• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cat has had a hard time standing on their own two feet, before Textron took over Cat it looked like Cat was doing good then the share holders completely raped any moneys they had in their reserves and sold out to Textron, talk about Cat pride, now Yamaha has one shoulder and Textron has the other trying to hold them up, Yamaha is still hanging on to one shoulder for a reason, if it was up to Textron Cats snow division they would let them drop to the floor but they have to stay face as they may have a buyer for the snow division and it just may NOT be Yamaha,, Pro Bass is in the picture now using Cat atvs and SXS in their tracker line, also I heard CF Moto may be throwing their hat into the ring, they are asking questions about Textron's snowmobile division, that would make things interesting, CF Winder... lol

Cat has had a hard time standing on their own two feet, before Textron took over Cat it looked like Cat was doing good then the share holders completely raped any moneys they had in their reserves and sold out to Textron, talk about Cat pride, now Yamaha has one shoulder and Textron has the other trying to hold them up, Yamaha is still hanging on to one shoulder for a reason, if it was up to Textron Cats snow division they would let them drop to the floor but they have to stay face as they may have a buyer for the snow division and it just may NOT be Yamaha,, Pro Bass is in the picture now using Cat atvs and SXS in their tracker line, also I heard CF Moto may be throwing their hat into the ring, they are asking questions about Textron's snowmobile division, that would make things interesting, CF Winder... lol
Wow, I've never heard so many conspiracy theories. What exactly do you mean when stating 'it looked like Cat was doing good then the shareholders completely raped any monies they had'. I'm not sure you understand how publicly traded companies work. If I had shares in Cat, or any company for that matter with a failing business, for sure I would sell to salvage what I still have.

I read a article from Snow Trax magazine on the selling of Cat to Textron found it rather interesting, that was pretty much my take on the article.

CF Moto buys AC snow biz would be a good thing. Yamaha would be forced to stand alone and get off the fence. AC snow division gets ownership that cares and wants to be in the snowmobile business. Who knows maybe CF Moto would buy 4s snowmobile engines from Yamaha not like snowmobile engines are growing on trees that fit the procross.

I'm not sure but I think CF moto is involved in a company that makes medium sized sleds like 250-300cc can't think of the name brand, Yamaha may stay with Cf moto if this goes down, just think of the access to cheap Chinese parts for the pro cross and charge big money for the chassis, major profit.

Premier was a Chinese 3/4 4s snowmobile that was realized 2009 or so. I thought the sales in the USA failed mainly lack of established dealer network. I don’t know what happened after that seemed to disappear in USA. They used 4s engines could have been CF Moto engines.

I believe they are called Phantom snowmobiles and assembled here in Canada, and there is a few around here I have seen on the trail that seem to work very well, CF Moto has come along way, my buddy has a two up atv he bought last year from CF Moto its a 800 twin, very well built and loaded with options, stage 4 Elka shocks and Cvt clutching to name a few, works very well, it would be good for Cat if this happens.

What did you end paying for it if you dont't mine out the door.
After playing the I’m not interested game with the salesman out the door price with a new jacket gloves and bibs $10K even. The salesman even threw in a belt and an oil change. I’m probably gonna put a set of C&A pros on and can’t decide if I’m either gonna stud it or go with an ice ripper or ice cobra possibly a set of fox shox

Man o man don't you guys get sick and tired of talking about this stuff, non of you have anything backing your statements it's all fake news. Please give it a rest.

Ya exactly guys give it a rest. You should only be posting what this guy wants to talk about in an open forum. #$%&*

Ya exactly guys give it a rest. You should only be posting what this guy wants to talk about in an open forum. #$%&*
The speculation stops when Yamaha and Textron release a pubic statement regarding the near future strategy linked to the long term future of the both Yamaha and AC snow divisions. The stroke of a pen changes everything with theses 2 companies and the consumer is waiting for clarification too easy to end it all for both companies. I’m sure the working arrangement and relationship will change so anyone’s guess thus the current ongoing discussions. I don’t have any problem with any opinions or rumors of what others think or have heard. Imo bring it on.

The speculation stops when Yamaha and Textron release a pubic statement regarding the near future strategy linked to the long term future of the both Yamaha and AC snow divisions. The stroke of a pen changes everything with theses 2 companies and the consumer is waiting for clarification too easy to end it all for both companies. I’m sure the working arrangement and relationship will change so anyone’s guess thus the current ongoing discussions. I don’t have any problem with any opinions or rumors of what others think or have heard. Imo bring it on.

Exactly.

I think when they are so tight lipped about the future the custumers hold the money in their wallet and dont dare to buy when they dont know how long they will get parts and service. Ohh,parts you dont get anymore,allmost everything on the Sidewinder is mounths on backorder!

Last edited:
I think when they are so tight lipped about the future the custumers hold the money in their wallet and dont dare to buy when they dont know how long they will get parts and service. Ohh,parts you dont get anymore,allmost everything on the Sidewinder is mounths on backorder!
When parts are on backorder on a product they are having major issues with that product, their are alot more owners of winders and Vipers that are not on this forum that are having major mental meltdowns where they just payed 18 grand of their hard earned money for a top of the line sled from Yamaha that they cannot ride, they are waiting for parts on back order that should have never failed, so they wait and watch the winter tick on by looking at Ski Doo brochures wondering why and how they ever got talked into trading in their Apex.

Id look at buying a new Ski Doo to if I was still driving a Apex. It is very easy to find parts for Vipers and Winders you just need to know where to look instead of running your mouth saying there not available. I'm thourly convinced that some of you guys have nothing better to do with your time than to come on here and try and start trouble. The things you talk about have nothing to do with the post.

Last edited:
Id look at buying a new Ski Doo to if I was still driving a Apex. It is very easy to find parts for Vipers and Winders you just need to know where to look instead of running your mouth saying there not available. I'm thourly convinced that some of you guys have nothing better to do with your time than to come on here and try and start trouble. The things you talk about have nothing to do with the post.
True. After six years, there are still some that are upset that Yamaha and Cat are working together and also that Yamaha isn't coming out with an all-Japan model.
What can I say....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back