• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well they actually have more 2 strokes, which is answering the customer demands. On top
Of a mountain sled.

problem is it’s Cat motors. I make this assumption by the fact the specs say “Team” clutching.

Crazy one of the best motor builders has to borrow motors from Cat.

strong showing of new models, despite not being purebred Yamaha.

I say an improvement over recent years.

Well they actually have more 2 strokes, which is answering the customer demands. On top
Of a mountain sled.

problem is it’s Cat motors. I make this assumption by the fact the specs say “Team” clutching.

Its one thing to have a machine built by another manufacturer, but have your motor in it. I'm cool with that (obviously)...but to call a machine your own, when you have done nothing to it? Its actually pretty funny! hahaha So happy I bought found mine at the end of the year promo, cause the "new" Winders are different colour, that's it!

I’ve been a dedicated long time Yamaha guy. I’ve owned pretty much every trail sled they made since the late 90’s to now. I’ve owned Yamaha motorcycles, generators, ATV’s and have a Yamaha boat. However I must finally give my 2 cents regarding their snowmobile line up. Although my Sidewinder is an amazing machine, it is built with cheap parts designed by Arctic Cat and the issues that everyone has had with these sleds goes without a care from Yamaha. I was a diehard Yamaha buyer because of their dependability, durability, fit & finish and technology they had that far surpassed the others. I guess those days are over. My next sled will now be a Ski Doo. Are they perfect? No but their fit and finish is pretty good. Their innovation is far beyond everyone else. They even have the best accessories in the business where they make their bulk of money I’m sure. I am not writing this so other forum member can agree or disagree with me. Most agree these days. I am writing this in hopes Yamaha Corp. reads this and realizes they’ve lost another customer. Their 2021 release is as I expected except now they are adding the 800cc AC motor to their lineup. Pathetic. Yamaha was the best engine builder period but has to resort to using Arctic Cat motors and chassis. There is no way Yamaha will be able to recoup the market share they’ve lost during this partnership. They may have made Arctic Cat a better company by getting them to step up on some quality issues but they’ve made Yamaha the #4 manufacturer of snowmobiles or at least tied at #3 since they make nothing of their own anymore. I’m seeing more Ski-Doo growth than I’ve ever seen before. But what is worse is I am seeing more and more Yamaha and Arctic Cat dealers discontinuing their franchise agreements. It’s a sad day for me. I wanted to believe they had something “all new” in 2021. You can’t grow a business on vipers and sidewinders that sit in a chassis that is going on 9 years old put together with cheap parts that aftermarket companies have to come up with solutions to fix because of engineering flaws.
I’ll come back Yamaha when Yamaha builds the sled from the ground up.

Message to YAMAHA and Arctic Cat:

Instead of two brands, just call them YAMACAT from 2022... more simple that way!
And then you will also save on the graphics department!

These suggestions is free of charge!
Cheers!

Of a mountain sled.

They could have at least re-tooled the engine with cat and made it an 850. Consumers more likely to go with the 850's from Pol and Doo, and the Doo turbo mountain 850.

If a Cat chassis with a Yamaha engine = Yamacat, what does an Arctic Cat snowmobile with Yamaha stickers equal? Artificial Excellence?????

I have one question, why would anybody buy a new Yamaha sled when they our money ahead buying a Cat? Would someone please help me feel better in answering this question. Is there anything that is new that Yamaha developed on these new models? Is that truly a new ski that "YAMAHA" developed? This is sickening!

Whelp.... I didn't win a free hat for my prediction .

And my old DB I & II junk will be serving me quite well for another season or 10.
I'm going threw the 2021 predictions now, the winner of a totally Yamaha hat will be released soon.

Couldn't agree more ... Have had the same thought many times before. I think CR saw the writing on the wall and exited because the timing was right for him. Should send a message to anyone thinking there is hope for Yamaha's sled division.
Chris Reid is still involved with their online sled specs and at least one commercial. He might be peeking out thru a helmet on a sled at the end of one of the 2021 sled videos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back