• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2023 Polaris VR1 and Assault Boost

It's going to give the SRX/T-Cat a heckuva run in a drag race in stock form. However, I don't think it will be tunable and will get spanked by tuned 998's.

They can’t keep the non turbos together. They will be lots of fun when their running

This T-shirt might be appropriate for the new 850 boost owners.
20220301_063347.jpg

This T-shirt might be appropriate for the new 850 boost owners.
View attachment 166652
Seems like alot of guys are already making predictions.
How quickly y'all forget how the Winders had their share of problems that it took years to get solved.
And yes, 5 years later STILL haven't been addressed by the factory.

True, but not engines/pistons.
You're right!
I feel soooo much better about a brand new sled who's clutch rattles like it's gonna fall off! AND has KNOWN fatigue/cracking issues.
Wondering what's going to happen first; a blown belt or clutch failure that throws shrapnel as it fails at high speed!
AND requires $1,000+ aftermarket billet clutches to give their riders peace of mind.

You're right!
I feel soooo much better about a brand new sled who's clutch rattles like it's gonna fall off! AND has KNOWN fatigue/cracking issues.
Wondering what's going to happen first; a blown belt or clutch failure that throws shrapnel as it fails at high speed!
AND requires $1,000+ aftermarket billet clutches to give their riders peace of mind.
I had to laugh at this one. Another Apex guy.. but at least this one has all the mods needed for an apex in his signature. Seeing that list reminds me of all the upgrades I did to my apex's over the years to get them reliable as well.

I had to laugh at this one. Another Apex guy.. but at least this one has all the mods needed for an apex in his signature. Seeing that list reminds me of all the upgrades I did to my apex's over the years to get them reliable as well.
touche'
However, most of my mods were for added performance, or to update an older design to enjoy more modern performance expectations.
Fixing factory flaws/shortcomings was far less expensive. And didn't require vast amounts of owner R&D.

touche'
However, most of my mods were for added performance, or to update an older design to enjoy more modern performance expectations.
Fixing factory flaws/shortcomings was far less expensive. And didn't require vast amounts of owner R&D.
All good. I just found it funny. I'll never forget replacing exhaust donuts over and over. I did forget about the front end bushings wearing out and oblonging the bulkhead though. So nice once copper donuts came along and the oillite kits for the front end. Replacing the bulkhead on those was a job.
I have to agree to disagree on the cost though. It actually doesn't take much to make a winder reliable now that all the issues are known and fixes exist. Anyway... off topic.. Let's talk about someone else replacing pistons and how they have it way worse than we do. :)

All good. I just found it funny. I'll never forget replacing exhaust donuts over and over. I did forget about the front end bushings wearing out and oblonging the bulkhead though. So nice once copper donuts came along and the oillite kits for the front end. Replacing the bulkhead on those was a job.
I have to agree to disagree on the cost though. It actually doesn't take much to make a winder reliable now that all the issues are known and fixes exist. Anyway... off topic.. Let's talk about someone else replacing pistons and how they have it way worse than we do. :)
LOL
Again, the piston issue has yet to be "PROVEN"
Whatever the outcome, as some on here have already pointed out, at least their trying to be innovative!
It's a BOLD move! And if it works out, the consumer will really benefit!
And if it doesn't, well, I think it's fair to say that Poo has alot riding on this one.

Just watched the Lesters review of the VR1 turbo. Towards the end of the review he starts it up so we can hear it. Hes pushing and blipping the throttle so it revs, but it revs and goes no where like the belt is off. They always claimed the 1200 Doo had lag, but it really didn't, it was so responsive it would instantly take off. I wonder why they dont complain about the lag on the VR1 turbo? So weird. I'm thinking how slow it responds and doesn't even engage the clutch, yet they don't speak of that...

That lag aside, I think Polaris may very well have the quickest and fastest stock sled on the snow now. I bet it would be fun, at least until the first piston skirt breaks off at about 1000 miles and drops down into the case, taking the rods and cases with it. Imagine trying to get parts for that next season and finishing the season out. Better have a spare sled ready cause the VR1 is going to be at the dealer waiting for parts! That is if you lucky enough to go that far before it burns the piston anyway! This sled is going to break their warranty bank, no wonder they need to charge so much for it. I bet they figure $5K in warranty per sled on this one....Seriously.

100% agree. I'm excited for the Polaris and glad all manufactures are in the big HP game now. The Mach was a let down so maybe this one will deliver. If it goes well I think they will gain decent market share from Doo.

Back