• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2023 Polaris VR1 and Assault Boost

Just watched the Lesters review of the VR1 turbo. Towards the end of the review he starts it up so we can hear it. Hes pushing and blipping the throttle so it revs, but it revs and goes no where like the belt is off. They always claimed the 1200 Doo had lag, but it really didn't, it was so responsive it would instantly take off. I wonder why they dont complain about the lag on the VR1 turbo? So weird. I'm thinking how slow it responds and doesn't even engage the clutch, yet they don't speak of that...

That lag aside, I think Polaris may very well have the quickest and fastest stock sled on the snow now. I bet it would be fun, at least until the first piston skirt breaks off at about 1000 miles and drops down into the case, taking the rods and cases with it. Imagine trying to get parts for that next season and finishing the season out. Better have a spare sled ready cause the VR1 is going to be at the dealer waiting for parts! That is if you lucky enough to go that far before it burns the piston anyway! This sled is going to break their warranty bank, no wonder they need to charge so much for it. I bet they figure $5K in warranty per sled on this one....Seriously.
If you can even get it after you order it.....Aren't there still some waiting for there 22's?

LOL
Again, the piston issue has yet to be "PROVEN"
Whatever the outcome, as some on here have already pointed out, at least their trying to be innovative!
It's a BOLD move! And if it works out, the consumer will really benefit!
And if it doesn't, well, I think it's fair to say that Poo has alot riding on this one.
POLARIS- Pull Off Lake And Repair In Shop, i know all about it i owned a dozen of them

I think the Polaris turbo is going to be the fastest and quickest stock sled ever built myself. I believe it will lay waste to a stock 998. Maybe if I was younger and it was cheaper I'd be interested, but at this time in my life I want four-strokes, and I think I'd also like one with power-steering on it too.

Don't get me wrong. I love the machine I have now, it steers great with Aggressive SnowTrackers and the BOP arms. If I ride it till I'm done with snowmobiling, I'd be happy, but if I was buying new It would have power steering.

I know these Polaris turbos are going to have plenty of issues a four-stroke is just not going to have. Seizing, burndowns, and bad fuel are a thing of the past if you have a four-stroke. They are much more forgiving and just don't blow up. I don't mind the added weight, but I still wish the MFGRS would continue to improve on the weight for them. I bet that turbo Polaris two-stroke would be like riding a lightweight MotoCross bike.

Knowing how Cat is, I wonder what their answer will be for it. In the past Cat would have a rebuttal, but now that its Textron, who knows.

There is no doubt in my mind this Turbo 850 Polaris with a 1 inch track will be the fastest stock production sled ever.
Yamaha easily could rain on their parade by offering a limited build "SRX-R". All it would have to be would be a normal SRX with a special paint and decal package with an updated ECU that provides 4-6 psi more boost...case closed.

My buddies 850 vr1 matrix is already pulling timing. It will display maximum detonation detected.
Wait until they put a turbo on it.
He ordered a case of boostane.

The question is, will Ski Doo have a rebuttal?
Will they put their Turbo in a Gen 5 Trail sled next year?

None of this concerns me cuz i'm a 4-stroker all the way.

My buds' NA 850 Poo has had some gas issues.
Not horrible, but not fun neither, nor did any other sled in group have an issue with.
He has to constantly run it on "Ethanol Mode" which he looses some power on.
It goes into "Limp" mode as soon as it knocks then stays in Limp Mode until powered off.

Can you imagine what a boosted 850 will be like?
It will be the fastest ever...............................SOME of the time

My buddies 850 vr1 matrix is already pulling timing. It will display maximum detonation detected.
Wait until they put a turbo on it.
He ordered a case of boostane.
There’s something wrong with it
We have a bunch without issues
There are a few tunes floating around also to clean up pipe temp sensor and other things
Going to be fun
I have a black 137 vr1 boost w 1 inch track coming and it most likely will not be stock
Big studs with angled backers
I think it will be a rocket but reliable
Hmmm???!!! Lol

There is no doubt in my mind this Turbo 850 Polaris with a 1 inch track will be the fastest stock production sled ever.
Yamaha easily could rain on their parade by offering a limited build "SRX-R". All it would have to be would be a normal SRX with a special paint and decal package with an updated ECU that provides 4-6 psi more boost...case closed.
Make it even easier for Yamana just add boost to regular ‘23 SRX or even all models

There’s something wrong with it
We have a bunch without issues
There are a few tunes floating around also to clean up pipe temp sensor and other things
Going to be fun
I have a black 137 vr1 boost w 1 inch track coming and it most likely will not be stock
Big studs with angled backers
I think it will be a rocket but reliable
Hmmm???!!! Lol

It has been back to the dealer twice. They tell him its fuel.

It has been back to the dealer twice. They tell him its fuel.

I've seen it on both his sleds.
FUEL
He just runs it on Ethanol Mode and hasn't had an issue although it slows him down to Ski Doo 850 power.
NOBODY else in group had issues with same gas including an old carbed 600, Tuned Winder or any of the E-tecs

850 skidoo compairs to it
Is it blown up?
It is a Polaris after all! Lol
I haven’t had any issues with 850 skidonts I guess
But they are faster than the mach z!!!!
:bling;)!

The question is, will Ski Doo have a rebuttal?
Will they put their Turbo in a Gen 5 Trail sled next year?

None of this concerns me cuz i'm a 4-stroker all the way.

My buds' NA 850 Poo has had some gas issues.
Not horrible, but not fun neither, nor did any other sled in group have an issue with.
He has to constantly run it on "Ethanol Mode" which he looses some power on.
It goes into "Limp" mode as soon as it knocks then stays in Limp Mode until powered off.

Can you imagine what a boosted 850 will be like?
It will be the fastest ever...............................SOME of the time

As I recall, your bud had more than some gas issues! Isn't he on his second one......

Back