• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2025 yamaha srx arrival dates

SEVS11

Extreme
I have one on order and I am just wondering when the Yamaha spring check sleds usually show up Thanks

All of ours say September for now
I hope to get it in September that would give me more than enough time to accessorize it. Im
So trying my best to not tune this one but I’ve had 3 tunes ones already but the plan is to leave this one stock and make it last. Anyone else thinking the same ?

Cat has delivered 2025 Tcats. My dealer got a bunch of them several weeks ago. I would guess they will be making the winders soon.

1722553053091.png

I hope to get it in September that would give me more than enough time to accessorize it. Im
So trying my best to not tune this one but I’ve had 3 tunes ones already but the plan is to leave this one stock and make it last. Anyone else thinking the same ?
Leaving it stock is no guarantee that it will last any longer …. I think how you ride , how you maintain and conditions you ride in all play a part in longevity… Stock will be easier on parts if you baby it but that also holds true on a properly set up tuned winder if you also go easy …. It sounds like you have had issues with your tuned sleds or with longevity???

I agree with simplespeed. Staying stock is no guarantee of longevity.

Tuning gets the most potential out of your sled.

Tuning also exposes the weaknesses of the sled quicker. All the small things that have been known to go wrong with the sled are listed on this site. What I did with my 22 Tcat EPS was to ride it stock the first two seasons under warranty while hardening/upgrading the chassis getting it ready for a tune. That consisted of a 4 wheel rear axle, shaft saver, DMC top gear, brass fork pads, tack weld the tensioner bolt, change the upper cross brace shaft, the lower front skid shock shaft, and add a stiffer front skid spring. I wanted a better cross country chassis set up.

At the end of last season, it got a 225/240/270 stock muffler tune, upgraded the BOV, map sensor, roll over hose, changed the oil, changed the chain case oil, hyfax, and is now prepared for the 24/25 season.

With the extra power, I also converted the rear clutch to torsional with a Ron Ward kit and will go out with the stock front clutch with Dalton weights. By mid winter, I will put my TAPP clutch on.

It will certainly not be the fastest sled, but it will be quiet, be quick to about 120, scare me a little, and should be reliable for many years to come.

Hope this helps.

I think a tuned sled increases longevity......as it keeps the engine hours lower, which equals less wear and tear.

Let's say you need to travel 150 miles. You take a sled with a big tune, and in one hour you accomplish 150 miles. A stock sled may take 1.5 hours, as it's slower. Hence, with a tuned sled, every 150 mile ride, you save .5 engine hours of wear and tear.

Really......it's simple math!! Lol

I agree with simplespeed. Staying stock is no guarantee of longevity.

Tuning gets the most potential out of your sled.

Tuning also exposes the weaknesses of the sled quicker. All the small things that have been known to go wrong with the sled are listed on this site. What I did with my 22 Tcat EPS was to ride it stock the first two seasons under warranty while hardening/upgrading the chassis getting it ready for a tune. That consisted of a 4 wheel rear axle, shaft saver, DMC top gear, brass fork pads, tack weld the tensioner bolt, change the upper cross brace shaft, the lower front skid shock shaft, and add a stiffer front skid spring. I wanted a better cross country chassis set up.

At the end of last season, it got a 225/240/270 stock muffler tune, upgraded the BOV, map sensor, roll over hose, changed the oil, changed the chain case oil, hyfax, and is now prepared for the 24/25 season.

With the extra power, I also converted the rear clutch to torsional with a Ron Ward kit and will go out with the stock front clutch with Dalton weights. By mid winter, I will put my TAPP clutch on.

It will certainly not be the fastest sled, but it will be quiet, be quick to about 120, scare me a little, and should be reliable for many years to come.

Hope this helps.
Would you please explain to me as to what is a Ron Ward torsional kit and what are the benefits???

Ron Ward kit changes spring in secondary clutch from a factory compression spring to a torsion spring. I've never purchased one of his kits, but I think the kit includes spring/weights/helix. The advantage is better runnability, performance, and speed

Justinator runs his kits and can attest to advantages. Hopefully he chimes in!!

Would you please explain to me as to what is a Ron Ward torsional kit and what are the benefits???
The torsional kit from Ron Ward is for the cat sleds with team boss/adapt secondary clutches and as fleecer mentioned it converts from a standard compression spring to a torsional spring setup. This greatly improves backshift and response as well as belt grip. Very smooth setup with cool clutches. Great setup for trail sleds. Ron also makes a kit for the sidewinders which I have no experience with and there is no conversion of any sort as the sidewinders already use a torsional spring so I believe his sidewinder kit has weights, helix and new springs.

Justinator explained the Ron Ward torsional kit well. I recall putting one on my modstock turbo 1100, it lowered the belt temps from the 190's to the 120's. The other thing worth mentioning is cost. The kit costs half/less than half of a billet aftermarket torsional secondary. I also had a Pro 4 secondary that I used on the 1100 that cost twice as much as Rons set up. There was no difference in performance or belt temps. Finally, my riding partner has had Rons set up on his tuned Tcat for the past 6 years. No belt issues, good performance for thousands of miles.

Back