• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2023 Spring Order Sidewinders

I hope for the Cat dealers that Cat Corp. doesn't do an online order system like Yamaha did. Don't get me wrong, I think what Yamaha did was the right thing to do (follow up was shyte but the idea was good). If Cat does the same it will create major chaos in the dealer channel.

I would love to know how many of each model they will build. It can't be many for them to sell out so quickly.

The 998 Cat's are going to sell out even more quickly. Cat dealers have been taking deposits for weeks.

Just because there taking orders doesn’t mean there going to get them. It’s going to be even uglier with Cat, wait and see. Dealers can’t speak for the factory.

Just because there taking orders doesn’t mean there going to get them. It’s going to be even uglier with Cat, wait and see. Dealers can’t speak for the factory.
I just hope we find out relatively quickly, one way or the other, unlike the experience with Yamaha.

I was really looking forward to having a blue SRX :).

I just hope we find out relatively quickly, one way or the other, unlike the experience with Yamaha.

I was really looking forward to having a blue SRX :).
Has anyone been confirmed in Canada for a SRX ?
If so what time did you get your initial email on the 22nd ?

I agree, been thinking this all along. Theres dealers out there taking deposits and everything. Not one of them has a clue how many sleds they have to offer. Gonna have a bunch of pissed off folks when they are handing back deposits with an apology. Ive been at my dealer a few times and they have a list going with names and what sled the customer wants for order day but they arent collecting a dime.

What happens when someone walks into the Cat dealer and offers a couple grand above asking to get to the front of the list ???
Possibly someone who got boned once or twice on a Yamaha spring order ???

What happens when someone walks into the Cat dealer and offers a couple grand above asking to get to the front of the list ???

If the cat dealers control the list, maybe you can get someone to do that. But then you are working with a dealer who just bumped someone who they made commitments to, off the list or down the list. Not a dealer I would work with long term.

If cat corp controls the list by having signups online then the dealers can't do anything as their lists would be meaningless. Even if the dealers are signing people up online right when the website is open, they probably have a list that they are going to try to enter in manually and if you can do that yourself you are better off or take the route of doing both. Worst case is you get confirmation on two sleds. You won't have any problems other than warranty transfer with getting rid of one of them.

If the dealer lists are real then you can try your route or you may also want to start hunting for people who are already on a list but did so for the purpose of flipping the sled after they got it (there are some of those) or some people may even be on the fence. You can let the dealer know that you will buy someone elses position in line and he can make the offer.

Demand being what it is though even the guys that flip sleds every year probably want a season out of them first.

Just want to clarify that I am only upset about the fact that they didn't prioritize customers of the 2022 spring orders they cancelled. I find that appalling.
Seems crazy that we can't buy a new sled we want, but the world is bass ackwards right now.
A few factors at play such as difficulty getting parts and very healthy demand. I have no idea what the total build numbers are, but I think they don't want to put themselves in a position like last year. They may also be reducing numbers due to the possibility of a new sled for next year which may require some assembly line retooling.

Just want to clarify that I am only upset about the fact that they didn't prioritize customers of the 2022 spring orders they cancelled. I find that appalling.
Seems crazy that we can't buy a new sled we want, but the world is bass ackwards right now.
A few factors at play such as difficulty getting parts and very healthy demand. I have no idea what the total build numbers are, but I think they don't want to put themselves in a position like last year. They may also be reducing numbers due to the possibility of a new sled for next year which may require some assembly line retooling.

In 21, for the 2022 orders, how did the signup process work? Curious as I didn't pay any attention at the time.

In 21, for the 2022 orders, how did the signup process work? Curious as I didn't pay any attention at the time.
It was online, but less the queueing system basically your deposit went in without issue. However that turned out not to guarantee everyone a sled.

Sorry should say that was for Yamaha, for arctic cat last year you filled out the online form and it went to a dealer and they had to basically input everything

My Cat dealer told me that his sales rep told him that the Cat 998Ts will sell out the first day.

If someone wants to waive their wallet around they will have to be at the dealer early.

I would guess that cat will be sold out of Tcats and Riot 9000's by noon on April 19th. I would also guess at least half of the guys that put down deposits since opening day will be getting their money back. 23' 9000's will be more scarce than the 22's. The good news is that used 9000's and Winders will bring a premium price.

Back