• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes, if this happened the options could be endless for the true blues, Yamaha could also shoehorn the 998T in the new Matrix chassis like they did in the pro cross, man the true blues would have one awesome sled on our hands then , also we would have access to the 900 pro star to finally put a twin in the grizzly, this would be a win win for Yamaha, they also then could tap into Polarises market share without retooling, I can't believe Yamaha hasn't thought of this.

Yes, if this happened the options could be endless for the true blues, Yamaha could also shoehorn the 998T in the new Matrix chassis like they did in the pro cross, man the true blues would have one awesome sled on our hands then , also we would have access to the 900 pro star to finally put a twin in the grizzly, this would be a win win for Yamaha, they also then could tap into Polarises market share without retooling, I can't believe Yamaha hasn't thought of this.
Won't happen. They have Cat in bed already and vice-versa but that's as far as it will go.

People keep talking about the future with CAT.....isn't the contract expired after this year? Did they renew it or something?

Won't happen. They have Cat in bed already and vice-versa but that's as far as it will go.
Well sense Yamaha has decided to cheap out and ride on other oems skirt, why shouldn't they look further? their pride in the sled world has dollar bills over its eye's, sense their pride is gone why not whore out to Polaris, it would be a good move for their costumer base, they would up their profits gain some market share, that's what it is all about isn't it?

Well sense Yamaha has decided to cheap out and ride on other oems skirt, why shouldn't they look further? their pride in the sled world has dollar bills over its eye's, sense their pride is gone why not whore out to Polaris, it would be a good move for their costumer base, they would up their profits gain some market share, that's what it is all about isn't it?
They were both last in sales when this whole thing started. They had nothing to lose.
I just can't see Polaris ever asking for Yamaha to supply them with engines.

whats the hp for the mountain max?if yamaha tuned there own ecu's then what is the horsepower???175?

They were both last in sales when this whole thing started. They had nothing to lose.
I know you love your winder as you should, it has one if not the best 4 strokes bolted in it ever to grace the sled world bar none, but I am thinking you are a Yamaha faithful for a lot of years and I would think you would not have thrown your leg over a Cat 7 years ago, I could be wrong, but Yamaha has given the true blues no other choice but to leg over a Cat now, I 'm just thinking Yamaha should widen the spectrum, Polaris needs a purpose built 4stroke snowmobile engine that's proven, Yamaha's got them for sale, they could have the same agreement, paper does not refuse ink, this is a crazy market now a day's.

We all hear about Ski Doo and Polaris motors blowing up but I haven’t heard any news on Cats C-Tec motors letting go. How long have they been around and what’s the censous on them ?
Very good 2-stroke engines. They are very reliable engines that make great power.

I would laugh if we actually found out Yamaha owned AC sleds for years already. Everyone bitching about true Yamahas built in USA! Think about it. Why would they tell us? I would not. $ to be made from both.
Kennedy said back at Haydays press conference that AC snow biz is NOT for sale and and a bunch of new sleds coming which did happen. OEM partners always consulting with each other so no surprise that they have been interacting. Why would Textron sell AC and to who? Yamaha already drinking the milk no sense in buying the cow. Not going to happen.

I know you love your winder as you should, it has one if not the best 4 strokes bolted in it ever to grace the sled world bar none, but I am thinking you are a Yamaha faithful for a lot of years and I would think you would not have thrown your leg over a Cat 7 years ago, I could be wrong, but Yamaha has given the true blues no other choice but to leg over a Cat now, I 'm just thinking Yamaha should widen the spectrum, Polaris needs a purpose built 4stroke snowmobile engine that's proven, Yamaha's got them for sale, they could have the same agreement, paper does not refuse ink, this is a crazy market now a day's.
Polaris is not interested in 4 sleds holding strong #2 place in the market with their 2s. I’m sure Yamaha is in contact with Polaris but the answer is constantly no too small of a market to develop a 4s sled. Talk 4s to a Polaris factory rep and they look at you like your nuts.... not going to happen anytime soon just don’t want or need it.

I know some of the inside story when the relationship first got started with Cat. A hint is when CJ Ramsted died and some Yamaha and Cat guys met at his funeral and a discussed some things. Obviously there were many other things that fueled the partnership.

The one thing I always think about but have never heard anything official was the Japan Tsunami in 2011. We heard stories of all sorts of supply chain issues in Japan with Honda cars, etc. I always wondered how this effected Yamaha? It could have very well been one more reason to start the Cat relationship. If they lost some supply chains in Japan maybe some of them were never re-established...?

People keep talking about the future with CAT.....isn't the contract expired after this year? Did they renew it or something?
Contract is ongoing as explained by jarret. No end and really no conditions on either party as I understand other than what’s bought parts have to be supplied for two years. A true partnership or maybe even more. It’s run like a division. Like GMC with Chevy.

Kennedy said back at Haydays press conference that AC snow biz is NOT for sale and and a bunch of new sleds coming which did happen. OEM partners always consulting with each other so no surprise that they have been interacting. Why would Textron sell AC and to who? Yamaha already drinking the milk no sense in buying the cow. Not going to happen.
Maybe they don’t need to buy if current contract is good enough and it seems to be to me.

Guys I think we are all missing something here.

Has anyone else noticed that Cat very quietly redesigned the 800 C-TEC2? Recall they pioneered the fuel injection system with the slot in the Piston which to me, looks like is gone now:

"Apparently the 2020 800 CTEC engine gets new cylinders, heads and pistons. The reason for this was not clearly explained." (Supertaxmag.com)

Just what if, somewhere along the way YAMAHA had something to do with it?

Think about it!

PS

Thank you Jared for giving us all some more context. Obviously we are all a passionate bunch of Yamaha fans and it shows. Cheers man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back