• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A guess. But you must have spoken with Steve’s Sports & Auto. He is a customer of mine and I respect his opinion. For what it’s worth.
No, I've bought LOTS of toys from Steve's. Usually the can am skidoo side, great guys. I buy my yammi's south of here, not gonna throw a name out and have them hear shite......but they are great guys, been buying from them since 2003

Last rant. Could you imagine if Ram, Ford, Chev, Toyota, etc, was expected to have the updates and new models every year that US primadonna sled heads expect! good lord! nobody could make a dime or compete re-tooloing every year or even every 3-5 years. I can't imagine what it would cost to retool every couple years, and if they all did, could you imagine the cost trickled down to us!!!!! We all already p!ss and moan about sled costs! My two cents, if you want a brand new, totally revamped sled line every 1-2 years, you shouldn't complain or blink an eye at $30k for a premium sled. I've said enough, you wanna play you gotta pay.

Sorry never finished that thought the new Titan while improved isn’t head and shoulders above the competition so it still doesn’t sell . Whatever Yamaha does has to be better in terms of ride and handling then skidoo/ Polaris or like the Titan it won’t sell

and as i priced all trucks when i bought my 2019 f150, nissan priced the spec i needed for a titan $20000.00 higher with too many options for what i need.

all the new sleds look good and the venom would appeal to me if i was in the market for a new sled as that size is the most fun in the off trail/breaking trail where i could use an update in the fleet.

Last rant. Could you imagine if Ram, Ford, Chev, Toyota, etc, was expected to have the updates and new models every year that US primadonna sled heads expect! good lord! nobody could make a dime or compete re-tooloing every year or even every 3-5 years. I can't imagine what it would cost to retool every couple years, and if they all did, could you imagine the cost trickled down to us!!!!! We all already p!ss and moan about sled costs! My two cents, if you want a brand new, totally revamped sled line every 1-2 years, you shouldn't complain or blink an eye at $30k for a premium sled. I've said enough, you wanna play you gotta pay.
I agree plus the fact that there are so many segments. Trail true crossover utility and mountain. It’s a hard nut to crack especially when everyone who comments are a third at Best who Buy new

I don’t think anyone is expecting a new chassis every 2 years bro. What they are expecting is Yamaha reliability not some rebranded pos arctic cat with a garbage warranty for $5k more. Many of the issues are simple to fix but have not been addressed.
I think it’s hilarious how the tuner skis were the best thing since sliced bread when released, now we’re going back to the single carbide skis. It just goes to show the latest isn’t always the greatest. Seems to me companies feel the need to bring changes to everything nowadays even if it isn’t for the better.
As consumers we need to stop demanding stupid gadgets and focus on wanting quality, reliable products. I can do without a gps television dash screen, that plays back video of me passing all my buddies on the trail, if I know my machine is reliable.
I’m soooo tired of stupid $hit like cars that park themselves......how about brakes that last 100k miles?

Most of you guys wouldn’t be happy no matter what Yamaha built. If it was “pure japan Yamaha” you would be picking that apart in a week also. I’ve never rode anything but Yamaha and have had my fair share of problems with the “pure” Yamaha and their quality parts and “fit and finish”. (Viper hood to belly pan BS ring a bell). That was great fit and finish. The “NEW” and here to stay Yamaha is awesome. This chassis is a dream to ride and does have small problems. The Yamaha engines are awesome also with problems. But overall is 10 times better then anything Yamaha or cat has ever released including the archaic 4 holer that many wont let go of. I for one am hoping for a Yamaha version of the riot with the c-tech 800 in it. I have hope seeing more 2 strikes were introduced. Who care who made it and what engine is in it. And if it costs more so be it, I’ll be in line buying 2! I think a lot of people around here need to settle down and reel it in. Yamaha will never build a BS “pure japan sled again” and I’m glad. Tariffs alone would drive the price up even higher. Enjoy what we have or move on. This continued bitching year after year is old. I feel jarret and Yamaha are starting to feel the same way.

Most of you guys wouldn’t be happy no matter what Yamaha built. If it was “pure japan Yamaha” you would be picking that apart in a week also. I’ve never rode anything but Yamaha and have had my fair share of problems with the “pure” Yamaha and their quality parts and “fit and finish”. (Viper hood to belly pan BS ring a bell). That was great fit and finish. The “NEW” and here to stay Yamaha is awesome. This chassis is a dream to ride and does have small problems. The Yamaha engines are awesome also with problems. But overall is 10 times better then anything Yamaha or cat has ever released including the archaic 4 holer that many wont let go of. I for one am hoping for a Yamaha version of the riot with the c-tech 800 in it. I have hope seeing more 2 strikes were introduced. Who care who made it and what engine is in it. And if it costs more so be it, I’ll be in line buying 2! I think a lot of people around here need to settle down and reel it in. Yamaha will never build a BS “pure japan sled again” and I’m glad. Tariffs alone would drive the price up even higher. Enjoy what we have or move on. This continued bitching year after year is old. I feel jarret and Yamaha are starting to feel the same way.

Couldn’t agree more.

We all hear about Ski Doo and Polaris motors blowing up but I haven’t heard any news on Cats C-Tec motors letting go. How long have they been around and what’s the censous on them ?

I don’t think anyone is expecting a new chassis every 2 years bro. What they are expecting is Yamaha reliability not some rebranded pos arctic cat with a garbage warranty for $5k more. Many of the issues are simple to fix but have not been addressed.
I think it’s hilarious how the tuner skis were the best thing since sliced bread when released, now we’re going back to the single carbide skis. It just goes to show the latest isn’t always the greatest. Seems to me companies feel the need to bring changes to everything nowadays even if it isn’t for the better.
As consumers we need to stop demanding stupid gadgets and focus on wanting quality, reliable products. I can do without a gps television dash screen, that plays back video of me passing all my buddies on the trail, if I know my machine is reliable.
I’m soooo tired of stupid $hit like cars that park themselves......how about brakes that last 100k miles?
;)!

Yes just be glad we got what we got from Yamaha, I was thinking.. where Yamaha has invested so much money and time and their engineers worked countless hours around the clock into getting us back into 2 strokes for their loyal true blues I wonder if they would consider offering a blue painted and Yamaha stickered 850 or 650 Switchback assault 146 in the new chassis or heck even the RMK 174 850, Yamaha could just remap the engine paint it blue, and sticker it, heck I would pay a extra 2-$3000 bucks for one of them, How about YAMAHA!!! ;)!

I'm well aware that there is always a chance that my SW will blow a top gear bushing. I've been proactive and taken care of the other know issues.

I know a guy who just blew a jackshaft bearing on his 2020 Indy 850 with 3,500 miles on it. They can all break at any given time.

When I grab a thumb full of throttle on my Sidewinder, I have a huge grin in my helmet. The sled may have Cat DNA, but I don't care. It's my favorite "Yamaha" to date. If Yamaha came out with there own sled again, it would have huge shoes to fill for me.

Yes just be glad we got what we got from Yamaha, I was thinking.. where Yamaha has invested so much money and time and their engineers worked countless hours around the clock into getting us back into 2 strokes for their loyal true blues I wonder if they would consider offering a blue painted and Yamaha stickered 850 or 650 Switchback assault 146 in the new chassis or heck even the RMK 174 850, Yamaha could just remap the engine paint it blue, and sticker it, heck I would pay a extra 2-$3000 bucks for one of them, How about YAMAHA!!! ;)!

a new assult with matrix chassis and Yamaha stickers would be my dream! Don’t tease me! This is old.

Oh and I would pay 2-3 grand more but I’m my case it would be 6 grand more cause I have to buy 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back