• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper strange slow leak

stingray719

TY 4 Stroke God
That strange very slow leak on our red Viper i got to today. The odd thing was the clamp was tight. The mystery was solved when I took the hose off and found a trademark on the sealing surface. Wow......that hose is preformed so would every Viper have this issue if the hose clamp was just a hair off?

Second pic is where this hose is mounted, the leaky end is on the thermostat housing.

hose.jpg

hosemount.jpg

rrrrrrrrrr i just tightened that clamp because mine was leaking too. hopefully it stops.

I had one where the coolant was weeping out of the theads seen on cut end of hose. Must mean a leak in first layer of the hose. I think the hoses are subpar. First one out with a silicone preformed hose kit is going to get a lot of business.

Had the same issue with mine.
filed down the area so it all was flush. No bumps. No more leaks.
someone else posted about this last year. Thats jow i found my issue

Hey Bill, got your message late last night....I will check mine now. Both Nytro and Viper are tore apart.

I have found a small leak on a line right on top of tunne just below throttle bodies. Goes from solid hose to rubber with band clamp. Tried putting another clamp on worm type and actually got worse.
Any suggestion

Just in front of jackshaft

Last edited:
Are you getting at this one from the belly pan access panel? If I remember right the tube that hose is on is just a tube no bead or anything and it goes quite a ways into the hose. I believe I had this one apart during valve adjustment. Will look for pics.

Back