• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Turbos will come with more HP??

The delta box 2 was a good chassis. I bought a 07 attak gt the same day as my buddy bought his 700 dragon. The dragon was junk. But he loved how it rode and handled. He always said he wished his sled had my motor. Then he took a 750 t for a good long demo. He hated it. Said it rode like a tank and said my sled handled and rode better and then would say if my sled had a 140 hp 2stroke twin he would buy it in a heart beat. It was the weight that turned him off. Not the chassis.

Guess the new cat 880 2 stroke is gonna kick some 4 stroke but next year

Which one is it going to kick butt on, a 900 Ace? Plus the 880 wasn't even released........it's still an 800.

Polaris may very well up the ante and answer to the SideWinder -Thunder Cat hyper sled title, they answered to Doo's 850 and have been pretty quiet about 4 strokes so far, they do have the tech to do it and build it and put it in their own chassis, will we see a hot rod turbo 4 stroke from Polaris that will out run the winder and take over the bragging rights , that would make the sled world interesting.

Hahaha, polaris will never make a sled a sled to compete with a sidewinder. They still cant make a reliable 800cc sled, or 840.

Hahaha, polaris will never make a sled a sled to compete with a sidewinder. They still cant make a reliable 800cc sled, or 840.
Yeah, Polaris does have their share of problems, but I do like their chassis and how it looks, their skid is on par now with Doo's R motion and they have a very good front end but they are plagued with electrical gremlins and motor reliability, they did up the ante with their engine warranty on the new 850 though, but you might want to read the fine print on the coverage, it would be Polaris's style to attempt to take over the bragging rights of the Winder with a all new 4 stroke turbo rocket, all it would take is for Polaris to keep it running good long enough for one run down a track along side the Winder and pull ahead slightly and its all over for the Winder, you would be amazed at how many of these pro winder guy's that would jump ship if this happened. lol

Polaris can't build a hi performance 4 stroke to save there a$$ like big phil said they can't even keep there 2 strokes together. I would probably think the Polaris chassis was great also if I was still driving my apex.

I dunno, my last five Polaris sleds have beenmore reliable combined than my 1 sidewinder had been. Just sayin

I dunno, my last five Polaris sleds have beenmore reliable combined than my 1 sidewinder had been. Just sayin

You obviously didn’t have an 800 Polaris. My sidewinder just hit 10000kms. Never left me stranded once. No big failures. Only issue is I am a little harder on belts. But when you make over twice the power of Polaris most powerful sled. Bound to happen. Plus my engine is just broken in. 10000kms Polaris 800 would be almost ready for engine rebuild #2.

You obviously didn’t have an 800 Polaris. My sidewinder just hit 10000kms. Never left me stranded once. No big failures. Only issue is I am a little harder on belts. But when you make over twice the power of Polaris most powerful sled. Bound to happen. Plus my engine is just broken in. 10000kms Polaris 800 would be almost ready for engine rebuild #2.
All I owned was 800s. Power valve and non power valve. Edge and rush chassis’s.

All I owned was 800s. Power valve and non power valve. Edge and rush chassis’s.

The edge may have been ok. The rush 800s were completely garbage. There’s no way you rode one for more than 4000 miles before blowing up. There’s a reason 2010-2015 Polaris 800s are worthless. The 800ho is supposed to be better. My buddies popped at 6300kms. Dealer said it’s about normal. New crate engine under warranty. This guy has lost 4 weeks of riding because of warrant work.

Yeah, Polaris does have their share of problems, but I do like their chassis and how it looks, their skid is on par now with Doo's R motion and they have a very good front end but they are plagued with electrical gremlins and motor reliability, they did up the ante with their engine warranty on the new 850 though, but you might want to read the fine print on the coverage, it would be Polaris's style to attempt to take over the bragging rights of the Winder with a all new 4 stroke turbo rocket, all it would take is for Polaris to keep it running good long enough for one run down a track along side the Winder and pull ahead slightly and its all over for the Winder, you would be amazed at how many of these pro winder guy's that would jump ship if this happened. lol

Why would they jump ship? Maybe for the ride but not for the motor. Problem is a 4 stroke is heavy plain and simple so it isn't like the Polaris version would be that much lighter. If they lighten the motor I can guarantee it won't be able to make major HP with a bunch of extra boost without it going kaboom. I just don't see Polaris even caring about this segment.

I can't deny they have a nice riding chassis in the 2 stroke arena. Their 850 is not reliable yet....all sorts of them blowing up after they do the upgrade flash for emissions. Maybe cat is doing the right thing by just adding 5 HP to their 800 for 2020....this going to 850 was kind of silly IMHO.

Why would they jump ship? Maybe for the ride but not for the motor. Problem is a 4 stroke is heavy plain and simple so it isn't like the Polaris version would be that much lighter. If they lighten the motor I can guarantee it won't be able to make major HP with a bunch of extra boost without it going kaboom. I just don't see Polaris even caring about this segment.

I can't deny they have a nice riding chassis in the 2 stroke arena. Their 850 is not reliable yet....all sorts of them blowing up after they do the upgrade flash for emissions. Maybe cat is doing the right thing by just adding 5 HP to their 800 for 2020....this going to 850 was kind of silly IMHO.
Do you really think that Cat/Yamaha are the only OEM that can build a 200hp 4 stroke snowmobile engine and wedge it in a chassis, the Winder engine was shoe horned into the pro cross, that chassis was designed for a two stroke, a OEM that can design a chassis for a 4 stroke to fit right in the chassis will make for a better handling sled and a chassis that can handle the power, Polaris could do this easy where everything is in their own house, I would say Polaris wants in the 4 stroke segment but won't release till their ready, they already answered to Doo so its just a matter of time they will answer to Cat/Yamaha, Polaris does a pretty good job at kicking butt in the racing world and are the one's to beat with their crappy engines, I thought I seen some where that Polaris won the iron dog race this year, I could be mistaken though, so all in all don't count Polaris out by any means for the turbo 4 stroke title just yet.

Do you really think that Cat/Yamaha are the only OEM that can build a 200hp 4 stroke snowmobile engine and wedge it in a chassis, the Winder engine was shoe horned into the pro cross, that chassis was designed for a two stroke, a OEM that can design a chassis for a 4 stroke to fit right in the chassis will make for a better handling sled and a chassis that can handle the power, Polaris could do this easy where everything is in their own house, I would say Polaris wants in the 4 stroke segment but won't release till their ready, they already answered to Doo so its just a matter of time they will answer to Cat/Yamaha, Polaris does a pretty good job at kicking butt in the racing world and are the one's to beat with their crappy engines, I thought I seen some where that Polaris won the iron dog race this year, I could be mistaken though, so all in all don't count Polaris out by any means for the turbo 4 stroke title just yet.

I didn't say they can't build one, just pointing out that Yamaha is an engine builder first and foremost. That being said I don't feel Polaris or anyone else will build a better 4 stroke performance motor in this arena CC for CC.

Yamaha for sure hands down as a engine builder don't get any better, as long as they stop sourcing from Subaru for some engines and china for parts.

DD774C00-53E9-4826-A284-8EB8134979CE.jpeg
D0E84130-56EA-40A1-8EE3-BC65B620021A.jpeg

Back