• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a few comments regarding Arctic Cat being sold to Yamaha, yatta yatta yatta....so this article is kinda relevant. Copy and Paste relevant stuff with a link as well.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/18/reu...t-buy-for-profit-miss-shares-fall-11-pct.html

Oct 18 (Reuters) - Textron Inc posted a lower-than-expected quarterly profit on Thursday due to lingering problems at its industrial products unit that houses its recently acquired Arctic Cat all-terrain vehicle business, sending its shares down 11 percent.

Investors worried the maker of Cessna business jets was struggling to integrate the business after the company said it was undergoing a "painful learning experience" in its efforts to add more customers at the retail level and manage discounting.

Textron was one year behind schedule on booking gains from the Arctic Cat acquisition, Chief Executive Officer Scott Donnelly said on a conference call, while pointing to poor management of the unit.

"We went into this expecting to be able to generate accretion in year one. Obviously, that's not going to happen," he said.

"When you have something like that going on, it creates enough chaos that drives down the operating performance."

The company last week replaced Kevin Holleran, in charge of Arctic Cat's parent unit, with Scott Ernest, the head of its aviation business.

From the articles I read, I get the feeling Arctic Cat is going in the direction Textron wants. Knowing that Textron wasn't in the picture with Yami and Cat, I don't think there is any loyalty there.

With AC pretty much getting rid of 4 strokes it does look like something is going on. Nobody knows what that is but textron only cares about making $. If sleds don't make enough for them they will sell or close it down. It would be a opportunity for Yamaha. Maybe this is what Yamaha has been waiting for since they haven't came out with a true new factory sled since the Nytro. God has it really been since 2008?
Pretty simple in my mind. AC sells 2s sleds and Textron makes money Yamaha sells 4s sleds and Textron makes money. Yamaha and AC eliminates duplicate sled saturation and Textron makes money. Difficult for Yamaha to make money in this current alliance but still here...sort of. This arrangement won’t be long term Textron really doesn’t need Yamaha and Yamaha has no place to go unless they they buy the AC snow division or break away go it alone. I don’t see acquisition happening so best guess is 1 or 2 more years of procross BNG and out of snow biz. If the current market does not embrace Yamaha 4s procross the end is clearly insight. I just purchased a 2019 SD Enduro 900t imo its the sled we have been asking Yamaha to build but it fell on deft ears. Many said if disappointed go buy something else so imo be careful what you advise others to do Yamaha needs more buyers not less. I hope Yamaha comes back strong with a new 4s platform but I couldn’t continue on blind faith any longer.

There was a few comments regarding Arctic Cat being sold to Yamaha, yatta yatta yatta....so this article is kinda relevant. Copy and Paste relevant stuff with a link as well.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/18/reu...t-buy-for-profit-miss-shares-fall-11-pct.html
Oct 18 (Reuters) - Textron Inc posted a lower-than-expected quarterly profit on Thursday due to lingering problems at its industrial products unit that houses its recently acquired Arctic Cat all-terrain vehicle business, sending its shares down 11 percent.
Investors worried the maker of Cessna business jets was struggling to integrate the business after the company said it was undergoing a "painful learning experience" in its efforts to add more customers at the retail level and manage discounting.
Textron was one year behind schedule on booking gains from the Arctic Cat acquisition, Chief Executive Officer Scott Donnelly said on a conference call, while pointing to poor management of the unit.
"We went into this expecting to be able to generate accretion in year one. Obviously, that's not going to happen," he said.
"When you have something like that going on, it creates enough chaos that drives down the operating performance."
The company last week replaced Kevin Holleran, in charge of Arctic Cat's parent unit, with Scott Ernest, the head of its aviation business.

Hey SqueezeER... I feel that Textron made a huge stupid mistake by removing the Arctic Cat brand from their newly acquired ATV and Side by Side lines... Another dumb bean counter move. That's where they lost sales, and now the Cat is Back (again).

