• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Sidewinder or Tcat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have a question for you guys.
What if Yamaha would have put the Sidewinder motor in a Apex? Would you have bought it? I sure as heck wouldnt. I agree the Cat chassis needs Updating mainly the width and rear suspension but it sure is night and day better than a Apex.
Agree!!!

How bout visa versa?

I think YAM should somehow shoehorn the Apex engine into the procross chassie, it would fill a gap(150hp) and put a hurtin on the horrible 900t iTC doo. ;)

Dan

I wouldn't want it, if I'm buying something new it will be a Winder i can put the 900T in it's place pretty easy with my Viper. I would not spend the money on a Pro Cross with Apex motor when you can have the fasted muscle sled of all time bar none with the Winder.

I have a question for you guys.
What if Yamaha would have put the Sidewinder motor in a Apex? Would you have bought it? I sure as heck wouldnt. I agree the Cat chassis needs Updating mainly the width and rear suspension but it sure is night and day better than a Apex.
Just my opinion but that’s a retread of 2 old products while doo is offering new engines and chassis 2s and 4s sleds is more cash cow thinking. I think the users are too sophisticated to be interested in old technologies. This is my major concern with both AC and Yamaha it’s going to take a major investment in snowmobiles to compete in today’s marketplace and where will the market be in 5 years? Bean counters are asking theses questions at both Yamaha and Textron and why nothing is happening it’s a tuff ROI in any form.

I wouldn't want it, if I'm buying something new it will be a Winder i can put the 900T in it's place pretty easy with my Viper. I would not spend the money on a Pro Cross with Apex motor when you can have the fasted muscle sled of all time bar none with the Winder.
I agree. The Apex motor in a touring sled or all out drag sled with a turbo maybe but more so the width and weight would make it a no go for me. Yamaha could do Winder power in a 2 cylinder Turbo with gear reduction. That would be something in a more modern chassis than the ProCross.

Agree!!!

How bout visa versa?

I think YAM should somehow shoehorn the Apex engine into the procross chassie, it would fill a gap(150hp) and put a hurtin on the horrible 900t iTC doo. ;)

Dan

Dan I see those drama classes are working out good for you. :rolleyes: I don't think a 300 lb engine in a procross chassis will have any effect on the "horrible" 900t itc.

I have lost count of all the ex Sidewinder owners who have and are switching to the "horrible" 900t Doo. I get pm's all the time and they all tell me how much happier they are now that they are back on Doo.
As a matter of fact a friend of mine who has posted here many times just sold his 270 hp tuned 50th anniversary Winder on a 2020 900t XRS Manta green His dealer will be installing a Hurricane tune before he picks it up. He rode my "horrible" 900t and liked it a lot and thought it was very responsive. Like I said when he tried my "horrible" sled he was riding a 270 hp tuned Winder .

When you order your belt blowing, oil burning, rod bearing eating 850 Doo don't forget to turn off the lights here on TY. ;)!

I think Dan was only referring to the iTC on the throttle that a lot of people are just not used to.
He has praised DOO on just about everything else.

Dan I see those drama classes are working out good for you. :rolleyes: I don't think a 300 lb engine in a procross chassis will have any effect on the "horrible" 900t itc.

I have lost count of all the ex Sidewinder owners who have and are switching to the "horrible" 900t Doo. I get pm's all the time and they all tell me how much happier they are now that they are back on Doo.
As a matter of fact a friend of mine who has posted here many times just sold his 270 hp tuned 50th anniversary Winder on a 2020 900t XRS Manta green His dealer will be installing a Hurricane tune before he picks it up. He rode my "horrible" 900t and liked it a lot and thought it was very responsive. Like I said when he tried my "horrible" sled he was riding a 270 hp tuned Winder .

When you order your belt blowing, oil burning, rod bearing eating 850 Doo don't forget to turn off the lights here on TY. ;)!
LOL Joe.....

I still find it interesting that you feel the need to go into every single forum around the internet to defend the 900t....

Yeah the 900t(iTC) is hated by many, and the ones who will 'get used to the iTC' or 'put up with the iTC' will certainly be happy and post often in the thread of "this is the best sled ever" over on DT.

No need to get mad at me Joe, Its all the magazines and Tv show test riders who say this too. Not too mention most performance type riders. For the cruisers who ride with their wives it seems to be a non issue for sure. The guys that are happy shouldn't be worried about what others think.

