of independent front arm tracking. The addition of passenger 'overload' springs help compensate for the extra weight of a passenger to reduce bottoming and maintain balance.

A Viper a turd? I'll put my Viper up against any sled in the 600 class it is in and not have an ounce of doubt regarding the outcome. And before anything is said, yes I did mod it. Nothing crazy though, just intake, exhaust, and clutching. At the same time I also know that with the same level of mods I will come out ahead of othe 600s.
You better avoid those new poo indy 600s. Funny what some people consider fast. Im sure you bought the intake, exhaust and clutching for fuel economy.

Looking at CA prices, that is a lot of funny money. 21,199 for a winder 2 up :bling

900Ace wasnt meant to be super fast, but i bet you can up the boost for more power. Doo has the 850 for the speedsters. Cant be any worse than a Viper. Without a turbo, they are turds[/Q
adding more boost to the Ace brings it up to the sidewinders stock hp

You better avoid those new poo indy 600s. Funny what some people consider fast. Im sure you bought the intake, exhaust and clutching for fuel economy.

With modern sleds any 600 that can do a true 95 MPH is fast. Viper in the right conditions and right mods will do that all day long. Triple digits are obtainable with new map, gearing, and header. The new Poo is quick, but the big end still isn't there. From a dead stop within 1/4 mile the viper will reel it in. The new Viper may reel it in within an 1/8. Twisty's the Poo XC has it. We'll see what the new geometry does for 2020, it would take a lot though.

And, if you did the same to a Winder you would be at the same place, no? 900T is a good motor and fills a void in performance. If Doo would take that thing they call a throttle off it and fix fuel delivery it would be an option as you can fix the twitchy handling with setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back