• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 new top shaft and gear bushing

densrx

Veteran
2022 sidewinder comes with a new upper shaft,,harder and new gear bushing,,,found this image.it s in french,but it says new upper and lower shaft hardness and new top bushing,(maybe steel bushing,because of harder shaft,or needle bearing).we experimented with needle bearing,and so far the best thing we found so far.

Attachments

• shaft.jpg
    shaft.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 226

Hope so.. Anything that's a effort to improve things is good.
Appeared to me the bushing was the exact same..
After chain stretches I'm going with a 22 DMC top gear, so I will never know if its different/better

Last edited:
we will know when the part number, is new.by the looks of it,it seems to be thinner coating,maybe a harder inner bushing.

Our dealer here in Vermont has been keying the inner race and the shaft so that the bearing cannot spin on the shaft. They tried it on my Dad's 2022 SRX and said the shaft is much harder than years past.

2022-upper-gear-jpg.163151

2022 upper gear. The bushing APPEARS exactly the same as years past..
Can't really tell from looking, the bushing we use looks similar but is much tougher and fits the shaft properly.

Yea looks are deceiving. I believe its more about the width/spreading the load over a wider area on the shaft then bushing material itself. Chain tension is a factor also.
. Will a better bushing help >yes.. Making it more gas n go.

Back