• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be in Gaspe by Sunday.
I asked my bud "what if the Corona takes off & we can't get back in the US?"
He answered "we'll just ride in Canada for a month"

That's why i ride with MR10,000 mile-a-year Lem Chisolm.

P.S: I know it's off subject, but we almost started talking about Cummings Diesels so i guess we've exhausted our opinions & thoughts anyways so TTFN
P.S2: Hopefully my next post won't be "How to melt a 2-stroke by OCD"

P.S3: TTFN=Ta Ta For Now. Can you name the movie?
Poo Poo Winnie the Poo ?

4882427.jpg

https://www.k-bid.com/auction/20916/item/10

LMAO!!
My wife had that sled. 1998, we traded it and 2k cash for her 03 Rx1 lol

P.S: I know it's off subject, but we almost started talking about Cummings Diesels so i guess we've exhausted our opinions & thoughts anyways so TTFN

I told my boss I'm coming down with something so I have to self quwarentine myself for 14 days. O'h, and don't mind the 201 area code when I call in!!!

I live in west central NB, we can sled here well into April, you should be good for almost 2 more months of sledding up in the Gaspe! Enjoy! Lol

Maybe I can shed some light on how the OEM business works. I’m certain that AC and Yamaha engineers interact to a point but it does have its limits or there is little cost savings in the relationship. Yamaha is dependent on AC engineering for the chassis that is clear cut. 4s Engines are Yamahas responsibility and there is some collaboration for integration chassis and engine. Engineering costs big bucks and is not given for free to an OEM partner it is bought usually by the hour so costs are controlled. I highly doubt Yamaha had any input to AC 2s engine development that’s a clear cut AC product any 2s sled is an AC product no matter the graphics. When there are integration failures the 2 partners need to agree on who is going to fix a given problem. It appears AC has a lot more DNA in the sled integration than we first thought or Yamaha is refusing to budget the necessary funds to fix chain case and drive shaft failures. Which is it? Imo we will never know neither company is going to make that public. So those that say Yamaha has designed this or that is just their opinion you will never know for sure.

Any bets on whether the sneak peak 2021 will be canceled in ottawa next week?
I was hoping to go but every other event is being canceled due to covid 19 virus so im just waiting to hear that will be too!

The cat chassis is a AWESOME design, the 998 is a AWESOME design. I have no hate for the partnership. I have been to TRF and they do take quality seriously, so its not a complete lack of caring. They are just SOOO close. They need about 50 of us plucked from this site in a room for 1 day and they will know what they need to make what I would consider the PERFECT sled.

After that just execute; get their best and brightest in the shop and bang heads for 60 days and they will have it. Here is what I would do. Start with the team....for my team I need the old experienced TRUE engineer that knows everything but scared to speak (this guys sits on a chair hunched over a shop bench with a grey beard barely off the floor, smoking the same cigarette for what seems like hours and grease under his nails that have been there since 1974, then we need the young gun high energy process engineer ready to fix the world this is a skinnly tall kid with cowboy boots and a pliers on his belt, he is not scared to make a change and 'git er done' in his words, then we need 2 Japanese engineers to make fun of them, and tell them how stupid they are and that they cannot build a sled and MAYBE it ends where we started....2021 reveal...OR maybe we all have a few beers and tell some old stories about how dependable Yamaha was, when it started in -180 degrees, or how we laughed when we can pick the skis up at 100 mph and shift time on boosted apexs, etc. After a fair amount of the beer the answers we seek may finally be revealed...

I will volunteer to lead this effort for free if you want Yamaha! Just ask! :)

Yamaha does not care about the snow division any more. If you scratch the hood you find the green paint! Plain and simple. Its time for the fat lady to sing. She has been humming the same tune since 2014.

An I love my 2018 Titan Pro 4X ! It's my second Titan and If they keep giving more features for 10 k less I'll buy a third :)
I Had an 04 and loved the way it’s handled and the motor . Had lots of issues with brakes and rear end seals etc. best part was the thing didn’t rust at all. now have a A 16 Chevy 1500. 5.3 in comparison I’m at 70k miles and haven’t spent a dime on maintenance, and it’s great on fuel 21-23 mpg . Motor no where near as strong as the Titan though . Since they added the 9 speed in the Titan and the upgrades to the interior I could be persuaded as long as they’ve fixed the brake and rear end issues

Stryke ski is 100% Yamaha designed, tested and sourced.

Unique to Yamaha we also have spacers under the ski rubbers of the ski (Black boxes in exploded drawing) that can be swapped to change the handling character of the ski. We will be offering accessory spacers that have varying thickness and angles. Changing the spacer will adjust the steering effort, aggressiveness of the ski, and can be tuned for snow conditions. Example: December hard packed riding vs. March riding, when the snow gets soft in the afternoon, you may want to change the way the keel is loaded based on the snow conditions.

The single keel design also gives you increased cornering confidence and light steering effort. Moving from a dual keel on the Tuner to a Single keel of the Stryke will result in a increase in darting in certain conditions, to combat this we are using a staggered carbide set up. (Not pictured)

The ski will also be available through our accessory channels if someone wants to install it on their current snowmobile.

It takes time to develop something like a new ski, we saw many customers changing their skis online, and even polled TY members to get their feedback on what skis they were running! The Stryke ski is in response to all of that feedback.

View attachment 153809

View attachment 153810

How wide is the Stryke ski? Same "body" as the Tuner but with single keel? Direct bolt-on to 2019 and older spindles and use Tuner handles and hardware? Different rubber required? Staggered carbide same bolt pattern as Cat 6" ski? Sorry about all the questions. Looking for replacement ski for wife's Viper. Love the look and handling of Yamaha blue mountain ski and white handles with 6" Woody's Ace carbide on 2019 SRX! Thanks for recommendation. Any chance of leaning on Woody's, Stud Boy or Snow Studs to produce a dual runner for Mountain Ski. Strange request but would be ideal for long, straight Northern Ontario, Quebec trails etc. Will there be any dealer previews of 2021's in Ontario now that Sneak Peek cancelled?

When they say the sled has a different fuel map and different shock calibration is like smoke and mirrors. Trying to sell you something you can't see.
Heard that story from our local artic cat dealer for the t cat verses the winder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back