• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Sidewinders

LMAO!
You know me well!
:)
Yup,its an addiction Bob most of us have it to some degree.
That is one sweet looking 998!

I have to say I thought the TCat looked better in the side view on Cats site, I don't like the looks of the TCat here. Yuck!

https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/534-turbo-4-stroke/1870840-2021-thundercat.html#post20415820

I'll be riding my 2017 for quite some time as I have it working so well now! I don't care what anyone came out with!
I agree Mike,same here my sled now that the xs825 and updated clutching is working,she stays in my garage too.

Correct....that was a 1.25 mile run.
Now thats the distance i like to run Glenn,amazing you can hit those speeds,just awsome how well these SRX,s run with the 1" track and lower skid,man very nice,how are your electric shocks holding up? Glenn i dont have my gear chart near me what gears are you using to get the 1.72 gear ratio?

22/41 gears with 11t drivers. The drivers gear it up an additional 7.5%, which puts it at a 1.7205 ratio when comparing to 9t drivers.

I doubt they did anything to address the reliability issues pretty much every Procross has. Sad really.

New Single keel ski finally, and the tuner is finally dead and buried. That is the big news, since the 2stroke YAMs look to me to be ALL CAT. Even using TEAM clutches as the Cats do. Seems to me YAM is entirely out of the sled business and only a graphics and ski builder. Using a Cat 2s engine in a YAM sled is just sad.

Dan
No doubt!

136x1 hacksaw?

That might have worked, but I was afraid it would be too tight. I ended up going with a 144x1, which ended up being an expensive conundrum.

Pressing the drivers on was trial and error as I could not find specs anywhere. Had to mock it up, adjust, mock up, adjust and repeat. (Make sure you have a healthy press.) Once I got that debacle ironed out, it was just the beginning.

Unbeknownst to me, the 19 newer rails are different than 18 and older. Had to modify skid, purchase a custom axle, put bigger wheels, etc, etc. It works, but not sure if I would pound it for 5000 miles through 3ft moguls.

Honestly, I would have given up on this venture had it not been for Northrider, a high speed racing monster, engineering genius and a true friend. Like millions of snowmobilers, he reads this site, but unfortunately, due to his shyness, doesnt ever post. Without his skills and expertise I would given up and failed.

Looking back, the jury is still out as to whether the juice was worth the squeeze.I got the idea years ago from a post here written by Ben at TD. When he released PT in 17, he had a customer that GPSed at 136mph. He mentioned the guy had 11t drivers, but did not comment on the rest. Those guys up there in Canada do a lot of high speed racing and could probably point you in a better direction.

Lastly, my apologies to Motown, as I did not mean to hijack his thread, but did not want to leave DMC hanging either. So let's get this post back on track......2021 winders.

Last edited:
I hate to say it but you dealer is poking you on that T-Cat. Dealer here is at $14200 without Iact and $14750 with Iact . Figure tax on both sleds.

Agreed... T cat here in WI is 14,200 with the regular QRS3's.

Correct....that was a 1.25 mile run.
Now thats the distance i like to run Glenn,amazing you can hit those speeds,just awsome how well these SRX,s run with the 1" track and lower skid,man very nice,how are your electric shocks holding up? Glenn i dont have my gear chart near me what gears are you using to get the 1.72 gear ratio?
So Glenn,this sled started life as a SRX 137 w/1" lug,correct and 21/41 9 tooth drivers? But now its a stretched SRX to 144x1" lug on 11 tooth drivers 2.52 pitch,man i bet it was alot of work,did John @ Gary,s help or give advice as well? You do live near him in Caribou dont you?Have you run GPS so you now have true speed,not that 140 + speedo is not a blast too,where or what bed was you able to see those crazy speeds,oh ya what tune are you running?

So Glenn,this sled started life as a SRX 137 w/1" lug,correct and 21/41 9 tooth drivers? But now its a stretched SRX to 144x1" lug on 11 tooth drivers 2.52 pitch,man i bet it was alot of work,did John @ Gary,s help or give advice as well? You do live near him in Caribou dont you?Have you run GPS so you now have true speed,not that 140 + speedo is not a blast too,where or what bed was you able to see those crazy speeds,oh ya what tune are you running?

Know John well and his service is topnotch, but all the advice/help came from Northrider. Couldn't have done it without his intelligence and ingenuity! I have some secret testing grounds that I frequent, but I would never post where they are.

Again, let's keep the post on topic.....2021 Winders

Last edited:
I hate to say it but you dealer is poking you on that T-Cat. Dealer here is at $14200 without Iact and $14750 with Iact . Figure tax on both sleds.
First time in 30yrs I wont be on a Yamaha! Talked to both dealers. Just snow checked a T-cat with the ATAC the sidewinder LTX LE is the same sled by specs (clutching aside). The cat was over $2600 less ,out the door, than the yamaha and that is giving credit for the 500 visa card also. I can buy a lot of expensive cat belts with $2,600. I'm only getting 1 year warranty but I'll take the money up front and roll the dice. Plus the cat looks way better then blue and orange. Why you can't get good ole Yamaha blue on anything but the SRX is a big let down. All snow checks should offer more color choices.

I agree. I am wanting to order the LE because I prefer the 1.25" track, but that is too much orange for me.
I will likely order the SE as that color scheme is the right mix of colors.
BUT. If I could get Yamaha blue on the LE I would have my order in already!

I actually really like the black and gold color scheme on the GT. That would be my choice for 2021.

Back