• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

A list of problems I discovered with my sled

Grim

Veteran
I noticed a puddle of coolant on the floor in my garage today. I thought it would be an easy fix, boy was I ever wrong. The clamp that was leaking was under the air box and the way the clamp was installed I had to remove the air box. I checked all the clamps while I had it off and they all were about two turns loose. The 2nd thing I found was a bolt laying in the belly pan, I could not find any place for it to go. Looks to to be the same bolts that are used to hold the heat shield on. The third thing I found was what appears to be a broken curclip laying on the inside of my track. I couldn't find any broken off my idlers. The fourth thing I discovered was my left hand bottom decal on the front of the sled has a bunch of air bubbles in it. Not to impressed to find this much wrong with a new sled with on 200 miles on it. I guess it will be making a trip to the dealer with the pieces I've found.

Real odd question. What is the vin number? I wonder if there is a correlation with a particular batch of sleds that came off the line at the same time.

Sad to say but that Cats quality.. I owned 1 Cat in the past and I went threw the whole sled before I rode it and found three bolts in the belly pan LOL Something Yama guys don't usually have to worry about till now

Before you encounter a serious problem, adjust/tighten the chain in the chaincase. Apparently, they loosen quite a bit during break in.

Back