• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2024 Prototypes and Spy Photos

The 7000 does get the new dealer installed $700 logistics fee though. That'll help sales.

I was thinking maybe arctic cat would let Yamaha have the new chassis and call it the Nytro. Thier engine with Yamaha clutching. Really grabbing at straws... but you never know

I questioned it as well but everywhere I look, it says the same thing. Its in their spec sheet. 594 dry. Also quoted in every mag and online vlog/video thats mentioned it. The only way I can think that this adds up is to compare them on paper of course. The 2cyl 998 with a gear driven counter balance shaft (5-8lbs?) is going to be inching close to 3cyl 998 weight while being more compact, the difference will come down to specific design and a few cam lobes and valves. That counter balance shaft is not light as it has to offset the moving forces of that 270/90 firing cycle. (meaning having one less connecting rod/piston is offset by counter balance shaft, and larger pistons, rods). All else being equal and with the displacement being the same, the total weight will be in the ballpark. Compared to its 2s cousins, throw in a chaincase with reverse, liquid cooling, an intercooler, a new airbox, battery and starter, etc on top of the new motor and weight is going to creep up fast. The indy XCR 850 btw is quoted at 474lbs but that is without electric start, throw in electric start and a battery and it will quickly climb as well, call it in the sub 500lb range but not by a whole lot. It still feels like something is missing here but we only have Polaris specs to go by.

Arctic Cat says 603 lbs dry, and the winder spec (most reliable sources) is somewhere between 587 (video of scale) and 590 (quoted) for which the difference could just be track. Intuitively, all of these sleds are going to be in the same ballpark, its not like we are seeing a lot of steel on one where the other is using carbon fiber. Doo claims 550ish for the machZ, and while I haven't seen any third party testimony, I believe it, they do a very good job of packaging. I did a bottom up evaluation of the machz and came to 558lbs so close..

Ahh, and Mark Lester said that the S4 weighs about 50lbs more than the doo 4strokes so those numbers add up as well. While I take all of Marks hyperbole as such, when he quotes specs they aren't his to make up.
Arctic Cat Tcat 603 Lbs. was the spec for 2020 model, which do not have power steering.

Arctic Cat Tcat 603 Lbs. was the spec for 2020 model, which do not have power steering.
All of those weights are without EPS. It wasn't so much about the weight of any 998 model as it was about the weight of a polaris S4 which also doesn't have power steering (nor does the 900 Ace but it needs it).

It add about 13 Lbs. on the front, but it makes the ride WAY more enjoyable. I installed one from GSE, 2300 CND. It worthed every penny.

Just got off the phone with a dealer that I bought both of my Winders from.
Hadn't chatted since last fall.
I asked if he knew anything about Yamaha's and Cat's plans going forward.
He told me that the last time he talked to the head of the snowmobile division he asked him about the rumors of Yamaha exiting the sled business.
The reply was certainly not anytime soon as we just completed our three year model plans.

I was thinking maybe arctic cat would let Yamaha have the new chassis and call it the Nytro. Thier engine with Yamaha clutching. Really grabbing at straws... but you never know
That nameplate seemed to be used quite a bit.

SXR maybe? Exciter? Phazer II?

1678394100950.png

Jaret just posted this video. Is this a sneak peak at the 2024 BNG? I don't recognize it as a 2023.

I wonder if it spit a chaincase or spun the driveshaft on the race during the ride to the photoshoot??

It is, he references it in the video as a '24 model.
I heard him say, that the "24 le models will be limited production" and then they just flashed that photo. But that was all we saw. I connected the dots, but didn't here him announce it as a 24, so I had to ask.

They should have put the black on the belly pan and blue on top to replicate the '98 SRX

Back