• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Sidewinder or Tcat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cat and the Yamaha will be very closely priced at the end of the day. The Cats only come with a 1 year warranty where the Yamaha are 4-5 years depending on US or Canada. The Cat dealers are going to make bare bones profit so you bet your #*$&@ they will push hard on extra years of warranty and accessories to fatten their wallets. That now brings the price up $1000 or more. You will be able to negotiate approx. $2000 down on a Yamaha and now we are getting pretty close to the same out the door price. Also, I heard Cat dealers will have 2 weeks to pay for the new delivered sleds in full after its delivered. That means if it shows up in September, the owner will have to pay in full. Thats about 2.5 months ahead of full payment for Yamaha. Its all marketing!

Cats are @ $2000 cheaper here

Don't know why everyone says the cat is cheaper, I priced to compare here in Ontario and the thundercat with IACT out the door with 1yr warranty is 17600. Add two year warranty for 1600 which gives you 19200. Add tax on this too.
I have got a deal for 18800 on srx which comes with 4year warranty. Definitely cat is not cheaper. And the crap coloured spindles and rails is not worth extra money imho.
18800 srx ontario? Wow that seems decent. Where?

I think the Thundercat spindles and rails ruin the whole look of the sled. Even though the price of the Cat is really good those colors are a deal breaker.
I now know what happened to the Barnum and Baily Circus employees. They are now designing the color schemes for Yamaha. With those colors and graphics they just went from the best looking sleds to the worst looking.

Even the G4 Doo's that you guys think are ugly look good in comparison.
No. Even the 20 Yamaha's with no-so-good colours look better than a G4.
:)

My dealer and I were yakking for a few hrs....

Tcat while its cheap, will not have any decent financing % rates like DOO and YAM have. YAM has the best financing deals with 2.9% for a full 60 months if you want that long, so that is really incredible. BRP financing is 0% but only till March 2020, then goes up to 7.9% I believe for remainder. Cat likely will fall around 12.9% from most banks he thinks. Also remember the Cat has ony 1 yr warranty, and extra is not cheap at all.

So the Cat is still alot cheaper, but if you must use financing it does not become nearly as good a deal as YAM financing over time. And if you add 5 yr warranty its right up there then in total cost.

Dan

No. Even the 20 Yamaha's with no-so-good colours look better than a G4.
:)
G4 is just UGLY period, very much looks like a trappers sled once window is added. While the Procross is super sleek and sexy......Colors are one thing, but actual panel flow IMO is what makes for good looking sled. G4 is always been known as an ugly looker from day one, when people thought it was a joke when it was posted early, everyone thought it was the utility model...lol, I'll never forget that huge thread on DT.

That being said...the g4 is a blast to ride, not the 900t with horrible throttle that makes it impossible to want one, I mean the 850. Just a blast.

Dan

My dealer and I were yakking for a few hrs....

Tcat while its cheap, will not have any decent financing % rates like DOO and YAM have. YAM has the best financing deals with 2.9% for a full 60 months if you want that long, so that is really incredible. BRP financing is 0% but only till March 2020, then goes up to 7.9% I believe for remainder. Cat likely will fall around 12.9% from most banks he thinks. Also remember the Cat has ony 1 yr warranty, and extra is not cheap at all.

So the Cat is still alot cheaper, but if you must use financing it does not become nearly as good a deal as YAM financing over time. And if you add 5 yr warranty its right up there then in total cost.

Dan
12.9%...? Yikes!!

Don't know why everyone says the cat is cheaper, I priced to compare here in Ontario and the thundercat with IACT out the door with 1yr warranty is 17600. Add two year warranty for 1600 which gives you 19200. Add tax on this too.
I have got a deal for 18800 on srx which comes with 4year warranty. Definitely cat is not cheaper. And the crap coloured spindles and rails is not worth extra money imho.

I talked to Port Yamaha who sell cat and they have stated that its not any cheaper to get the cat.. I am at a loss on whats being posted out there.

As far as colors and brands .. who care what someone else likes.. buy what you like.

G4 is just UGLY period, very much looks like a trappers sled once window is added. While the Procross is super sleek and sexy......Colors are one thing, but actual panel flow IMO is what makes for good looking sled. G4 is always been known as an ugly looker from day one, when people thought it was a joke when it was posted early, everyone thought it was the utility model...lol, I'll never forget that huge thread on DT.

That being said...the g4 is a blast to ride, not the 900t with horrible throttle that makes it impossible to want one, I mean the 850. Just a blast.

Dan
Now it is a utility model too....lol

I talked to Port Yamaha who sell cat and they have stated that its not any cheaper to get the cat.. I am at a loss on whats being posted out there.
Tom, every dealer can do what they want so I believe things are diff from dealer to dealer. Most will sell tcat for the MSRP(which is super low)....some add Freight/PDI while some dont. But its still near 2k less then best priced SRX, Here are my dealers costs:

Tcat Qs3: $13,995
Tcat iACT: $14,495
SRX iQS: $16,300

All in, pre-tax.

$1805 difference at my dealer.....but as I mentioned prior post, lots of caveats make the YAM not as far off as it looks.

Dan

where did you come up with 12.9% lol, arctic cat usually does not go any higher than 5.9%
read the fine print on yamaha, as low as 2.99%
who is your local dealer?

site says
up to 2.99% for 36mts or no payments no interest for 6mts @4.49% up to 60mts or 5.49% for 72mts
so i am not sure 2.99 or most people is feasable as your payments on the sled would be over 600 bucks a month

i think most people will take the no interest no payment for 6mts @ 4.49%

Tom, every dealer can do what they want so I believe things are diff from dealer to dealer. Most will sell tcat for the MSRP(which is super low)....some add Freight/PDI while some dont. But its still near 2k less then best priced SRX, Here are my dealers costs:

Tcat Qs3: $13,995
Tcat iACT: $14,495
SRX iQS: $16,300

All in, pre-tax.

$1805 difference at my dealer.....but as I mentioned prior post, lots of caveats make the YAM not as far off as it looks.

Dan
These are us prices correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back