• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

22 tooth top gear

ROCKERDAN

OCD Sledhead
Country
Other
Snowmobile
'18 RTX 50th "Winder"
Posting this so its easier to find for everyone.

Just got it installed here, it fits with stock chain....alot easier if you have some miles on chain for abit of stretch.

Arctic cat part # 22 tooth top gear: 1702-395

$19 bucks US, $25 or so Can. http://countrycat.com/ccstore/index...2-395-sprocket-bw-22t-rev-15w-w-brg-assy.html

Dan

22 top gear.jpg
IMG_3138.JPG
IMG_3139.JPG
IMG_3140.JPG

What's the skinny on the gear Dan? I've seen it mentioned in other posts. Why are you changing it? More top end?

Those are some GREAT lOOkinG HANDS LOL. QUOTE="ROCKERDAN, post: 1352732, member: 3126"]Posting this so its easier to find for everyone.

Just got it installed here, it fits with stock chain....alot easier if you have some miles on chain for abit of stretch.

Arctic cat part # 22 tooth top gear: 1702-395

$19 bucks US, $25 or so Can. http://countrycat.com/ccstore/index...2-395-sprocket-bw-22t-rev-15w-w-brg-assy.html

Dan

View attachment 126376 View attachment 126377 View attachment 126378 View attachment 126379[/QUOTE]

Do you need to change the stock clutching since your changing the gear ratio?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

no..but I ran 22/41 with PT on my 16 and mighty had the same sled with ECO 21/41 and I think the 21/41 is the better gearing...unless you primarily do top speed running

What's the skinny on this build Dan? And when will you have speed numbers to share?

Thanks Joe

Last edited:
What's the skinny on this build Dan? And when will you have speed numbers to share?

Thanks Joe
TD powertrail would max stock gears in no time easily....so we finally got the gear in now.

I cannot see it hurting much on trail, this thing has so much Jam my arms hurt.lol

Dan

dsimonRX1 said:
How does the 22 gear work when trail riding? Is it just better all around?
Ben:
Yes.... This sled likes gear unless you play in deep powder or tight twisties... Hard pack trails

That's coming from someone with a lot of knowledge about this sled especially boosted. In Ben we trust!!!

Back