• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

3" Sandale Hyperflow with a tune and Cold Air Intake, CAI.

Dunno, I'm not as familiar with the TD offerings.

I did get a chance to try the new 3.5" that Sandale is working on, and this is going to be a killer exhaust. Ran the Hyperflow, Heartbreaker, and Outlaw 1.0 back-back, and I don't think the Outlaw was any louder than the Hyperflow. It makes more power on his dyno as well, but I don't know if that info is public so I won't share for now.

I agree with you that sound/drone is subjective. It was my biggest concern with going to a 3" exhaust, and I'm happy with it.

I heard about this 3.5". It is supposed to be powerful. Limited run I was told.

Would be great to see a dyno comparison between all these mufflers. I cant see there being any HP left on the table for a 3.5 to make any more power than a 3 inch.

So are Ben’s tunes safe for the 3” exhaust? I also heard Hurricane had to adjust for the 3”. I have a 3” Heartbreaker and have been seeing intermittent knock on longer pulls.

Boost in my logs is always 16.9 - 17lbs.

That seems like a lot of boost for the 270 tune. You are running more in the 290 area I think. On Hurricane's dyno sheets they are showing 15lbs of boost at their warm shop with I am guessing their Trail Muffler.

2lbs of boost extra as compared to their Dyno.

With a higher flow muffler, like the Hyperflow, and I am sure cooler temperatures; boost pressure increased significantly.

Have you changed your boost control valve? Map Sensor?

I suppose the 240 flash would probably show the same increase. There Dyno on it shows about 13lbs, if it picks up a couple of PSI it should be around 260?

That seems like a lot of boost for the 270 tune. You are running more in the 290 area I think. On Hurricane's dyno sheets they are showing 15lbs of boost at their warm shop with I am guessing their Trail Muffler.

2lbs of boost extra as compared to their Dyno.

With a higher flow muffler, like the Hyperflow, and I am sure cooler temperatures; boost pressure increased significantly.

Have you changed your boost control valve? Map Sensor?

I suppose the 240 flash would probably show the same increase. There Dyno on it shows about 13lbs, if it picks up a couple of PSI it should be around 260?
Not correct....

The 270 map runs right where Jim said, 16.7 to 17.1psi on my data-logs. Most of us run the TS BOV with the Jukebox. 290 is similar boost, however more timing.

240map is around 14.3-14.8psi

Snapshots below, however the snapshot is not necessarily the highest boost Ive seen, this was just an early run when I first was setting things up(over-revving). This was back when speeds were incorrect early on(too low actually) and the GPS speed on these two runs below was 121 and 125GPS true speeds, since then GAP has corrected the speeds to be very accurate.

Dan

240 data-log snapshot
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2b97.jpg

270 data-log snapshot
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2b98.jpg

Not correct....

The 270 map runs right where Jim said, 16.7 to 17.1psi on my data-logs. Most of us run the TS BOV with the Jukebox. 290 is similar boost, however more timing.

240map is around 14.3-14.8psi

Snapshots below, however the snapshot is not necessarily the highest boost Ive seen, this was just an early run when I first was setting things up(over-revving). This was back when speeds were incorrect early on(too low actually) and the GPS speed on these two runs below was 121 and 125GPS true speeds, since then GAP has corrected the speeds to be very accurate.

Dan

240 data-log snapshot
View attachment 143690

270 data-log snapshot
View attachment 143691

Great info, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for sharing.

About 4 Mph difference on top end.

A person would have to decide if that would justify having to carry a bottle of octane booster with them for the 270 tune. I assume octane booster would not ever be needed on the 240 tune with 91 octane fuel?

Just to confirm, this was with the Sandale Hyperflow?

Thanks again,

Rodney

Last edited:
Great info, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for sharing.

About 4 Mph difference on top end.

A person would have to decide if that would justify having to carry a bottle of octane booster with them for the 270 tune. I assume octane booster would not ever be needed on the 240 tune with 91 octane fuel?

Just to confirm, this was with the Sandale Hyperflow?

Thanks again,

Rodney

I apologize, I did not realize this was aimed at sandale 3". I run a 2.5" Muffler.

Those runs were not about speed at all, Just my first two runs I made after I flashed an added weights. So was just out testing my setup. Obviously needed more weight as shown over-revving. It was likely 2000ft total run and GPS speeds were 121 and 125 as I have the video of this day for my records. Also I dont like to compare 240 to 270 on same run, as they both rev at different rpms. Best test is to clutch the 240 map for 8800, then clutch the 270 map for 8800 and that is a more apples to apples comparison for top speed. I tend to rev my setup higher as it is much more fun corner to corner, but if I ran big trails all the time, id set it up for 8800 or so.

Also that day I had some crap gas in it, and i got knock lite early so had to back off, as seen in run it was not held WOT very long at all.

I have talked about this before a few times, as the fuel issue often is mentioned by guys who do NOT YET have their tunes. Once you have a GAP tune with knock light/protection, It becomes a very nice/easy tool to understand exactly where your fuel quality is, as to which map you are running. Saying you need to carry octane booster while trail riding is really something that is not needed. The knock light will tell you, and then you simply back off WOT. Anything below WOT will typically show zero knock. So you can ride very hi speed trails for thousands of miles if you like, without ever seeing a knock light. Even on 87.

The fuel quality(octane) becomes a much larger issue on WOT speed runs, or longer lake runs...or even WOT big trail runs...then, you will become accustom to how far/long you can hold WOT before your knock light flickers. So for those days, you surely want 93/94 with some lucas or torco ect. With the good fuel and no knock, then you can go out and hold it WOT and most sleds will tap out their gears with the bigger tunes easily.

Dan

So are Ben’s tunes safe for the 3” exhaust? I also heard Hurricane had to adjust for the 3”. I have a 3” Heartbreaker and have been seeing intermittent knock on longer pulls.
Yes - TD has tunes specifically for the 3" exhaust.

You could connect with Mike/Ben if you're not sure, but I have ones that have 3" in the file name.

Back