• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Sidewinders

Yamaha does such a great job with different colour packages. However, it makes me wonder why on earth can't Cat do the same? Why are they so stuck on black, green and purple(usually mixed together)?
They used to quite often offer 2 or 3 different colors per model , now only one !
Want to upgrade my 2017 LTX-LE but don't want all that orange, and navy is a slow color , on top of that !

I was considering the 2021 SE in Orange/Silver, really looks sharp. Unfortunately has cheapo shocks and could only get dealers down $300 off list. Whereas the 2021 LE and SEX was able to get $1200-1300 off list!

I just picked up a 2019 SRX with 90 miles with no studs in it. Debating whether to stud it or put on a brand new 1.25 take off I bought last year?
I have the 2019 SRX put a ice attack 1.22 track and love handling and acceleration, no sleds will keep up with this track

Will not ride a naked sled and ice ripper is really not close to a track with “real” studs. Just don’t want to give up 3-4mph with the 1.25 Rip II but afraid of the loss of traction from the Rip I 1”. Also, the Rip II is a way better track than the Rip I even with 1.25 Rip I.

I was considering the 2021 SE in Orange/Silver, really looks sharp. Unfortunately has cheapo shocks and could only get dealers down $300 off list. Whereas the 2021 LE and SEX was able to get $1200-1300 off list!
I just ordered the SE. I got $1,100 off msrp.
I can always upgrade the shocks if I feel they aren't very good. But I know 2 people that have an SE and they feel those Fox shocks are plenty good.

Yeah I likely wouldn't have ordered at $300 off either.
I really would've ordered the L-TX LE but that one had a bit too much orange for me. ;)

Will not ride a naked sled and ice ripper is really not close to a track with “real” studs. Just don’t want to give up 3-4mph with the 1.25 Rip II but afraid of the loss of traction from the Rip I 1”. Also, the Rip II is a way better track than the Rip I even with 1.25 Rip I.
Ice attack track has 253 studs and will holeshot ski doo 900 turbos on lake ice and pull away with a vengeance , and when you hit the trail it will rail the corners much better than studs

Ice attack track has 253 studs and will holeshot ski doo 900 turbos on lake ice and pull away with a vengeance , and when you hit the trail it will rail the corners much better than studs

I disagree with these statements.

Maybe if the 900t has a bare track you'd run away from it on Lake ice. I've run thousands of miles on an Iceripper, and although its better than a bare track it does not hold a candle to a track with even 96 regular studs in it. On lake ice it spins on a sled with a fan cooled engine even.

I've even installed a ripper on my stock 1200 to gain a couple MPH one weekend from a track with 96 studs on it, what a waste of time and money that was, I couldn't run with any of the sleds I was running with before, the traction was not there, and I never gained enough MPH to do squat on that NA1200. I put the studded track back on the next week and went from 96 studs to 144 studs. Ice tracks although light and better than a bare track are nowhere close to regular studs.

Its does help for the ice track to be installed on a rear heavy sled though like an Apex or Winder vs. a light ski-doo, but still not like a studded track. They are decent enough for trail use as long as you know they are not close to a track with 96 regular studs in it.

Maybe if the 900t has a bare track you'd run away from it on Lake ice. I've run thousands of miles on an Iceripper, and although its better than a bare track it does not hold a candle to a track with even 96 regular studs in it. On lake ice it spins on a sled with a fan cooled engine even.

I've even installed a ripper on my stock 1200 to gain a couple MPH one weekend from a track with 96 studs on it, what a waste of time and money that was, I couldn't run with any of the sleds I was running with before, the traction was not there, and I never gained enough MPH to do squat on that NA1200. I put the studded track back on the next week and went from 96 studs to 144 studs. Ice tracks although light and better than a bare track are nowhere close to regular studs.

Its does help for the ice track to be installed on a rear heavy sled though like an Apex or Winder vs. a light ski-doo, but still not like a studded track. They are decent enough for trail use as long as you know they are not close to a track with 96 regular studs in it.
AMEN!

I ran an Ice Attack XT on my Winder for a couple of years, and while I will agree that it does a really good job on all snow conditions on groomed trails when compared to a non studded track, it does not compare to a studded track when on ice, and in fact, it will start loosing lugs soon if you try running it on ice runs.

It is impressive how this track hooks up on hard packed snow but once the trails get icy, do not try to hang with guys that have studs, or else. And on a lake that was froze over without any snow on it, just glare ice, it will not allow WOT runs without lot’s of spinning. But yes, while it lasts, it is impressive on snow packed trails and does offer more protection when compared to no studs at all.

Buddy had that same track on his Apex 136”, and it worked nice even on ice with WOT runs.

I agree with the Grumpy Dr, Knapp.
I LOVE the Pre-Studded tracks with over 14,000 hard miles on my Apex & are great for TRAIL riding.
They are lighter then a studded track & are single ply, but will lose out to studs in almost ALL drag situations.

It was HORRIBLE on my Sidewinder.
Hell, even my teenie tiny 600 Doo spins the track on hard morning trails.
It's FUN as HELL, but looser then a pet Goose you fed leftover Chili made with Carolina Reapers!

P.S: I do NOT condone the feeding of ANY animal man made spices...............................now a Habanero can be down right funny!

Been trail riding for 20 years and average 5-7000 km a year, this year has been my first year with studs, dealer convinced me to add studs on my sidewinder or I’ll end up in the hospital, so I did, 4-2-4 pattern. Rear end feels to stuck to the trail for me, gonna try the ice attack this coming year, I miss going around the corners with a bit of slip, like the good old days with the mustangs and cameros lol.
I’m strictly a tail rider so I think the ice attack will work well.

Back