• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a frigging joke, Yamacat was one thing, but an Arctic Cat with yamaha stickers?!?! Id literally be embarrassed to drive it. C-ya later yamaha, was fun while it lasted, onto something different, you've become the laughing stock of sledding...

gifts-for-poop-loving-friends-main-1515522329.jpg

So the LEs all have the electronic adjustable suspension?

I am glad I don't have my helmet on! It's hard to get the puke out of it!

There is a lot of badge engineering in this lineup.

Yikes.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AN ARTIC CAT WITH YAMAHA STICKERS..WHY BOTHER?:dunno:#$%&*

These releases are so vague. What is the top speed of the venom? Its a 400 2 smoke, how much power? How light of weight? It has a 11.7 gal tank so it must use some fuel?

This whole lineup....they just continue to confuse me???? They need to buy cat from textron take it back to Japan, put in what works (yammie drivetrain) to make it reliable again and set a focus and goal for how they become #1 leveraging their extremely LOYAL fan base and all the converts that left them behind. That would start with some INTENSE customer feedback. They should also offer more packages for shocks on different models. Since they are getting good at BNG they should also offer every model with a couple color options including black available on all.

I guess its good they are still in business...

How on earth do these guys feel good at night about putting names on these Arctic Cat sleds that come from work done by Yamaha engineers in the 90s?

Where is the innovation here? There’s 79 different trail Sidewinders and badge engineering.

Icky!

These releases are so vague. What is the top speed of the venom? Its a 400 2 smoke, how much power? How light of weight? It has a 11.7 gal tank so it must use some fuel?

This whole lineup....they just continue to confuse me???? They need to buy cat from textron take it back to Japan, put in what works (yammie drivetrain) to make it reliable again and set a focus and goal for how they become #1 leveraging their extremely LOYAL fan base and all the converts that left them behind. That would start with some INTENSE customer feedback. They should also offer more packages for shocks on different models. Since they are getting good at BNG they should also offer every model with a couple color options including black available on all.

It's good that they are still in business? I think they would be better getting out of the sled business and saving some face then continue to rebadge Cats and go down when Textron pulls the plug on them!

Way too much work, it’s much easier to rebrand an Arctic Cat as a Yamaha. Your average Joe will assume it’s better quality due to the fact it’s a Yamaha. I believe people on this site are well versed and educated on what the differences are between the too, your average Yamaha owner not so much.
I have talked to many new Yamaha owners and you would be surprised as too how uneducated they are about the differences between AC and Yamaha.

Either way Yamaha is running the brand into the ground, just making profits based on their old reputation.

This is what companies do just before they sell out or go under, all about zero development and maximum profit.

Just running the brand into the ground.

I’ve been a dedicated long time Yamaha guy. I’ve owned pretty much every trail sled they made since the late 90’s to now. I’ve owned Yamaha motorcycles, generators, ATV’s and have a Yamaha boat. However I must finally give my 2 cents regarding their snowmobile line up. Although my Sidewinder is an amazing machine, it is built with cheap parts designed by Arctic Cat and the issues that everyone has had with these sleds goes without a care from Yamaha. I was a diehard Yamaha buyer because of their dependability, durability, fit & finish and technology they had that far surpassed the others. I guess those days are over. My next sled will now be a Ski Doo. Are they perfect? No but their fit and finish is pretty good. Their innovation is far beyond everyone else. They even have the best accessories in the business where they make their bulk of money I’m sure. I am not writing this so other forum member can agree or disagree with me. Most agree these days. I am writing this in hopes Yamaha Corp. reads this and realizes they’ve lost another customer. Their 2021 release is as I expected except now they are adding the 800cc AC motor to their lineup. Pathetic. Yamaha was the best engine builder period but has to resort to using Arctic Cat motors and chassis. There is no way Yamaha will be able to recoup the market share they’ve lost during this partnership. They may have made Arctic Cat a better company by getting them to step up on some quality issues but they’ve made Yamaha the #4 manufacturer of snowmobiles or at least tied at #3 since they make nothing of their own anymore. I’m seeing more Ski-Doo growth than I’ve ever seen before. But what is worse is I am seeing more and more Yamaha and Arctic Cat dealers discontinuing their franchise agreements. It’s a sad day for me. I wanted to believe they had something “all new” in 2021. You can’t grow a business on vipers and sidewinders that sit in a chassis that is going on 9 years old put together with cheap parts that aftermarket companies have to come up with solutions to fix because of engineering flaws.
I’ll come back Yamaha when Yamaha builds the sled from the ground up.

I hope they read it as well.

Well 1 thing for sure.
Much like they have done since I Spring Surged my 2017 Sidewinder LTX -LE!
By keeping the models much the same since 2017, and only allowing the spring surge deal if you want an LE, they have helped keep the resale value of my Winder at a decent level!

All new lineup would change that fast don’t you think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back