• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Sidewinders

Hoping to order a 2021 SE this week before the state shuts down Friday night!

Looking at number of new cases and the rate that it's increasing each day , it will be shut down for a lot longer than everyone thinks .... the us is expanding very quickly, Canada looks to be picking up also

Last edited:
I know Poo and Cat shutdown their plants. I wonder what that will do to fall deliveries of the snow checks. Would suck to get your new SRX in February.

May i ask the price?
Listed for 16,899.00 -1000.00 = 15,899 woodys price. Plus added extra 2 years to warranty ( 5 year) plus the cover and 500.00 Yamaha gift card Taxes and all just under 17,000.00. Never thought I ever pay that much $$ for a sled!

Order made. And on the last day that our dealers are open. Whew!

Carbide....Congrats on pulling the trigger on your new sled.

upload_2020-3-27_18-27-17.png

Yamaha does such a great job with different colour packages. However, it makes me wonder why on earth can't Cat do the same? Why are they so stuck on black, green and purple(usually mixed together)?

Yamaha does such a great job with different colour packages. However, it makes me wonder why on earth can't Cat do the same? Why are they so stuck on black, green and purple(usually mixed together)?
I get the feeling Yamaha has some agreements likely in place with Cat in regards to the Tcat which is now the only 4s sled in common using the 998t engine.

I believe they likely wanted Cat to change the track to 1.25(leaves SRX as top speed king), and possibly wanting them to keep the colors more basic. Just a theory here but since the Snowmageddon pricing was brought out by Cat, I would think Yamaha got something from that. This way the higher price of the Yamaha is justified with a more premium look, among other things like longer warranty and killer long term financing rates that only a huge company like YAM can afford.

IMO I would still buy the Cat as the issues are known now and warranty is less an issue now.... albeit rather basic looking....it does now have 1.25 track, the option of manual Qs3's for less worry about electronic issues at a cheaper price, and mostly the TEAM clutches and gearing setup for corner to corner snap out of the box which works well for any tight trail riders, quieter and proper aligned clutch is nice.

Dan

I just picked up a 2019 SRX with 90 miles with no studs in it. Debating whether to stud it or put on a brand new 1.25 take off I bought last year?

Good luck for 2021 sled!

BRP has stop doing sled and start making ventilator. Textron is so conservative i would be suprise if they built 2021 sled...:(

Last edited:

Back