• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

7 inch "bigscreen" GPS(Garmin 2757) on Sidewinder/Crash pad

Nice install. Now you can get a suntan while riding from that big screen :p
Best thing about this is touring, overnighters and out of your home areas........Never a need for maps as we have the OFSC trail maps on GPS....

Away to North Bay for weekend? So you want Pizza hut? Just hit restaurants and voila, the GPS will guide you there "turn by turn" using trails only!

Best thing about this is touring, overnighters and out of your home areas........Never a need for maps as we have the OFSC trail maps on GPS....

Away to North Bay for weekend? So you want Pizza hut? Just hit restaurants and voila, the GPS will guide you there "turn by turn" using trails only!
You are making me hungry. Have you tried the OFSC phone app? I was thinking about dling it for next weekend.

YA KNOW...... I've been thinking all along....I wish i had a friend like Dan to mod my sled! But the thought of Tom being Dans alter ego is just too funny! One hell of an elaborate plan posting as 2 people! lol. JK.
Gotta thank You though Dan, you're bringing some good stuff to the table here for sure.
Now,
1) Can you upload trails into that garmin so people can share?
2) Does is come with topo maps or are they an upgrade?

Last edited:
Will it rotate forward more out of the way on the fly ?
I think money would burn slower around this sport..

LOL if I was on Dan's Shoulder snowmobiling would be the last thing he'd be wanting to do lol a hospital would be first priorities Awesome having Dan do these mods to my sled he enjoys the tasks and I enjoy seeing the results.yes it gets costly trying g different combos BUT hey a first year sled your gonna get that right? I'm just glad that Dan is back to TY and sharing his knowledge and we are ALL reaping the benefits.Great Job Dan as always thanks again!!!!

lmao or is dan is really tom? (pinky up to mouth) ...seriously dan...just open a fricken sled custom shop already..
My thoughts to SJ lol,but he does some very nice write ups on his Mods,so even the slow to learn like myself can understand ha ha.

LOL if I was on Dan's Shoulder snowmobiling would be the last thing he'd be wanting to do lol a hospital would be first priorities Awesome having Dan do these mods to my sled he enjoys the tasks and I enjoy seeing the results.yes it gets costly trying g different combos BUT hey a first year sled your gonna get that right? I'm just glad that Dan is back to TY and sharing his knowledge and we are ALL reaping the benefits.Great Job Dan as always thanks again!!!!
Absolutely brother,Dan is a great sourse of information,and if he don't know it,he digs and digs and finds it,we all will benefit from having Dan back on here.

You are making me hungry. Have you tried the OFSC phone app? I was thinking about dling it for next weekend.
I have the OFSC app on iPhone and iPad, and then their free page online.....its a color coded map of entire Ontario trails. Green(open/excellent), Yellow(limited/marginal), RED(closed)

Site is here: http://ofsc.mapbase.ca/viewer/?exte...0.69913693,-8742371.27110437,5727369.91326677

If you put the base map into satellite mode, they use a view from late winter, and when you zoom into the lakes, you can see the sled track where they come on/off lakes..very cool.

The problem with APP is if you are out of range for cell service...once trails are good we know, so the interactive guide is used alot more early season or for touring to other regions.

The GPS on the other hand is not cell based so never out of range..always works and has maps in the hard drive of the unit, or SD card from trakmaps with trails: https://www.trakmaps.com/en/products/gps/snowmobile/

Dan

YA KNOW...... I've been thinking all along....I wish i had a friend like Dan to mod my sled! But the thought of Tom being Dans alter ego is just too funny! One hell of an elaborate plan posting as 2 people! lol. JK.
Gotta thank You though Dan, you're bringing some good stuff to the table here for sure.
Now,
1) Can you upload trails into that garmin so people can share?
2) Does is come with topo maps or are they an upgrade?

LOL.....

Yes most all Garmin's come with a North American road map pre installed....its a very good map and even comes with live traffic for the big citys like Toronto where traffic on 401 can be for days! The SD card we buy from trakmaps of OFSC is a nice topo map that has all your destinations, so it can be used as a navigation tool like in your car, but on trails. It will have many of the stops and restaurants ect ect too....

Lots of garmin software to upload tracks ect....best part is you can tap on a setting to allow your own track(blue line) to show on map as you ride, it leaves your track....so now when you need to go back home across that lake in fog after it got dark, you can simply follow your blue line. You can show or hide the blue line anytime too. It is a life saver for sure, and great for those not good with directions or trails, or just from out of town.

When it goes into night mode(automatically) it looks amazing..guides you home.

Dan

IMG_4389.jpg
IMG_4386.jpg
IMG_5331.JPG
IMG_5338.JPG
IMG_5391c.jpg
IMG_5339.JPG

Last edited:

Back