• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is true. I've run into avid sledders this season that don't realize my Winder is 3/4 Cat.

Well guy's... after some intense considerations The winner of the TY HAT IS....SIDESHOWBOB... CONGRADULATIONS!!! I will say also that TY has offered to donate this hat, so a big thank you to Mr Sled and TY, Side show bob please contact Mr Sled and give him your mailing info, thankyou to all that participated.

I posted on our FB group about brand loyalty coming to an end for us here. Its sad. Impossible to have newer Yamaha machines for the entire family that fit the individual. Turns my stomach to think im gonna open the garage door and along with all the proaction sleds and my boosted Viper im gonna see a another brand sitting next to them.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't have anything against the partnership, what really rubs my arsehole with turpentine is the shortcomings of that damn drivetrain.

It's pitiful that after 6 (7 model years) the same BS exists with the chaincase and driveshaft and Yamaha allows it to continue.

But hey!!!! New single keel Yamaha ski, so it's all good.

I have one question, why would anybody buy a new Yamaha sled when they our money ahead buying a Cat? Would someone please help me feel better in answering this question. Is there anything that is new that Yamaha developed on these new models? Is that truly a new ski that "YAMAHA" developed? This is sickening!

Is the strike/stryke ski new, or is it a rebranded pro-cross ski from AC?

:(Gonna be a long week!!!
Guess my Nytro is gonna get a few more miles next season!!:yam:

My thoughts on the 2021 release.....

Well, I was brought up to say that if you don’t have anything nice to say that you shouldn’t say anything at all.

Let’s just say that Yamaha gave me no reason to get rid of our two SideWinder’s for anything that they offer. I’m quite happy with them, but wouldn’t mind an upgrade to consider.

We see Polaris and Ski Doo upping their game once again next season to offer their loyalists reasons to upgrade.

I was really hoping that YAMAHA would be offering something this season other than a new ski design.

Damn....I’ve already said too much.

Last edited:
C'mon guys....after reading everyone's reactions, all I could think of was former VP Spiro Agnew's "nattering nabobs of negativism" quote. Give Yamaha a break and look on the bright side. 1. The Yamaha line-up "expanded" over last year, so there is still hope for the future. 2. Most of us were already convinced that the only new sled would be a re-badged Blast, which we did get, but we also got a re-badged Alpha One. The Alpha One may be the best mountain sled in the business; granted it is a Cat 2-stroke, but the mountain guys were crying for a 2-stroke mountain sled in blue, and they got it. That was an unexpected bonus. 3. It may only be BNG on some of the models, but I see a lot of blue, and they look sharp. 4. Yamaha is still making the best 4-stroke sleds in the business, and they are back for another year.

Is the Cat Pro Cross chassis perfect? No, but I don't know of any other manufacturer's chassis that is "perfect." All I know is that I now have just shy of 5,000 miles on my 2019 Sidewinder, and every one of those miles has brought a smile to my face. I have never had a sled that handled as well, rode as comfortably, or got me where I was going as fast as the Sidewinder. I just rode my Sidewinder another 490+ miles on Saturday-Sunday, and at 69 years of age, I am tired from the trip, but not from the ride.

Yamaha may not be delivering what you personally want in a sled, but the fact is that they are delivering amazing sleds that still make riding fun. I for one, am still proud to wear my Yamaha jacket on the trails.

So hears an idea ! Sell the 1049cc engine to Polaris so I can get a reliable chassis and a dependable engine ! I've been waiting for Arctic cat to fix there problems and that is not happened! So become a Engine supplier to the other guys and call it good !

C'mon guys....after reading everyone's reactions, all I could think of was former VP Spiro Agnew's "nattering nabobs of negativism" quote. Give Yamaha a break and look on the bright side. 1. The Yamaha line-up "expanded" over last year, so there is still hope for the future. 2. Most of us were already convinced that the only new sled would be a re-badged Blast, which we did get, but we also got a re-badged Alpha One. The Alpha One may be the best mountain sled in the business; granted it is a Cat 2-stroke, but the mountain guys were crying for a 2-stroke mountain sled in blue, and they got it. That was an unexpected bonus. 3. It may only be BNG on some of the models, but I see a lot of blue, and they look sharp. 4. Yamaha is still making the best 4-stroke sleds in the business, and they are back for another year.

Is the Cat Pro Cross chassis perfect? No, but I don't know of any other manufacturer's chassis that is "perfect." All I know is that I now have just shy of 5,000 miles on my 2019 Sidewinder, and every one of those miles has brought a smile to my face. I have never had a sled that handled as well, rode as comfortably, or got me where I was going as fast as the Sidewinder. I just rode my Sidewinder another 490+ miles on Saturday-Sunday, and at 69 years of age, I am tired from the trip, but not from the ride.

Yamaha may not be delivering what you personally want in a sled, but the fact is that they are delivering amazing sleds that still make riding fun. I for one, am still proud to wear my Yamaha jacket on the trails.
Yamaha is delivering sleds that are made by Cat....., the only thing you are getting with these new "Yamahas" from Yamaha are the decals. Why not just buy a Cat and save some money?!

Are we sure that the 800 is IN FACT the cat motor? Please post facts to support your reply
The Yamaha website says it is a 794 cc engine, which is the exact same cc as the Cat 800. If it is not the Cat motor, I would be shocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back