• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And i bet Skidoo have parts on store,not like Yamaha that most is backordered a year
That is one of the things I don't understand. How can you sell a product and not have parts ON HAND for them? These things break and there needs to be parts available when you need them. Just imagine buying a car and the tires were on backorder for weeks? Thats not excepable. If you bust an a arm you should be able to easily get that part so you can keep riding.

How can a gauge that's easy to read, big bold display, that provides user programmable information at a glance, be a bad thing?
I agree a GPS display would be nice. As long it's Garmin based. Not like the Polaris PIID display, with ride command, which is all but useless.
One can see where you've been just fine. But why the pale yellow trails, that can not be changed, on a light gray background be effective at all?
Must have been designed by a non-riding grad student that was good a marketing themselves.

Again, an easy to read display is great. We have that now. Just need to incorporate a larger display to add a Garmin based mapping function.
Be careful what you wish for. It will happen. No whining when the option costs north of $800.00 +/-

I have zero issues with the gage on my Winder. With my Hurricane flash I can display AFR and Boost as well as all the stock features.
The only complaint I have with my 2019 X-TX LE is it doesn't have push button start...the key start ,where its located, is a real pain...otherwise its all good.

I have zero issues with the gage on my Winder. With my Hurricane flash I can display AFR and Boost as well as all the stock features.
The only complaint I have with my 2019 X-TX LE is it doesn't have push button start...the key start ,where its located, is a real pain...otherwise its all good.
I wonder if this can be changed with software. I'm going to ask TD sometime.
I sure like the push button reverse. When are four wheelers going to have a reverse this easy? I'm sick of running clumsy gear shifters.

Never said the gauges were bad. I’m sure those of you that have settled for AC fit and finish and are quite happy with your Vipers and SWs find no fault with the gauge. There is nothing unique about a Yamaha sled that is industry leading. Nothing. Think about that. Could they just pick one area of the sled and make it the best in the business? I don’t think that’s too much to ask for. And before you point out the SW engine, they share that with AC so it does not count.

Never said the gauges were bad. I’m sure those of you that have settled for AC fit and finish and are quite happy with your Vipers and SWs find no fault with the gauge. There is nothing unique about a Yamaha sled that is industry leading. Nothing. Think about that. Could they just pick one area of the sled and make it the best in the business? I don’t think that’s too much to ask for. And before you point out the SW engine, they share that with AC so it does not count.
Engine.

What engine is unique to Yamaha that is class leading? The viper and SW engines are shared with AC. My original point was about the gauges. Yamaha could have made there own to make it different and better that the AC. They couldn’t or didn’t. That’s my point.

Just add a push button in parallell with the key start. Best mod so far.

Attachments

• DSC_2358_1_1.JPG
    DSC_2358_1_1.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 113
I like that.
Where did you get the push button?
From some bike store, only important thing is that it creates a close circuit once it is pushed, working in the same way as the key when you start the sled. I can try to find one shop in the NA tomorrow, now it's night in sweden.
But it is a great mod.

barn of parts was doing an ignition relocate kit for the sidewinder and vipers sideshowbob.

just waiting to see what they bring out. happy with what i have atm but i can always look.

What engine is unique to Yamaha that is class leading? The viper and SW engines are shared with AC. My original point was about the gauges. Yamaha could have made there own to make it different and better that the AC. They couldn’t or didn’t. That’s my point.
Just because they share doesn't make it a non-Yamaha engine. The only thing I don't like about it is the stub shaft assembly, but aside from that it is an awesome turbo-specific power package capable of putting out massive numbers reliably. I can't seem to figure out all the recent dumping on this engine.

Right on 74Nitro the 998 is the best stock snowmobile engine to date. Rember the RX engine was a detuned bike engine and was not a snowmobile specific powerplant so don't play that card. The only other one in the running would be the 1100 zuk. The 1200 and 900T Ski Doo will not put up the numbers the 998 does in stock form.

The 998 is a good engine its Yamaha built, but i'm thinking you will see the 998 turbo in Yamaha's YXZ soon and in Cats sport side by side, the RX is a performance bike engine for sure but was planted in a lot of delta boxes over the years, somebody at Yamaha thought it would make a good snowmobile engine, Doo's 1200 and 900T were not designed to show the HP numbers of the 998 T, but BRP could have... easy

Really easy I wonder what the major hold up is then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back