• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2023 Spring Order Sidewinders

I am hoping that this is not true , as it defies common sense !!!!!
Not sure how much common sense is left in the world today !
I am of the belief , that if info doesn't come directly from Yamaha , then it possibly/probably/ usually not valid !

I don't get why they put that 48 hour response info on the original email .
I don't think anyone got a confirmation within 48 hours.
So not even Yamaha can be trusted all the time .
I was at my dealer today picking up my sleds after spring maintenance (and having a Cv-tech PB 80 and the DMC upper gear installed :)) and dropping off my 2 ATVs for new tires, and he also confirmed that 1) there was NO priority given to customers who had 2022 orders cancelled, 2) if you haven't heard by now, you are most likely on the wait list, and 3) there were technical issues during the ordering window that resulted in some people - like me, unfortunately! - that received the initial "in line" email not actually being put into the queue.

So, it's a #*$&@-show.

Now, good news for me is that my dealer is also an AC dealer, so I'm going to order a Thundercat instead (well, at least will try :)). I really really wanted that Team Blue SRX, but that's life I guess.

I was at my dealer today picking up my sleds after spring maintenance (and having a Cv-tech PB 80 and the DMC upper gear installed :)) and dropping off my 2 ATVs for new tires, and he also confirmed that 1) there was NO priority given to customers who had 2022 orders cancelled, 2) if you haven't heard by now, you are most likely on the wait list, and 3) there were technical issues during the ordering window that resulted in some people - like me, unfortunately! - that received the initial "in line" email not actually being put into the queue.

So, it's a #*$&@-show.

Now, good news for me is that my dealer is also an AC dealer, so I'm going to order a Thundercat instead (well, at least will try :)). I really really wanted that Team Blue SRX, but that's life I guess.
Are you putting the PB-80 on your Winder ?

Are you putting the PB-80 on your Winder ?
Yes, already done. Started it up on the lift when I got it back home today. With the PB 80 clutch plus the noise reduction ring (also had that installed), all you can hear is the engine. True test will be out on the snow of course, but so far all the "bucket of bolts" rattling is gone.

I'm not any sort of lake racer, so I realize I will likely lose some top-end, but I have never actually approached those speeds anyways, so that's all theoretical for me! Fastest I've had it is around 170km/h for a very, very short time :).

Anyone that is thinking of the cat versions with Yamaha is sold out, may want to check with nearest cat dealer soon as I know most have lists going already that will go in as soon as the open hits for their orders. I went 1st on the list for a new Riot March 15th and in a matter of a few days there were a pile more on the list for Riots and Thundercats with deposits at my dealer.

So, it's a #*$&@-show.

I had sent a "help" email directly to Yamaha last week, citing my order number and asking for a status update given how much time has gone by. Today I received the response - "My understanding is all units are allocated at this time. I am very sorry."

So even though the response still lacked a lot of detail, definitely seems like this implies that if you have not received your confirmation, you are on the wait list.

Received an email today stating that I will not receive the 2023 model I attempted to order March 22nd.
Given that they cancelled the 2022 GT I had spring ordered, I think this is the worst customer experience I have ever had in my lifetime.

Received an email today stating that I will not receive the 2023 model I attempted to order March 22nd.
Given that they cancelled the 2022 GT I had spring ordered, I think this is the worst customer experience I have ever had in my lifetime.
I got the "official" email saying I'm on the waitlist at 7:30 pm EST. Totally agree they botched this from a PR / customer service perspective.

It just baffles me why they wouldn't prioritzie customers who had their 2023 orders cancelled. :dunno:

I got the "official" email saying I'm on the waitlist at 7:30 pm EST. Totally agree they botched this from a PR / customer service perspective.

It just baffles me why they wouldn't prioritzie customers who had their 2023 orders cancelled. :dunno:
'2022'

I too got the same email , after I reached out to my dealer to find out what was going on .
Something weird is going on , and it appears all is not as it was meant to be in Yamahaville !
Is it possible that they meant 480 hours instead of 48 hours , or that the system they planned to use for spring orders broke down ???

The messaging from my dealer leading up to it was basically "as soon as it goes live, pull the trigger ASAP or you'll be out of luck". Seems like a lot of people got that message... but kind of hard to believe they sold the entire years' production in a few hours on a website that would barely load though eh

I too got the same email , after I reached out to my dealer to find out what was going on .
Something weird is going on , and it appears all is not as it was meant to be in Yamahaville !
Is it possible that they meant 480 hours instead of 48 hours , or that the system they planned to use for spring orders broke down ???
Something is definitely amiss in Yamahaville as I just realized that when I received my thanks but no thanks email tonight at 7pm , it referenced my order # correctly , but it listed my order date as March 27th , not March 22nd ???????????
I should be at the front of the line not 5 days later , no wonder I am not getting a 23 !

74Nitro...I've heard of getting on Santa's naughty list before, but what the heck have you done to get on Yamaha's naughty list? Damn, two years in a row with them cancelling your Spring order? WTF??

I think that if any company is looking for a way to lose loyal customers all they need to do is look at Yamaha's current business model and follow Yamaha's Spring Power Surge ordering procedure :)

I think you had to order immediately when it opened. I was on the website and kept pushing refresh as soon as the clock struck 2-3? Whatever it was. I think those who waited didn’t get it. I feel like the Canadians are the ones with more problems also. Who lives in Canada that got one?

I would love to know how many of each model they will build. It can't be many for them to sell out so quickly.

The 998 Cat's are going to sell out even more quickly. Cat dealers have been taking deposits for weeks.

Back