Pretty simple in my mind. AC sells 2s sleds and Textron makes money Yamaha sells 4s sleds and Textron makes money. Yamaha and AC eliminates duplicate sled saturation and Textron makes money. Difficult for Yamaha to make money in this current alliance but still here...sort of. This arrangement won’t be long term Textron really doesn’t need Yamaha and Yamaha has no place to go unless they they buy the AC snow division or break away go it alone. I don’t see acquisition happening so best guess is 1 or 2 more years of procross BNG and out of snow biz. If the current market does not embrace Yamaha 4s procross the end is clearly insight. I just purchased a 2019 SD Enduro 900t imo its the sled we have been asking Yamaha to build but it fell on deft ears. Many said if disappointed go buy something else so imo be careful what you advise others to do Yamaha needs more buyers not less. I hope Yamaha comes back strong with a new 4s platform but I couldn’t continue on blind faith any longer.
This has been the thought in my head for a long time now and with the latest release that thought just grew larger. I really don't want to say it but like you said we are going on blind faith and I too am thinking about other brands. Yes I ride a cat right now but that's because I just don't see anything interesting from Yamaha at the moment. If they release something next year that catches my eye I will be back on a Yami. I was hoping it would have been this year.

So you just purchased a Ski Doo why are you on here complaining about Yamaha. I hope you enjoy it and make sure you become a member on Doo Talk because you will have a lot to be complaining about over there when you get some miles on that 900T that can't get out of it's own way(just what I herd)

And with Arctic Cats pre season pricing, how is Yamaha going to be able to sell any Sidewinders? Cats version of the SRX is $14,499! $3,500 is a lot to stick it to their dealers to make up!

So you just purchased a Ski Doo why are you on here complaining about Yamaha. I hope you enjoy it and make sure you become a member on Doo Talk because you will have a lot to be complaining about over there when you get some miles on that 900T that can't get out of it's own way(just what I herd)
You are having a difficult time seeing the forest thru all those trees. Yes I joined dootalk yesterday since you seem so concerned that I do so. The more people you chase from Yamaha and TY is counterproductive to the Yamaha cause. Constructive criticism is a good thing and you should see it as such. Why on earth with you advise people to leave the Yamaha brand in not frequent TY? Again all those trees seem to be blinding you from advancing the brand.

Yes you are correct on the price of the Cats has anyone priced a 2020 Yamaha yet. Look into the early buy deal $500.00 clothing allowance and a 4 year warranty and a pretty good fiance rate plus some other things. You only get 1 year warranty with Cat still a good deal though. The prices you have been seeing are msrp most dealers will sell them for $2000.00 to $2500.00 less than that. If you like green by the Cat if not buy the Yamaha. If you don't like either one go buy a Doo or Poo. A few people buying a nother brand because Yamaha did not build there dream sled is not going to make or brake Yamaha. I talk to guy's every weekend that are switching brands, to each there own and that's what makes the world go around. If you think Yamaha is going to listen to handful of people that don't like the road there going down and think they know what kind of machines they should build is foolish. There is a whole lot of people out there that own Yamahas and no nothing about this site and have zero problems with them.

I like the Sidewinder S-TX GT, but $18,299 + is crazy just to get red and there is a $500 destination charge + hard saddle bags + Mirrors + electric shock upgrade (if you can even do it) and now you are way over $20,000. I remember thinking Cats Turbo 1,100 at 14,900 a few years ago was absolutely crazy...man how things change. Come to think about it, all our friends up north of the border pay even more.

I'll pick through what's left in Yamaha's non-current or lightly used market and start dreaming about next year.

I got no problem with trees dude I got one hell of a chain saw.

I’ve been considerate and respectful of you and your choice to ride what you want to ride. You might consider extending that respect to others. Reading comprehension is important. The reason we are on here complaining about Yamaha is because they make it really easy for us and if change is going to come I would think Yamaha May look here not on Dootalk. I think I would rather have input from someone that owns a skidoo rather than what you herd. Just an FYI. Its heard not herd and too as in also. Hope this helps you understand.

You are having a difficult time seeing the forest thru all those trees. Yes I joined dootalk yesterday since you seem so concerned that I do so. The more people you chase from Yamaha and TY is counterproductive to the Yamaha cause. Constructive criticism is a good thing and you should see it as such. Why on earth with you advise people to leave the Yamaha brand in not frequent TY? Again all those trees seem to be blinding you from advancing the brand.
By all means please keep us updated on your new sled, we than will see your honest opinion of the sled through the eye's of someone that has road and owned a Yamaha,, I think there is some true blue's that would like to hear what your thoughts are on the 900t. thanks

Why would someone that owns a Ski Doo be on a Yamaha site other than to complain and wine. I respect everyone and there opion but it's getting really old reading some of these threads and it's the same guys complaining about same stuff and the worse thing about it is they don't even own the snowmobile they are complaining about. It's just getting old same people complaining about the same carp over and over again. I'm going to ask this question what made you choose the 900T over a 2020 Viper and please don't tell me it was because it was cheaper. Hey maybe it's just me and need to take a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back