• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When cat had suzuki motors in them did anyone ever hear someone say suzuki makes the greatest sleds ever. No because everyone new that they were cats and cats only. I just dont get why in this arrangement people are so quick to defend yamaha for putting there badges or just motors in someone elses sleds. Back in the day you had kawasaki and john deere in a joint agreement. But that partnership made sense. You had kawi motors in deere sleds but those two machines could not be more different from each other. I just wish yamaha would have kept and developed their lineup while supplying motors to cat. Im not bashing cat here i want to make that clear as so many get upset about us apex guys talking about our sleds. Cat makes a decent sled, but you sidewinder guys can litterly get all your parts from a cat dealer now. At least i would like to see yamaha bars,grips,throttle, gaugges and maybe a more quality seat cover with some stiching imbedded to seperate the two brands more. I get this is what were going to have to live with for a while but true yamaha sleds are pretty much over. When you can by a mountain max made completely by cat something is wrong. My gut feeling is yamaha got into this arrangement to catch their breath and retool, but after seeing how how much cost savings there are by not manufacturing there own chassis and r and d the big wigs at yamaha would like to keep this going long term.

When Ski Doo has half the market, then add in Polaris and the two have about 80% of the market that doesn’t leave much for Yamaha or Cat to share. As said the 2 stroke engines needed, they would not be applicable for other products in their lines so it’s clearly a bean counter decision.

If Yamaha could turn back the clock to 2002 and know what they know now would they drop the 2 strokes from their lineup? Would they go rider forward? Hard to say?

Anyone know the current world wide sled sales numbers versus 25 years ago? I have a feeling it has dwindled quite a bit.

Nice!! not sure about that truck but you won't see a Dodge label on them anywhere anymore just Ram, I think Fiat is slowly changing them, great sled haulers in style.

Living on the lake right beside the main trail in North Western Ontario the sleds are only in the sled hauler for summer storage. The Cummins only hauls the Boats or does road trips...great mileage and comfy ride.

Hey, any idea where I can get a green Venture?

4882427.jpg

https://www.k-bid.com/auction/20916/item/10

LMAO!!

Thanks! No vibration, but I'm usually at 40 mph or above. No buyers remorse.

greatwhite, happy to hear the TF worked out well for you..I must have gotten a lemon and there was no making lemonade with my TF. I ended up selling it and getting a sidewinder 2up. I got it 2 weeks ago and was lucky to get 750 miles on it before the snow gave up in New England. Just curious, did you ever hear the drone between 32-38mph?

Forgive my brief venting. I’ve been trying to interpret and contextualize all of the spectrum of reactions to Yamaha’s 2021 lineup.

There was a time when Yamaha was serious about maintaining a reputation as a manufacturer of high quality products. It is imprinted all over their literature from the 80s. And by all accounts, it worked back then. But from what I can see, the reputation has been under a lot of pressure over the past 15 years or so.

The messaging of today includes statements which suggest messages and images such as:

- We don’t make enough money off of you (and that is our fault?)
- Be happy you got what you got
- We’re trying to follow the market trends and be agile
- But also we totally rebadged some Cat collabs as Yamahas with 1 year warranties and that’s what you get and you better be grateful for it and buy them and not be mean
- Green paint and typos in promotional material
- ??

I certainly don’t mean to come off as negative. I’m a fairly hardcore kando guy. I, as others, am just experiencing some cognitive dissonance in trying to adapt my view of the Yamaha reputation to the reality of where business decisions have led it.

7F6CE559-2194-4366-8C89-D5CAFC59EABF.jpeg

Forgive my brief venting. I’ve been trying to interpret and contextualize all of the spectrum of reactions to Yamaha’s 2021 lineup.

There was a time when Yamaha was serious about maintaining a reputation as a manufacturer of high quality products. It is imprinted all over their literature from the 80s. And by all accounts, it worked back then. But from what I can see, the reputation has been under a lot of pressure over the past 15 years or so.

The messaging of today includes statements which suggest messages and images such as:

- We don’t make enough money off of you (and that is our fault?)
- Be happy you got what you got
- We’re trying to follow the market trends and be agile
- But also we totally rebadged some Cat collabs as Yamahas with 1 year warranties and that’s what you get and you better be grateful for it and buy them and not be mean
- Green paint and typos in promotional material
- ??

I certainly don’t mean to come off as negative. I’m a fairly hardcore kando guy. I, as others, am just experiencing some cognitive dissonance in trying to adapt my view of the Yamaha reputation to the reality of where business decisions have led it.

View attachment 153909
In your attachment... Now that is the Yamaha I used to know when it came to sleds, but I will add this about Yamaha, I own a newer model Grizzly 700 with the 708 engine in it, now some owners have had some big issues with this engine, Yamaha went over and above out of there way to fix this issue even owners with this engine that were out of warranty, although mine has worked flawless and free of troubles I received a memo from Yamaha stating my motor is covered to 2022 if this issue happens to my engine, mine is a 2017, that shows the pride in there ATV/UTV products and sets Yamaha apart from all others, THAT is why I think Cat is running the show when it comes to Yamaha Sleds.

Oh yes, definitely agreed. I have lots of other Yamaha stuff besides sleds, and it’s clear those are cut from a different cloth.

Oh yes, definitely agreed. I have lots of other Yamaha stuff besides sleds, and it’s clear those are cut from a different cloth.
Hey jjmoneysauce, I like your prediction on March 5 2019 on what was going to be released before 2022, you were dead on!!

What burn me more are the prices when I can get the same sled from cat for 4K less where is there?where is are head when we buy this and pay it?

I'll be in Gaspe by Sunday.
I asked my bud "what if the Corona takes off & we can't get back in the US?"
He answered "we'll just ride in Canada for a month"

That's why i ride with MR10,000 mile-a-year Lem Chisolm.

P.S: I know it's off subject, but we almost started talking about Cummings Diesels so i guess we've exhausted our opinions & thoughts anyways so TTFN
P.S2: Hopefully my next post won't be "How to melt a 2-stroke by OCD"

P.S3: TTFN=Ta Ta For Now. Can you name the movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back