Have a nice summer brother
Dan

There is a topic on dootalk titled former Sidewinder owners with over 100 posts. The ITC is highly debated on dootalk but former sidewinder, Apex and Viper riders are buying 900ts and 900na. Yamaha has an incomplete lineup lots of holes no 150 or 100 to 110hp and lower models and those market segments are going elsewhere. 900t isn’t suppose to compete with the SW at 150 hp imo it competes with the Apex. It maybe the 900t sleds ride well better than any current Yamaha gets good gas mileage, nice linq system, air ride rear suspension choice of adjustable windshields , adjustable carbides and lighter overall weight appeals to many and they are switching 4s brands. I would have stayed with Yamaha but Yamaha had nothing for me. Not everyone wants a 200hp snowmobile. The Yamaha OEM relationship with Textron has been reduced and will not flourish in its present form. The snowmobiling public is well informed and it is obvious there is change coming with the Textron/ Yamaha relationship. Neither company is saying anything as to their future snow products direction but both companies have gaps in their product lines. Consumers are going elsewhere where they can buy existing 2s and 4s models that please them. Imo it’s getting very late in the game for Textron or Yamaha to effectively compete with doo or poo in the total snow products market and riders are leaving. It’s happening now and both Textron and Yamaha are are again in another wait and see year and hope something big happens in 2021. Imo wait and see is now killing them consumers are buying other brands it’s fish or cut bait time for both Yamaha and Textron.

There is a topic on dootalk titled former Sidewinder owners with over 100 posts. The ITC is highly debated on dootalk but former sidewinder, Apex and Viper riders are buying 900ts and 900na. Yamaha has an incomplete lineup lots of holes no 150 or 100 to 110hp and lower models and those market segments are going elsewhere. 900t isn’t suppose to compete with the SW at 150 hp imo it competes with the Apex. It maybe the 900t sleds ride well better than any current Yamaha gets good gas mileage, nice linq system, air ride rear suspension choice of adjustable windshields , adjustable carbides and lighter overall weight appeals to many and they are switching 4s brands. I would have stayed with Yamaha but Yamaha had nothing for me. Not everyone wants a 200hp snowmobile. The Yamaha OEM relationship with Textron has been reduced and will not flourish in its present form. The snowmobiling public is well informed and it is obvious there is change coming with the Textron/ Yamaha relationship. Neither company is saying anything as to their future snow products direction but both companies have gaps in their product lines. Consumers are going elsewhere where they can buy existing 2s and 4s models that please them. Imo it’s getting very late in the game for Textron or Yamaha to effectively compete with doo or poo in the total snow products market and riders are leaving. It’s happening now and both Textron and Yamaha are are again in another wait and see year and hope something big happens in 2021. Imo wait and see is now killing them consumers are buying other brands it’s fish or cut bait time for both Yamaha and Textron.
Absolutely!!
Yamaha has been going down hill in many different ways and loosing loyal consumers!
For instance when will we see a recall on the Sidewinder clutches? With all the failures they are playing a game of roulette.......just waiting for someone to get a flyweight through the leg.

The trend is up(HP) and the trend is your friend. I have never seen so many Winders(and also t-cats and 900-'s) in my area as I have this year. Serious sledders demand srious powerand there is only one sled that can deliver. We had one guy left in our group that was still on an Apex, but his track blew last week up near Cochrane. He dropped it off for me to put a new track on, and informed me that he ordered a 2020 red Winder GT. I said congrats, you will love it.

Absolutely!!
Yamaha has been going down hill in many different ways and loosing loyal consumers!
For instance when will we see a recall on the Sidewinder clutches? With all the failures they are playing a game of roulette.......just waiting for someone to get a flyweight through the leg.
It's a myth. I was at my dealer recently and I asked him how many Winders have had clutch issues out of all of them sold since 17(he has sold about 100 in three years).
He said one.

Wonder how many of those 100 got flashed up? Could it be that dealers don't see flashed SW's? Most guys w tuned sleds are working on them themselves and know dealers/factory won't warranty modified sleds. My dealer told me when I picked up my sled, if I flash it up and it develops a warranty failure of some kind, to not bring it back because Cat will deny the claim just because the sled is flashed. Dealer response seems odd because on TY there is sooo much discussion about clutch problems.

LOL Joe.....

I still find it interesting that you feel the need to go into every single forum around the internet to defend the 900t....

Yeah the 900t(iTC) is hated by many, and the ones who will 'get used to the iTC' or 'put up with the iTC' will certainly be happy and post often in the thread of "this is the best sled ever" over on DT.

No need to get mad at me Joe, Its all the magazines and Tv show test riders who say this too. Not too mention most performance type riders. For the cruisers who ride with their wives it seems to be a non issue for sure. The guys that are happy shouldn't be worried about what others think.

Have a nice summer brother
Dan

Dan, I want to commend you for your diplomacy.

I have been on TY for many years, and you are no doubt, one of the best when it comes to choosing the high road or the low road. Thanks Bro for keeping all civil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back