• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great I'll take 2 no way am I buying into that BRP carp this guy don't drink the kool aid. What ever they are supposed to be bringing out to compete with the Winder better be a 4 stroke cause the 2 stroke turbo will not last.

If doo comes out with a big hp sled there will be winders for sale by the thousands! Game changer, more like game over...

They’d have to put a bigger blower on the current 900 and get rid of the wireless throttle. Beyond that I’m not sure what the big HP potential is with that motor without doing internal work? As we know with the Winder/TCat machines, seems there are more flashed ones than stock ones out there so it’s a no brainer owners will do the same with the Doo.

If doo comes out with a big hp sled there will be winders for sale by the thousands! Game changer, more like game over...
I have to agree with this especially in the mountain market where 4 strokes are already non-existent. The new turbo doo is very appealing to me. I'm just not a fan of the chassis much. What a lot of people don't understand is at 10000' the 850 engines are only making 120hp. To be able to have stock "sea level" power at 10000' is amazing and thats usually more then enough power for the average rider.

That's all great for you guys that do the deep. Doesn't effect us low evalation trail riders that 850 turbo will not hold up.

Doo will never be able to build an engine like Yamaha can. No manufacturer can. I would have to think we pay a bit of a premium when we buy a Yamaha.

Seen a article in Snow Tech Mag on a 900T with 20,000 miles still going strong, other than regular maintenance, that say's something about the Ace platform, Doo sells the most 4 strokes sleds not Yamaha, Yamaha makes very good engines that are hard to match but other brands are close.. real close.

To be honest I have looked at the 900 and 900t and like them, The apex does not need to be bragged about it has earned its engine place at the top of the reliability chain, your so called Cat Viper you have will never come close to that, do your self a favor stop at the next Doo dealer ship and try and trade that Cat Viper of yours they may give you 5 bucks for it on a trade in. :)

He has a point. The Yamaha employees that I've talked to usually basically chant the 4 stroke mantra and drank the kool aid. Honestly I wonder if Yamaha lost its way a little by the all 4-stroke shift in the products and dropping out mid sized stuff. A lot of buyers seem to have become alienated from the brand as a direct result of the 4 stroke urban legend effect, and it's now almost a generation since. How healthy was that in the end really? I understand that there are many faithful adherents as well (I'm one of them), I'm not stating this observation in black and white terms. But the whole picture shows where the market share is, for better or worse by that measure. I heard that my entire province got only 30 new Yamaha sleds this year. All that said, maybe I'm missing something. I probably am. I don't have a magical perfect vision in my chair as Joe Schmoe. Maybe the engineers have been cooking up some really mind blowing stuff for another cycle of big splash->BNG->Repeat. Even that sounds too cynical. Cmon Jaret, be good to us man.

Seen a article in Snow Tech Mag on a 900T with 20,000 miles still going strong, other than regular maintenance, that say's something about the Ace platform, Doo sells the most 4 strokes sleds not Yamaha, Yamaha makes very good engines that are hard to match but other brands are close.. real close.

I am sure it's a good motor, probably not the potential of the 1200 if they had continued to develop that one but we have all heard the history there with some royalties going to Petronas. The 900 is totally BRP and not a joint effort the way I understand it. That being said I ran into a guy in the UP with a brand new 900T Renegade outside of Vansville Bar last month. He was with a group of Ski Doo riders. I walked up to him and asked how he liked it. There was a lot of humming, groaning...mumbling. He said "it sure doesn't go the way I expected it to". I asked what he meant. He said his buddies new 850 E-Tec kicks it's azz. I followed with...hmm the reports were that it was a bit quicker/faster stock for stock. He said nope.....then proceeded to tell me he had it flashed to 200HP and the 850 still takes him. All I said is, "sure sounds like something isn't right with it".

He also mentioned the hesitation it has which I keep hearing about.....wireless throttle.

I am sure it's a good motor, probably not the potential of the 1200 if they had continued to develop that one but we have all heard the history there with some royalties going to Petronas. The 900 is totally BRP and not a joint effort the way I understand it. That being said I ran into a guy in the UP with a brand new 900T Renegade outside of Vansville Bar last month. He was with a group of Ski Doo riders. I walked up to him and asked how he liked it. There was a lot of humming, groaning...mumbling. He said "it sure doesn't go the way I expected it to". I asked what he meant. He said his buddies new 850 E-Tec kicks it's azz. I followed with...hmm the reports were that it was a bit quicker/faster stock for stock. He said nope.....then proceeded to tell me he had it flashed to 200HP and the 850 still takes him. All I said is, "sure sounds like something isn't right with it".

He also mentioned the hesitation it has which I keep hearing about.....wireless throttle.
There is a lot of BRP sleds on the trails in this neck of the woods and seeing more 900 aces also, talked to a guy on the trail the other day on a new 900 ace sport expedition and he found the throttle took some getting use to, but liked the sled a lot, had decent power 95 hp and very good on fuel he had 2000 miles on so far this season, the sled fit his riding style and was very pleased with his purchase, I must say I liked his sled and options he had.

To be honest I have looked at the 900 and 900t and like them, The apex does not need to be bragged about it has earned its engine place at the top of the reliability chain, your so called Cat Viper you have will never come close to that, do your self a favor stop at the next Doo dealer ship and try and trade that Cat Viper of yours they may give you 5 bucks for it on a trade in. :)
Ya, the engine is super reliable.
Same old story with the Apex, not only did the suspension and chassis suck as well as being nicknamed 'rx ton' in its early form, the chassis and suspension were also the highest maintenance of all brands.
I didn't mind though as the constant fixing made me a lot of dough in my shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back